Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Will Democrats accept if the Republicans hold the House?
Poll
Poll Question: Will the Democrats accept the Republicans holding House?

« Created by: Queshank on: Sep 14th, 2018 at 7:33pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Will Democrats accept if the Republicans hold the House? (Read 490 times)
Czarcasm
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Will Democrats accept if the Republicans hold the House?
Reply #20 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Genesee wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 10:25am:
"Get rid of Trump." Their numbskull constituency just eats that sh*t up.

As we see here every day on LNF. Thread after thread offering attacks on Trump but seldom one on issues they intend to run on in the midterms or their ideas on what they will run on in 2020.

But I'm sure Spartacus has a plan.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #21 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Czarcasm wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 9:25am:
Which is why there is the Electoral College as far as the presidency is concerned. Keeps the liberal losers on both coasts from forcing their ass-backwards views on the majority of Americans.

No, you got that backwards.

The Electoral College allows loser neo fascists on desolate farms and ranches of rural states to foist their reactionary oppressive racist views on the majority of Americans.

IP Logged

Czarcasm
LNF Senior Staffer6

Reply #22 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 5:45pm:

The Electoral College allows loser neo fascists on desolate farms and ranches of rural states to foist their reactionary oppressive racist views on the majority of Americans.

Spoken just like Obama.   You "cling" to your hope.

IP Logged

AmericanMom
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 5:45pm:

Funny.. I don't quite remember reading that the framers thought of it that way..

IP Logged

AmericanMom
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Czarcasm wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 5:47pm:
Spoken just like Obama.   You "cling" to your hope.

With that mindset they might be the losing party for a few more years  Wink

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 8:30am:
Can't really call yourselves the majority when your party consistently loses the popular vote for POTUS and underperforms the democrats in vote totals for house seats...

That's a bit misleading FC.  And is one of the things I started to notice the Democrats/left were getting bad about around 5 years ago.  Misleading with data and statistics.

If they're being honest, sites that point out the Republicans didn't get as many votes as the Democrats also point out that the Republicans had more candidates running in districts that are so heavily Republican they ran unopposed.  Meaning nobody even had to vote, s/he was an automatic win.

I don't think (right now) the Republicans will take back the House.  Despite this poll I started.  But I'm always aware that could change at any moment.  Things are highly volatile.  And that volatility isn't all in a way that's good for Democrats.  Things could swing wildly in Trump's favor ... depending on how much traction the positive of Trump elements of Woodward's book gets.  (Notice the pundits aren't really talking about Woodward's book anymore?  I have.)

I started the poll to say "It's not in the bag.  Yet the media is again prognosticating like it's in the bag." 

If the Democrats are misled by their misplaced faith in the rhetoric of the punditry again as they were in 2016, then in the slim eventuality the Republicans hold the House, I don't think it's going to be pretty at all.  Not when you sprinkle on all the rhetoric about Russia stealing the 2018 elections.

And I think the reason Republicans still have the slim chance they have is leftists really do not comprehend how outnumbered they are.  Not because the Russians are coming! The Russians are coming! The Democratic coalition doesn't even agree with itself.

The whole reason I'm always trying to put the brakes on Democratic enthusiasm is I don't think their positions are as universally popular as they think they are.  "I hate Trump" reactionaryism is not the same thing as an ideological belief. 

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #26 - Sep 16th, 2018 at 4:17am
Print Post  
AmericanMom wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
Funny.. I don't quite remember reading that the framers thought of it that way..

And so you are claiming they thought of it this way (which is what I was replying to)?:

Quote:
Which is why there is the Electoral College as far as the presidency is concerned. Keeps the liberal losers on both coasts from forcing their ass-backwards views on the majority of Americans.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Will Democrats accept if the Republicans hold the House?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog