Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke? (Read 303 times)
EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke?
Reply #40 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:16pm:
So, I take it that you like the word "creator"... How do you feel about "accordion"? I think it's a nice word... Observation tells me that there is an accordion... The founders all believed in an accordion... Even the ones who didn't believe that a trumpet was like an accordion, believed in an accordion...

Sounds better doesn't it?

I see the word Creator in almost all of our founding documents.  I have yet to see the word accordion.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke?
Reply #41 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:40pm:
I see the word Creator in almost all of our founding documents.  I have yet to see the word accordion.

That's a shame! All the great men in history were great admirers of the supreme accordion. We even have deathbed conversions of people who decried the accordion all their lives!

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #42 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:48pm:
That's a shame! All the great men in history were great admirers of the supreme accordion. We even have deathbed conversions of people who decried the accordion all their lives!

I agree.  Life is not fair, and the record of the accordion is proof positive.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #43 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 4:52pm:
I agree.  Life is not fair, and the record of the accordion is proof positive.

Some people say "squeeze box" but I think it's too disrespectful.

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 5:01pm:
Some people say "squeeze box" but I think it's too disrespectful.

I do, too.  See, we agree on some things!

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #45 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 3:52pm:
That's true, but I am not sure that constitutes blasphemy.  Here's a link:

http://www.biblestudy.org/question/what-is-blasphemy.html

and here's a cut and paste of what's in that link since it's so short:

Definition of BLASPHEMY

QUESTION: What exactly is the definition of blasphemy in the Bible? Can a person accidently commit this sin? Does it automatically lead to the lake of fire?

ANSWER: The word blasphemy is mentioned fourteen times in the King James Bible. It is used only twice in the Old Testament and twelve times in the New. Two of the main Scriptures that use the word are found in the books of Matthew and Revelation. In Matthew, Christ uses the word to warn the Pharisees who accuse him of using the power of the devil to cast out demons. In Revelation, the word is used in reference to the Beast power that will soon take control of the entire world and force the worship of Satan onto all people.

31. Because of this, I say to you, every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men except the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit; that shall not be forgiven to men. 32. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this age nor in the coming age (Matthew 12:31 - 32, HBFV throughout).

1. And I stood on the sand of the sea; and I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy (Revelation 13:1, see also 13:6 and 17:3).

My understanding:  blasphemy is attributing an act of God to Satan.  It cannot be committed without malice aforethought.

Is there a sin that cannot be forgiven?

Yes, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is any sin that a person clings to by continually resisting the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. Keep in mind that there is not one specific sin that is unforgivable, such as lying, stealing or murder, but rather a perpetual hardening of the heart and willfully sinning against God and man (1 Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:15). In Acts 7:51, Stephen says the following to the Pharisees, "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.” In a nutshell the unpardonable sin is any sin that a person doesn’t want to give up, confess, or even ask forgiveness for and additionally doesn’t want to hear any more about it from the Holy Spirit.

Any sin mankind wants pardon for is forgivable. However, if we turn our backs on the voice of the Holy Spirit we begin to silence His convictions and eventually we cannot hear His convicting power. This effectively blocks the working of God in our lives because we have reached a point where we are unable to respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

Consider this illustration of the unpardonable sin. Imagine you are tired of the the Holy Spirit convicting you of a particular pet sin. You want to completely remove His promptings even though the voice is warning you of danger and lovingly trying to show you the right path. So what do you do? You begin building a theoretical brick wall to block your conviction. Each brick in the wall represents a singular time you reject the conviction of the Holy Spirit. As you continue to reject the Holy Spirit, the “voice” you hear gets softer and softer. You become more and more confident in your current pathway of life. Eventually, as you lay more and more bricks down you cannot hear the Holy Spirit anymore, thus effectively cutting off your way of repentance and therefore salvation'

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/why-blasphemy-against-holy-spirit-unpardon...

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #46 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:10pm:
Is there a sin that cannot be forgiven?

Yes, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is any sin that a person clings to by continually resisting the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. Keep in mind that there is not one specific sin that is unforgivable, such as lying, stealing or murder, but rather a perpetual hardening of the heart and willfully sinning against God and man (1 Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:15). In Acts 7:51, Stephen says the following to the Pharisees, "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.” In a nutshell the unpardonable sin is any sin that a person doesn’t want to give up, confess, or even ask forgiveness for and additionally doesn’t want to hear any more about it from the Holy Spirit.

Any sin mankind wants pardon for is forgivable. However, if we turn our backs on the voice of the Holy Spirit we begin to silence His convictions and eventually we cannot hear His convicting power. This effectively blocks the working of God in our lives because we have reached a point where we are unable to respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

Consider this illustration of the unpardonable sin. Imagine you are tired of the the Holy Spirit convicting you of a particular pet sin. You want to completely remove His promptings even though the voice is warning you of danger and lovingly trying to show you the right path. So what do you do? You begin building a theoretical brick wall to block your conviction. Each brick in the wall represents a singular time you reject the conviction of the Holy Spirit. As you continue to reject the Holy Spirit, the “voice” you hear gets softer and softer. You become more and more confident in your current pathway of life. Eventually, as you lay more and more bricks down you cannot hear the Holy Spirit anymore, thus effectively cutting off your way of repentance and therefore salvation'

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/why-blasphemy-against-holy-spirit-unpardon...

I'll let it go.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #47 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:13pm:
I'll let it go.

Let what go!?  What you stated was not blaspheming the Holy Spirit.  The author gave several verses to support what is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  God can forgive any sin but that specific sin regarding the Holy Spirit.  From your own link, which basically says exactly what my link says.

Quote:
after all this and receiving the spirit a person with full knowledge REJECTS God and commits blasphemy (has contempt for the spirit within them), her or she then becomes one of His adversaries (like the devil). Someone who does this has no hope of forgiveness, as they now refuse to repent of their sins and change. The apostle Paul explains this further.

26 For there is no longer any sacrifice that will take away sins if we purposely go on sinning after the truth has been made known to us (Hebrews 10:26)
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:30pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #48 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:23pm:
Let what go!?  What you stated was not blaspheming the Holy Spirit.  The author gave several verses to support what is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  God can forgive any sin but that specific sin regarding the Holy Spirit.  From your own link, which basically says exactly what my link says.

The discussion.  The point.   I yield, IOW.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Historical Differences In The Accounts Of Jesus Birth according to Matthew/Luke?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules