Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Official LNF election results thread!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Official LNF election results thread! (Read 404 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: Official LNF election results thread!
Reply #10 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 9:45pm:
"Democrats will retake control of the House of Representatives, Fox News projects."

https://www.foxnews.com/midterms-2018/live-blog?fbclid=IwAR02ybL-ozdADXFTZ1uluoP...

Yep. FoxNews says the dems have an 83% chance of taking the House, while the repubs have a 69% chance of keeping the Senate.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 9:55pm:
Yep. FoxNews says the dems have an 83% chance of taking the House, while the repubs have a 69% chance of keeping the Senate.

Resist and do not concede victory for the Dems!!!!!Do not recognize their victories! Have re-counts and investigations into results for years!!!!

Resist!!!!!

As the Wicked Witch of the West said....."I'm melting, melting! What a world, what a world."

Anyway, that's what the democrat snowflakes taught us how to behave."

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
6 years after Sam Brownback tried his trickle down tax cuts experiment in Kansas, a Democratic candidate is now expected to take over.

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Jiminy Cricket wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:04pm:
Resist and do not concede victory for the Dems!!!!!Do not recognize their victories! Have re-counts and investigations into results for years!!!!

Resist!!!!!

As the Wicked Witch of the West said....."I'm melting, melting! What a world, what a world."

Anyway, that's what the democrat snowflakes taught us how to behave."

Meltdown alert.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #14 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Although I am obviously disappointed in the repubs losing the House, I'm a bit confused as to how much it will affect the Trump agenda. Just controlling the House means very little, since the repubs still have the Senate. And anything the House passes could be vetoed by Trump.

As I understand it, if the House wants to impeach Trump, it would still take 2/3 of the Senate to approve it, and that's not going to happen.

It just seems that there will be more gridlock, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. (The less Congress does, the better.) Honestly, Trump has been unable to pass a lot of his agenda through Congress, anyway.

I'm by no means an expert, obviously. I will leave it toi the TLs, Berts, Vypers, Rabbits, Demos, Lomesises, PLs, Maestros, Josies, A-Moms, etc. to give their assessment.

IP Logged

AmericanMom
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:20pm:
Although I am obviously disappointed in the repubs losing the House, I'm a bit confused as to how much it will affect the Trump agenda. Just controlling the House means very little, since the repubs still have the Senate. And anything the House passes could be vetoed by Trump.

As I understand it, if the House wants to impeach Trump, it would still take 2/3 of the Senate to approve it, and that's not going to happen.

It just seems that there will be more gridlock, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. (The less Congress does, the better.) Honestly, Trump has been unable to pass a lot of his agenda through Congress, anyway.

I'm by no means an expert, obviously. I will leave it toi the TLs, Berts, Vypers, Rabbits, Demos, Lomesises, PLs, Maestros, Josies, A-Moms, etc. to give their assessment.

I'm not confident enough in my assessment in understanding the powers each house holds, but if I remember correctly the house has the power of investigations. They also hold the purse stings.

What it means is alot of the investigations now underway would be done and they can shift to investigating whomever they choose including the President.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #16 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
AmericanMom wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
What it means is alot of the investigations now underway would be done and they can shift to investigating whomever they choose including the President.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I just hope they don't choose Nancy Pelosi to be their speaker.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #17 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:46pm
Print Post  

Jasmine wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:20pm:

Matters in terms of budgets (since all appropriations bills must originate in the House). So funding for "the wall," etc. would all be affected.

Quote:

The House has the power of impeachment. Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton were both impeached by the House; however, they were not removed from office, which is the Senate's function (after a President has been impeached).

Quote:
The less Congress does, the better.

I'd argue the opposite actually. One of the results of Congress doing nothing as a result of gridlock has been further expansions of executive power.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #18 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:46pm:
I'd argue the opposite actually. One of the results of Congress doing nothing as a result of gridlock has been further expansions of executive power.

How is this possible? Wouldn't Congress have to approve expanding the power of the President?

Thanks for your expertise, Demos. Smiley

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 11:09pm
Print Post  

Jasmine wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 10:53pm:
How is this possible? Wouldn't Congress have to approve expanding the power of the President?

It means more/continued use of executive orders (which Congress can actually overturn, but again, if they're deadlocked, they can't/won't).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Official LNF election results thread!

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules