Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why Do You Suppose?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Why Do You Suppose? (Read 65 times)
Luther
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Why Do You Suppose?
Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:52am
Print Post  

That the 2018 midterm elections outcome did NOT reflect the economy, low unemployment and Repub Tax reform?

« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2018 at 6:03am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Why Do You Suppose?
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Arguably it did. Didn’t obama lose over 60 seats. Trump lost 27 I think the number was. In general a pres during mid terms loses seats. This was not a severe turn. Certainly at 27 or so seats.

That said, I think people on either side are pretty entrenched in their opinion of trump. Probably much like Obama. They are both polarizing for different reasons.

It’s far more emotion than it is data based. Plus trumpnhas the vast weight of the mainstream media against him. Like one big natibtrump as every day.

I’m shocked he didn’t lose far more seats and the senate just based on the media campaign against him.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 6:22am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 6:14am:
Arguably it did. Didn’t obama lose over 60 seats. Trump lost 27 I think the number was. In general a pres during mid terms loses seats. This was not a severe turn. Certainly at 27 or so seats.

That said, I think people on either side are pretty entrenched in their opinion of trump. Probably much like Obama. They are both polarizing for different reasons.

It’s far more emotion than it is data based. Plus trumpnhas the vast weight of the mainstream media against him. Like one big natibtrump as every day.

I’m shocked he didn’t lose far more seats and the senate just based on the media campaign against him.

Quote:
Arguably it did. Didn’t obama lose over 60 seats. Trump lost 27 I think the number was

Obama admin was during the recovery of the GREAT RECESSION(inherited)

The economy now is booming, there is low unemployment and supposed tax reform. Let us not forget minorities are suppose to support Trump more  Wink

Quote:
This was not a severe turn

Regaining power in the house for Dems is a severe turn Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:52am:
That the 2018 midterm elections outcome did NOT reflect the economy, low unemployment and Repub Tax reform?

It's a fair question.

I think there is merit to petep's response as well. It seems historically that after a new president is elected, the opposition party gains 30 seats in the house and 4 seats in the Senate (on average). Probably because losing a presidential election fires up the opposition for a couple of years?

I think the anti-Trump hysteria plays a factor as well. I mean, I know people hated Obama on the right. But I've never seen an opposition so virulent and so hysterical and so popular with regards to a president in my lifetime as it concerns the current narcissist-in-chief.

In this sense, I think it's fair to say that the results of the mid-terms are actually pretty tame, despite the "booming economy" (which I believe is artificial, and has been since 2008, fueled primarily by debt accumulation).

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 7:00am:
It's a fair question.

I think there is merit to petep's response as well. It seems historically that after a new president is elected, the opposition party gains 30 seats in the house and 4 seats in the Senate (on average). Probably because losing a presidential election fires up the opposition for a couple of years?

I think the anti-Trump hysteria plays a factor as well. I mean, I know people hated Obama on the right. But I've never seen an opposition so virulent and so hysterical and so popular with regards to a president in my lifetime as it concerns the current narcissist-in-chief.

In this sense, I think it's fair to say that the results of the mid-terms are actually pretty tame, despite the "booming economy" (which I believe is artificial, and has been since 2008, fueled primarily by debt accumulation).

Quote:

Trump is suppose to be something different, a non- politician etc... 

Did these past party admins in the past that have lost Gov's have such low unemployment, great economy and suppose more minority support?

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 7:46am
Print Post  
I’m with rabbit on this one. I’d give credit to trump for companies using their built up cash and begin investing again in cap ex. But I don’t give him lots of for the economy in general as I did not obama. With out debt levels accumulating since Bush’s last two years you’d expect to see 7-10 percent growth. It’s like living high on the hog off a credit card and thinking life is good.

Plus, as a trump supporter I’d give him a d on cutting govts waste and vastly reducing useless agencies. In other areas he has been great - mexico, Canada n Korea, Iran, Mata as examples.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 7:12am:
Trump is suppose to be something different, a non- politician etc... 

This isn't for me. My whole thing is that he's not something vastly different. The state continues on as it has before.

His demeanor and personal behaviors are different, and that is exposing a lot of interesting things. But really, policy-wise, I'm not seeing the huge differences that have excited some on the right and made much of the left into hysterical lunatics.

Luther wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 7:12am:
Did these past party admins in the past that have lost Gov's have such low unemployment, great economy and suppose more minority support?

I don't think employment levels have actually changed that much. Sure, crooked government numbers have changed a lot, but in terms of actual employed people as a percentage of the population? The LFPR? Not really all that different.

I think the economy is an illusion fueled by debt.

I don't know what your point is, I suppose. I guess it's to take a shot at Trump, which ok. Go ahead. Perhaps I don't belong in this thread.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why Do You Suppose?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules