Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll (Read 516 times)
Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Re: Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll
Reply #20 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 1:23pm:
Not quite what they were doing but as usual a bit of an overreach on your part.  Internal Revenue Service (IRS) revealed that it had selected political groups applying for tax-exempt status for intensive scrutiny based on their names or political themes. This led to wide condemnation of the agency and triggered several investigations, including a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal probe ordered by United States Attorney General Eric Holder

Yea.. That's the one that had you whining like a little girl ..   BUT did you know?

Meet the group the IRS actually denied:

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll
Reply #21 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
If Trump has nothing to hide, why is he so steadfast on refusing to release them after originally promising during the campaign that he would publicly release them?

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #22 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Indeed.  He lied when he promised to release them.  That only adds to the urgency.  What is he hiding?

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #23 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 9:30am:
So, if you and Jasmine and Bert were to have your way, Al Capone would still be lording over Chicago and the entire midwest until his natural death. His reign of terror over law-abiding citizens would have gone unchecked. Nice.

And he was prevented from doing all of this because congress publicly released his tax returns?

forgotten centrist wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:10pm:
Indeed.  He lied when he promised to release them.  That only adds to the urgency.  What is he hiding?

If I were to bet, I say he is hiding a level of income much lower than the image he tries to portray.

What do you think he is hiding?  Keeping in mind that whatever it is, the IRS either missed it or is unconcerned with it.

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #24 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:19pm:
And he was prevented from doing all of this because congress publicly released his tax returns?

If I were to bet, I say he is hiding a level of income much lower than the image he tries to portray.

What do you think he is hiding?  Keeping in mind that whatever it is, the IRS either missed it or is unconcerned with it.

Confirmation of various past/present business connections with Russia/Saudi Arabia and how it might be influencing international policy would be a great start.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #25 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:24pm:
Confirmation of various past/present business connections with Russia/Saudi Arabia and how it might be influencing international policy would be a great start.

And how would his personal returns confirm that?

Most likely his return would simply itemize the income from all the various private pass through organizations he has set up with numbers pulled off of the K-1s.  The return would have zero information about what those companies are doing.  Basically just the names.  And I'm guess they aren't organized with names like "Doing Business With Russia, LLC" and "My Saudi Money Laundering Business, LLC".  Knowing what we know about him they are probably various iterations of his last name or initials for the most part.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #26 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
If there were truly nothing to be learned from his tax forms, he wouldn't be so keen on hiding them.

If the *only* thing that would be revealed is that his income is significantly lower than he claims, it would mean he misrepresented himself.  He campaigned on his self-declared identity as a successful billionaire.

I don't think he has done anything distinctly illegal from a tax perspective, otherwise the IRS would presumably have caught him.  (Though with their funding being cut drastically, maybe they aren't really looking.)

Rather, as others have pointed out, his forms would reveal whom he is doing business with, where his money is coming from, and whose favor he is actively trying to curry.  This is the whole point of having candidates publish their forms -- not to prove that they haven't broken any tax laws, but to shine a light on any conflicts of interest.

If, as seems likely, he has extensive business ties with Russia and Saudi Arabia, it would explain his bizarre behavior toward those two countries.

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #27 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
I think he should choose to do it.

He should only be forced to do it if a law is created that does not simply single out Trump but applies to the President, the House, the Senate, and the Supreme Court.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Paul Hadrian and his Stones
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #28 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Since everyone on the left here believes Trump is hiding something the question that should be asked is "how did the IRS miss it all these years?".

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #29 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
He will never choose to do it.  He never intended to follow through with his promises.

But congressional democrats will soon get them.  Here's hoping there's a leak.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules