Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › To Deal with Leftists, Imagine You’re Confronting Satan
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) To Deal with Leftists, Imagine You’re Confronting Satan (Read 307 times)
Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: To Deal with Leftists, Imagine You’re Confronting Satan
Reply #10 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
So...

Abortion is not killing...not even killing a potential human being.
Allegations of sexual assault committed by a republican man are sufficient to be regarded as truth.
Social justice is justice for all, but of course, it is not. True justice does not need the modifier "social."
Black lives matter is not discriminatory.
Safe spaces are only for certain groups.
Diversity is a strength for all, except diversity of ideas or thought.
Mobs are not mobs, but mere protests for those on the left
white privilege exists
Free speech exists for the left, but not for others...otherwise, it's hate speech.
micro-aggression exists.
Racism is not a 2-way street. Supposedly, it can only be manifested by those who have power---inherently, the white society.

liberalism has proven itself to be anything but liberal and tolerant of others' ideas.
I'm reasonably sure there are more examples, but the Left's ability to control the language is commendable, despite its disingenuous efforts to achieve its ends at any cost is not is not laudable.

So, there is a battle going on...call it good vs. evil, left vs. right, or by whatever term one wants to use. It transcends intellectual understanding or even discussion; rather, it must be discerned with one's heart and spirit known as the inner man. Just know that elections have consequences, and these differences exist and will likely always exist.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 9:08am:
How long did it take you to figure that out?

LOL.

He's a stu_pid prick.

It's a lesson learned anew every day.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #12 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Jiminy Cricket wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
So...

Abortion is not killing...not even killing a potential human being.
Allegations of sexual assault committed by a republican man are sufficient to be regarded as truth.
Social justice is justice for all, but of course, it is not. True justice does not need the modifier "social."
Black lives matter is not discriminatory.
Safe spaces are only for certain groups.
Diversity is a strength for all, except diversity of ideas or thought.
Mobs are not mobs, but mere protests for those on the left
white privilege exists
Free speech exists for the left, but not for others...otherwise, it's hate speech.
micro-aggression exists.
Racism is not a 2-way street. Supposedly, it can only be manifested by those who have power---inherently, the white society.

liberalism has proven itself to be anything but liberal and tolerant of others' ideas.
I'm reasonably sure there are more examples, but the Left's ability to control the language is commendable, despite its disingenuous efforts to achieve its ends at any cost is not is not laudable.

So, there is a battle going on...call it good vs. evil, left vs. right, or by whatever term one wants to use. It transcends intellectual understanding or even discussion; rather, it must be discerned with one's heart and spirit known as the inner man. Just know that elections have consequences, and these differences exist and will likely always exist.

There are such a thing as people who are liberal but don't hold to the above viewpoints.

Not everyone left of the dial is a pinko commie.

It's this good vs evil shtick that we have to move beyond.

There are deplorable views on the far left just as there are on the far right. Should we let the loons define liberalism and conservatism?

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 12:50pm:
There are such a thing as people who are liberal but don't hold to the above viewpoints.

Not everyone left of the dial is a pinko commie.

It's this good vs evil shtick that we have to move beyond.

There are deplorable views on the far left just as there are on the far right. Should we let the loons define liberalism and conservatism?

It's not that 'the loons' are defining either camp; in this case, the camp is being defined by a classic bigot with limited educational attainment and intellect in ways that make him feel good.

The labeling is much more common now than in the past and is becoming the norm.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #14 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 12:59pm:
It's not that 'the loons' are defining either camp; in this case, the camp is being defined by a classic bigot with limited educational attainment and intellect in ways that make him feel good.

The labeling is much more common now than in the past and is becoming the norm.

I hear ya but Stu is not alone. I would argue his point of view is in ascendance today. How many view their political enemies with contempt? It seems ever more popular on both sides of the isle.

Finding sensible moderate people who understand both sides have something to offer is getting increasingly difficult.

To be a centrist is to be a radical. It's a fringe view.

It's almost like we're all Stu now.

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #15 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 1:06pm:
I hear ya but Stu is not alone. I would argue his point of view is in ascendance today. How many view their political enemies with contempt? It seems ever more popular on both sides of the isle.

Finding sensible moderate people who understand both sides have something to offer is getting increasingly difficult.

To be a centrist is to be a radical. It's a fringe view.

It's almost like we're all Stu now.

Yeah, .. Obama LYINGLY sold himself off as a ''centrist'', but, .. he is/was NO centrist of any kind. WE GET THAT, .. you LEFTISTS refuse to see!
   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #16 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 1:27pm:

Yeah, .. Obama LYINGLY sold himself off as a ''centrist'', but, .. he is/was NO centrist of any kind. WE GET THAT, .. you LEFTISTS refuse to see!
   Roll Eyes

How can I read this response as anything other than whataboutism?

And when did I become an Obama supporter? Or a leftist?

I'd delete your post and start over, if I were you.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #17 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
When you're way out in right field, everyone looks like a leftist.  Right Stu?

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #18 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:39am:
OP offers a horribly deplorable message.

You're not fighting against evil, or Satan. You're having a disagreement with people about what the good life looks like and how to achieve it. Sensible people can disagree about that without anyone being evil.

Both the far left and the far right want their followers thinking they are battling evil. In the face of evil there is no reason to stop and think. There is no reason to be polite or thoughtful. There is no reason to look for compromise. And it sells well to the rabble.

But it's toxic for social cooperation. There is nothing positive going to follow from making a mortal enemy of half your neighbors. It's fine to disagree but let's avoid demonizing people.

We're adults. Let's act like it.

"Disagreement", my ass. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana was shot in 2017 by someone with advanced TDS - was that "disagreement"?  Hordes of libfascists pound on the doors of the supreme court because they didn't get another leftwing judge.  The lib media is a 24/7 anti-Trump defamation machine.  There's now no question that libs in the Deep State worked to undermine the Trump administration.  Remember the dumb slut who got a photo of her holding a severed Trump head, a la ISIS?  The central park play of Trump getting assassinated as Julius Ceasar?  The black-clothed, masked lib fascists shutting down conservative speakers repeatedly on university campuses? "Disagreement"???

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #19 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:17pm:
"Disagreement", my ass. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana was shot in 2017 by someone with advanced TDS - was that "disagreement"?  Hordes of libfascists pound on the doors of the supreme court because they didn't get another leftwing judge.  The lib media is a 24/7 anti-Trump defamation machine.  There's now no question that libs in the Deep State worked to undermine the Trump administration.  Remember the dumb slut who got a photo of her holding a severed Trump head, a la ISIS?  The central park play of Trump getting assassinated as Julius Ceasar?  The black-clothed, masked lib fascists shutting down conservative speakers repeatedly on university campuses? "Disagreement"???

I'm not excusing any of that but I also won't tar the entire left by the actions of a subset. There are rational people on the left. There are crazy people on the left. Same with the right.

Let's not reduce our opposition to a caricature of itself.

For two can play this game. We could talk about the anti-abortion activists who murder people. Or the white supremacist in Charlotte who killed a protestor with his car. Or how about the crying Nazi?

Face it, Pat. Neither side has a monopoly on craziness or violence. It's a bi-partisan problem. Partisanship brings out the worst in us, left and right.

LNF is a monument to this maxim.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › To Deal with Leftists, Imagine You’re Confronting Satan

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules