Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke? (Read 302 times)
EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke?
Reply #20 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 8:36pm:
I’m not trying to shame you, laugh at you or embarrass you. Stop being so paranoid.

We’re talking about the difference between proof and belief.

There’s no spin on this ball.

I do wonder why you feel a need to try proving stuff though.

If you want to prove the divinity of Christ tova non believer you’ll need some better ammunition than anything you’ve shot so far.

According to the Book itself, no man can do that.  It requires divine intervention. 

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke?
Reply #21 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Spot on!  The Bible says God resist the proud and gives grace to the humble.  I have NEVER seen a proud man repent.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 8:03am:
Spot on!  The Bible says God resist the proud and gives grace to the humble.  I have NEVER seen a proud man repent.

Well you won’t, will you?

I suspect -please tell me if I’m wrong- that “proud” means something like “foolishly and arrogantly denying God” in this context.

That (if it’s the meaning you mean) seeks not to argue, to prove, nor to even discuss the ‘Proud’ man’s beliefs; simply to rubbish and sneer at them.

No humility.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 4:30pm:
Well you won’t, will you?

I suspect -please tell me if I’m wrong- that “proud” means something like “foolishly and arrogantly denying God” in this context.

That (if it’s the meaning you mean) seeks not to argue, to prove, nor to even discuss the ‘Proud’ man’s beliefs; simply to rubbish and sneer at them.

No humility.

He paid your debt but you are saying no thank you....Think of that, he came as a humble man who served us an6d then went to the cross on our behalf.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2018 at 4:52pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 4:42pm:
He paid your debt but you are saying no thank you....Think of the, he came as a humble man who served us and then went to the cross on our behalf.

I was born in the 1960s.

What debt did I have, using human morality to answer that question?

I’ll take you back to Abraham/Isaac if you don’t play decent here Fish head!  Cool

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
If Jesus did indeed die in agony honestly believing if was for all mankind then He was truly a great man; regardless of any divinity.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 4:52pm:
I was born in the 1960s.

What debt did I have, using human morality to answer that question?

I’ll take you back to Abraham/Isaac if you don’t play decent here Fish head!  Cool

Have you ever told a lie, stolen something regardless of it's value, looked at a woman with lust?  If you have broken any of his commandments, you have broken them all...  We have already discussed this, you are a sinner in his eyes and deserving of his judgement...

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 5:00pm:
Have you ever told a lie, stolen something regardless of it's value, looked at a woman with lust?  If you have broken any of his commandments, you have broken them all...  We have already discussed this, you are a sinner in his eyes and deserving of his judgement...

Oh come on.

No deal can be made without mutual consent.

If we’re created slaves say so; if we’ve free will that included use of our brains.

You can’t impose rules half way through a game.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 5:24pm:
Oh come on.

No deal can be made without mutual consent.

If we’re created slaves say so; if we’ve free will that included use of our brains.

You can’t impose rules half way through a game.

Free will means you are giving the option to choose between right and wrong.  God gives us his law and if we break his law then we have to be punished.  Out of his own grace he pays the penalty of violating his law setting us free of his punishment IF we accept his payment, if not then we will take the punishment.  Funny how we are hesitant of taking his grace and mercy he gives to us freely.  I know you and I have had this discussion.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 6:08pm:
Free will means you are giving the option to choose between right and wrong.  God gives us his law and if we break his law then we have to be punished.  Out of his own grace he pays the penalty of violating his law setting us free of his punishment IF we accept his payment, if not then we will take the punishment.  Funny how we are hesitant of taking his grace and mercy he gives to us freely.  I know you and I have had this discussion.

At the risk of beginning a theological discussion in which I will not continue to participate, "free will" is not what most people think it is.  Theologically speaking, our "free will" became impaired at the Fall.  It is now under bondage, and remains so until one's spirit is reborn.  The spirit is what died at the fall, not the body, not the soul.  The spirit. And it remains that way until God supernaturally restores it to life. And he does that when it pleases him to do so for his own good reasons. 

The reason I will not continue to participate in any discussion that might arise is I have finally realized that such a discussion is above my pay grade.  Many years ago I developed a 13 week course I called "Reformation and the Doctrines of Grace."  I had a blast developing it, and enjoyed leading it the two times I led it.  But I realized after the second time that I was probably doing more harm than good, though one fellow did compliment me (I think it was a compliment) by saying "you know, I disagree with about 95% of what you have said this 13 week period but it has caused me to spend more time reading the Bible than I have ever spent previously."

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules