Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › overview of "this Russia thing"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) overview of "this Russia thing" (Read 550 times)
Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Re: overview of "this Russia thing"
Reply #50 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 11:35am:

Grin

The Donald wasn't allowed to play with his friends!

jus_cogens2 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 2:41pm:
This is a good rundown (except it doesn't note that Carter Page has been on the radar of the intel community for some time, which made it a concern when he became connected to the campaign; and there was the change in the GOP platform at the convention in Russia's favor re: Ukraine).

But I think the most important thing to keep in mind is the overall context in which all of this has been occurring.

These are the top 2 key judgements from the DNI's report on Russia's election meddling in 2016, emphasis mine:

This is important because at the end of the day, at least for those of us that actually care about this country, our values, and our preeminent role in the world, this is not about Trump. This is about defending against, and making Russia pay for its actions to undermine us and the global rules and relationships that we've built over the past 70 years. And to the extent that Trump or anyone around him, wittingly or unwittingly, contributed to the significant escalation against us described in that bolded part above, then we should get to the bottom of it, and hold anyone responsible accountable. Since Russia's actions in 2016 were just a continuation of their efforts to undermine and weaken us, this is not just about the 2016 election. It's about figuring out the ways in which Russia had been successful in its most ambitious intelligence operation in modern Russian history and ensuring that they can't do it again.

Also, hello! I used to post under the name jus cogens here way back when every discussion was the Iraq war.

Great post and welcome back!

I remember the handle. The tone and point of your post reinforced that remembrance.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

REDACTED

Reply #51 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 4:39pm:
But your girl Hillary has, as well a Bill the perv.

Flung enough poo yet?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #52 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 3:19pm:
His staff has been looked at closely.  Care to show me otherwise?  I am open for correction to my remarks, are you?  Seems that we only debate to prove how right we are or how wrong the other person is rather then an actual discussion about the facts we do have to openly discuss.

From what I read there are 4 or so people on his team that either have no affiliation or it is not publicly available.

Plus of course Mueller is a Republican.

So how does that equate to all the people on his team are Dem's when the info isn't even available for the whole team?

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #53 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 7:13am
Print Post  

Quote:
used to post under the name jus cogens here way back when every discussion was the Iraq war.

And what have you learned?

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › overview of "this Russia thing"

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules