Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The big winner last night ...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The big winner last night ... (Read 715 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: The big winner last night ...
Reply #30 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 9:33am:
The big winner last night...

Pollsters. The polls were for the most part dead on with the election results last night.

Second biggest winner? Donald Trump. If anyone disagrees I can expand on why I think that. But it shouldn't pass unnoticed that the Trump wing of the Trumplican party just got purified and a hell of a lot stronger. The Trumplican wing of the House just got a hell of a lot more unified through a purging of moderate and establishment candidates.   And I think Trump's chances of re election went from about 97% to 110% certainty.

Third? I would say Beto. He didn't win. But he set himself up to be a major player and kingmaker. He helped deliver Republican held House seats in Texas to the Democrats. Not just helped, but it could be argued if not for him they wouldn't have even been in contention.

Waaaaay down on the list. So far down that it just doesn't even matter but will be claimed as a victory (and how you can tell Trump was the second biggest winner and this wasn't a great night for Democrats) ... gay candidates. Muslim candidates. Native American candidates. Women candidates. That shit does not matter at all. But I bet is the focus of all conversation for people on the left when they're not talking about Trump's tax returns or impeachment.

Queshank

I see you haven't lost your ability to bend over for the trumpsters.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #31 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:58pm:
LOL.

Todt may have won a couple three more seats in the Senate. He lost something like 35 seats in the House... and 13 seats are still in flux. Current House majority for the Dems is 222 to 209. If the contested districts are split evenly, then you'd see the Dems up to 228, which is a more comfortable majority.

But now Todt is threatening retaliation if the House Dems decide to use their constitutional power to investigate his dubious operation. I'm not sure there is a more blatant symptom of a guilty conscience than that move. Todt threw down the gauntlet; I hope Pelosi and the Dems pick it up and figuratively slap him across his face.

Do you know how many seats lost under Obama's first term?  Here is a hint, far more then Trump.

President Barack Obama is about to do what no president has done in the past 50 years: Have two horrible, terrible, awful midterm elections in a row. 

In fact, Obama is likely to have the worst midterm numbers of any two-term president going back to Democrat Harry S. Truman. 

Truman lost a total of 83 House seats during his two midterms (55 seats in 1946 and 28 seats in 1950), while Republican Dwight Eisenhower lost a combined 66 House seats in the 1954 and 1958 midterms. ..

https://www.rollcall.com/news/obama-poised-to-set-new-midterm-loss-record
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:34pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:27pm:
Do you know how many seats lost under Obama's first term?  Here is a hint, far more then Trump.

President Barack Obama is about to do what no president has done in the past 50 years: Have two horrible, terrible, awful midterm elections in a row. 

In fact, Obama is likely to have the worst midterm numbers of any two-term president going back to Democrat Harry S. Truman. 

Truman lost a total of 83 House seats during his two midterms (55 seats in 1946 and 28 seats in 1950), while Republican Dwight Eisenhower lost a combined 66 House seats in the 1954 and 1958 midterms. ..

https://www.rollcall.com/news/obama-poised-to-set-new-midterm-loss-record

Grin You're so desperate that you need articles from four years ago to get a small measure of solace.

FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #33 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:43pm:
Grin You're so desperate that you need articles from four years ago to get a small measure of solace.

Does that make the article less factual?

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:43pm:

I am desperate for stating a fact?  You always make the most foolish remarks that never really give you a winning argument.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:46pm:
I am desperate for stating a fact?  You always make the most foolish remarks that never really give you a winning argument.

You're desperate and foolish for not admitting that your messiah lost that one.

FC,

Queshank

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:45pm:
Does that make the article less factual?

It makes it irrelevant.

FC,

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Wallyanna Bullish for America wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 2:13pm:
Yes, we will see.  Actions speak far louder than words.  A whole lot of Conservatives didn't like Newt Gingrich teaming up with President Clinton and giving him a massive win and all the credit for his signing into law the GOP House Contract with America.  Conservatives hated President Clinton taking all the credit for their work and the Speaker patting him on the back and giving him all the credit!  Democrats still brag about the prosperity of the CLinton years and forget that it was the fact that he "triangulated" and passed the Republican's plan.

What that was called was good old fashion compromise.  The GOP made sure that would not happen under Obama

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Wallyanna Bullish for America
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #38 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:24pm:
What that was called was good old fashion compromise.  The GOP made sure that would not happen under Obama

You need to stop living in the past and viewing what's happening today through your biased  view of perceived wrongs.  It's really not a healthy way to live.  It may cause ulcers.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
HuhBowHunter wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:47pm:
You're desperate and foolish for not admitting that your messiah lost that one.

I stated the obvious before the election.  Trump loses the House but retains the Senate.  Tell me something, which of the two can confirm a Supreme Court nominee?  Ponder that, as you know, that is a lasting legacy.  Your blue wave turned into a nothing burger.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The big winner last night ...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules