Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › To Deal with Leftists, Imagine You’re Confronting Satan
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) To Deal with Leftists, Imagine You’re Confronting Satan (Read 378 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: To Deal with Leftists, Imagine You’re Confronting Satan
Reply #20 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
I'm not excusing any of that but I also won't tar the entire left by the actions of a subset. There are rational people on the left. There are crazy people on the left. Same with the right.

Let's not reduce our opposition to a caricature of itself.

For two can play this game. We could talk about the anti-abortion activists who murder people. Or the white supremacist in Charlotte who killed a protestor with his car. Or how about the crying Nazi?

Face it, Pat. Neither side has a monopoly on craziness or violence. It's a bi-partisan problem. Partisanship brings out the worst in us, left and right.

LNF is a monument to this maxim.

Abortionists KILL OVER 600,000 HUMAN BEINGS A YEAR.  Liberals fight more fiercely for preserving that holocaust than any of their projects  - more than promoting their illegal alien invasion, more than their attempts at health care takeover, more than their support for racist anti-white discrimination.

If none of this is EVIL, then for you, evil doesn't exist.  But it DOES exist.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #21 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:46pm:
Abortionists KILL OVER 600,000 HUMAN BEINGS A YEAR.  Liberals fight more fiercely for preserving that holocaust than any of their projects  - more than promoting their illegal alien invasion, more than their attempts at health care takeover, more than their support for racist anti-white discrimination.

If none of this is EVIL, then for you, evil doesn't exist.  But it DOES exist.

Well the way you put it, it sounds awful.

But in actual reality, women choose to this. They are not passive in this situation. We don't have a bunch of doctors and medical personnel running around killing babies for the thrill of it.

I'm no fan of abortion but it would be a mistake to think this is a simple issue with a simple answer. It certainly is a mistake to paint pro-choice folks as evil.

But as long as we are talking about death- how about all those wars of choice that both the left and right support? Is that evil too?

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #22 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Coal pollution kills people.  They know it kills people, yet they lobby every year to deregulate, so they can emit more.  Are the power companies "evil"?

As for abortions, the best way to reduce them is to make birth control cheap and easy to get.  Everywhere, globally.  Any pro-lifer who ducks away from that is not shooting straight.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
Coal pollution kills people.  They know it kills people, yet they lobby every year to deregulate, so they can emit more.  Are the power companies "evil"?

As for abortions, the best way to reduce them is to make birth control cheap and easy to get.  Everywhere, globally.  Any pro-lifer who ducks away from that is not shooting straight.

You’re wasting your time seeking consistency in Conservatives; there is no moral guide just a series of often arbitrary tribal totems.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #24 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm:

Indeed. We can all play the outrage game.

I was about the bring up the war on drugs which has often found support among the right. What death and destruction has that misguided policy caused?

It would be easy to demonize.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #25 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:08pm:
You’re wasting your time seeking consistency in Conservatives; there is no moral guide just a series of often arbitrary tribal totems.

Not all conservatives. There are thoughtful conservatives.

Just like there are people such as Stu and Pat on the left.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #26 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 2:52pm:
Well the way you put it, it sounds awful.

"The way I put it"?  There's a pleasant way to describe the Abortion Holocaust??

Quote:
But in actual reality, women choose to this.   They are not passive in this situation.

They do it because nearly half a century of brainwashing by the lib establishment has convinced them it's of no more consequence than clipping their toe nails.

Quote:
We don't have a bunch of doctors and medical personnel running around killing babies for the thrill of it.

They do it because there's big money in the death industry.  What is your take on Nazi concentration guards?  Hey, it's an unpleasant job, but somebody has to do it.

Quote:
I'm no fan of abortion but it would be a mistake to think this is a simple issue with a simple answer. It certainly is a mistake to paint pro-choice folks as evil.

To a feminazi, it IS a simple issue - the only bad abortion is the one that doesn't happen.  As I said, if the people who snuff out the lives of 600,000 humans a year aren't evil, then there's no evil.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #27 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:49pm:
"The way I put it"?  There's a pleasant way to describe the Abortion Holocaust??

No, I am saying you're mischaracterizing what is happening. The holocaust language is a great example.

Quote:
They do it because nearly half a century of brainwashing by the lib establishment has convinced them it's of no more consequence than clipping their toe nails.

Regardless, they're choosing to do it for one reason or another.

Quote:
They do it because there's big money in the death industry.  What is your take on Nazi concentration guards?  Hey, it's an unpleasant job, but somebody has to do it.

No, that's a bad read.

As far as Nazi's go I'm an anarchist. I don't think wearing a badge covers you for harming others or violating their rights. I've made that argument on these boards 1000 times.
Quote:
To a feminazi, it IS a simple issue - the only bad abortion is the one that doesn't happen. 
That's reducing your opposition to a caricature.

Quote:
As I said, if the people who snuff out the lives of 600,000 humans a year aren't evil, then there's no evil.

That's not a real good way to accurately describe what is happening here.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #28 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 3:58pm:
No, I am saying you're mischaracterizing what is happening. The holocaust language is a great example.

Dictionary:

Quote:
hol·o·caust

/ˈhäləˌkôst,ˈhōləˌkôst/

noun

noun: holocaust; plural noun: holocausts

destruction or slaughter on a mass scale

Quote:
Regardless, they're choosing to do it for one reason or another.

What does that have to do with whether or not it's evil?

Quote:
No, that's a bad read.

You absurdly said doctors don't participate in the Holocaust for the thrill of it, as if that exculpated them from evil.

Quote:
That's not a real good way to accurately describe what is happening here.

What's a real good way to describe the massive destruction of lives, unparalleled in all of human history?

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #29 - Oct 11th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Oct 11th, 2018 at 4:08pm:
Dictionary:

Yes, that's exactly what I am talking about. Using the words "holocaust" or suggesting that "abortionists kill x numbers a year" mischaracterizes the situation. You make it sound like some evil authority is forcing people at gun point to have an abortion, ya know, the way people are forced into concentration camps or ovens at gun point.

We need to remember that individuals are choosing this for various reasons. We're not dealing with a bunch of evil doctors running around aborting the pregnancies of unsuspecting women.

We can talk about strategies for reducing and ending abortions but demonizing people is not going to help us get there.
Quote:
What does that have to do with whether or not it's evil?

It invalidates the claim that there is some evil force guiding this as per some plan or policy. It introduces individual circumstances, preferences, and context.

You want to rip the whole thing out of context and put it into a wholly different context, one described by reference to atrocity, holocaust and genocide.

That's great red meat for firing up the base but it's not a terribly realistic way to view the world.

Just like viewing left leaning people as a monolithic evil to be opposed is not realistic. These are feel-good stories we tell ourselves to reinforce our biases and prejudices.
Quote:
You absurdly said doctors don't participate in the Holocaust for the thrill of it, as if that exculpated them from evil.

I'm simply trying to introduce a little realism into the discussion.

Quote:
What's a real good way to describe the massive destruction of lives, unparalleled in all of human history?

That's poor math. More people were killed in the meat grinder that was the early part of the 20th century.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › To Deal with Leftists, Imagine You’re Confronting Satan

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules