Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The big winner last night ...
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The big winner last night ... (Read 721 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

The big winner last night ...
Nov 7th, 2018 at 9:33am
Print Post  
The big winner last night...

Pollsters. The polls were for the most part dead on with the election results last night.

Second biggest winner? Donald Trump. If anyone disagrees I can expand on why I think that. But it shouldn't pass unnoticed that the Trump wing of the Trumplican party just got purified and a hell of a lot stronger. The Trumplican wing of the House just got a hell of a lot more unified through a purging of moderate and establishment candidates.   And I think Trump's chances of re election went from about 97% to 110% certainty.

Third? I would say Beto. He didn't win. But he set himself up to be a major player and kingmaker. He helped deliver Republican held House seats in Texas to the Democrats. Not just helped, but it could be argued if not for him they wouldn't have even been in contention.

Waaaaay down on the list. So far down that it just doesn't even matter but will be claimed as a victory (and how you can tell Trump was the second biggest winner and this wasn't a great night for Democrats) ... gay candidates. Muslim candidates. Native American candidates. Women candidates. That shit does not matter at all. But I bet is the focus of all conversation for people on the left when they're not talking about Trump's tax returns or impeachment.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: The big winner last night ...
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 10:20am
Print Post  
The Big winner is the American people.  Now we have the Democrats running the house again.  People who know how to legislate. For 8 years under Obama, all the republicans know how to do is investigate.  When they got a chance to legislate, they were way too stupid to even repeal the ACA in which all they talked about and ran on for years.  Now the democrats control a legislative branch and we can go back to legislating.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

THE DEMS WON THE HOUSE!
HA HA HA!

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
LOL.

Todt may have won a couple three more seats in the Senate. He lost something like 35 seats in the House... and 13 seats are still in flux. Current House majority for the Dems is 222 to 209. If the contested districts are split evenly, then you'd see the Dems up to 228, which is a more comfortable majority.

But now Todt is threatening retaliation if the House Dems decide to use their constitutional power to investigate his dubious operation. I'm not sure there is a more blatant symptom of a guilty conscience than that move. Todt threw down the gauntlet; I hope Pelosi and the Dems pick it up and figuratively slap him across his face.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Wallyanna Bullish for America
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:58pm:
LOL.

Todt may have won a couple three more seats in the Senate. He lost something like 35 seats in the House... and 13 seats are still in flux. Current House majority for the Dems is 222 to 209. If the contested districts are split evenly, then you'd see the Dems up to 228, which is a more comfortable majority.

But now Todt is threatening retaliation if the House Dems decide to use their constitutional power to investigate his dubious operation. I'm not sure there is a more blatant symptom of a guilty conscience than that move. Todt threw down the gauntlet; I hope Pelosi and the Dems pick it up and figuratively slap him across his face.

I'm listening to Speaker elect Pelosi right now and I think you may be very disappointed if you think she is going to not work with President Trump and intends to remain as the Leader of a Resistance Movement.  Unlike Trump, she only made a statement and took no questions.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Wallyanna Bullish for America wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:04pm:
I'm listening to Speaker elect Pelosi right now and I think you may be very disappointed if you think she is going to not work with President Trump and intends to remain as the Leader of a Resistance Movement.  Unlike Trump, she only made a statement and took no questions.

Huh

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Wallyanna Bullish for America
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:04pm:
Huh

Yes, we will see.  Actions speak far louder than words.  A whole lot of Conservatives didn't like Newt Gingrich teaming up with President Clinton and giving him a massive win and all the credit for his signing into law the GOP House Contract with America.  Conservatives hated President Clinton taking all the credit for their work and the Speaker patting him on the back and giving him all the credit!  Democrats still brag about the prosperity of the CLinton years and forget that it was the fact that he "triangulated" and passed the Republican's plan.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Trump’s administration will now be under constant investigation and subpoena and he’s one of the big winners of the night? What a crock of Trumpist bullshit.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Good post q. Don’t let the partisan hacks posting detail your insightful comments and thoughts.

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:29pm:
Good post q. Don’t let the partisan hacks posting detail your insightful comments and thoughts.

Please, tell us all about Trump being a big winner last night.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
Trump’s administration will now be under constant investigation and subpoena and he’s one of the big winners of the night? What a crock of Trumpist bullshit.

There's one good thing about that.  Up to now, democrats have waged a massive campaign of trump obstructionism.  Now, if they go nuts with "investigations" and impeachment, they will be in effect obstructing themselves, with no attention left for their usual tax and spend agenda.   Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The big winner last night ...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules