Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe House › Something I learned today by listening to npr
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Something I learned today by listening to npr (Read 50 times)
billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Something I learned today by listening to npr
Sep 17th, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  

1st off, it must reflect a sad state for some people to ignore such a great, easy access, citizen’s accomplishment, as npr because of – (I’m at a loss) – spite maybe, because someone told them that npr is liberal propaganda. I don’t know – ignorance is my best guess.

It’s just too damn easy, but I guess having some right wing screamer blasting the same bs, that you already know and believe in your little hearts, over and over, beats listening to some new scientific discovery, a book review or news event, or heaven forbid, a political discussion with all sides represented.

https://www.npr.org/2016/03/18/470514319/how-can-hidden-sounds-be-captured-by-ev...

well not actually today - I heard this about a week ago. You may already know more than I do from other sources, as some googling shows he did this several years ago, but new to me and crazy amazing.

Audio from video.

At around the 8-minute mark he yells at a potato chip bag and the bag records his voice.

Could be kelliannianniee was onto something

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Re: Something I learned today by listening to npr
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
1st off, it must reflect a sad state for some people to ignore such a great, easy access, citizen’s accomplishment, as npr because of – (I’m at a loss) – spite maybe, because someone told them that npr is liberal propaganda. I don’t know – ignorance is my best guess.

It’s just too damn easy, but I guess having some right wing screamer blasting the same bs, that you already know and believe in your little hearts, over and over, beats listening to some new scientific discovery, a book review or news event, or heaven forbid, a political discussion with all sides represented.

https://www.npr.org/2016/03/18/470514319/how-can-hidden-sounds-be-captured-by-ev...

well not actually today - I heard this about a week ago. You may already know more than I do from other sources, as some googling shows he did this several years ago, but new to me and crazy amazing.

Audio from video.

At around the 8-minute mark he yells at a potato chip bag and the bag records his voice.

Could be kelliannianniee was onto something

It would be nice if NPR actually represented both sides in a non partisan way, but they don't.  I listen once in a while and all they have on are leftist hacks bashing everyone they don't agree with.

&&

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:46am
Print Post  
robth wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 4:49pm:
It would be nice if NPR actually represented both sides in a non partisan way, but they don't.  I listen once in a while and all they have on are leftist hacks bashing everyone they don't agree with.

Some shows do. It's hard to do political comedy without laughing at the right, but even then there have been completely nonpartisan comedy shows in the past. Car talk was a great show, I still listen to old shows from their archive.

The political talk/call in shows use quality experts from both sides - there are a very few exceptions (Thom Hartmann would not be something you could listen to).

Science, history, archeology, astronomy, music, book and movie reviews ... aren't really presented with a political bias and beat the hell out of repetitive top 40 or old old rock.

For me, trivia is cool too. I listened to a book review a few weeks back and learned of a confederate raid on Vermont.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
heard this a couple of years back

https://www.sciencefriday.com/segments/melding-biology-and-chemistry-in-a-bionic...

pretty cool - an artificial leaf that can do anything

screw the dinosaurs, we can make plastics and liquid fuel from sunlight

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe House › Something I learned today by listening to npr

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules