Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll (Read 522 times)
Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Re: Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll
Reply #40 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
I think he should choose to do it.

He should only be forced to do it if a law is created that does not simply single out Trump but applies to the President, the House, the Senate, and the Supreme Court.

Agreed.

A mandatory financial background check should be a vetting requirement to hold any high ranking, publicly elected federal office. Don't want to show your shady dealings? Don't run for public office.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Waking in a Wally Wonderland
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll
Reply #41 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:20am:
Agreed.

A mandatory financial background check should be a vetting requirement to hold any high ranking, publicly elected federal office. Don't want to show your shady dealings? Don't run for public office.

Personal tax returns are confidential for a variety of purposes having nothing to do with "shady dealings".  The more income one has means the more complicated one's taxes become.  A CPA once asked me. "Do you know what the difference between avoiding taxes and evading taxes is?"  I said "No" what is the difference?  He said "twenty years"!  Wink  It is up to the IRS and lawyers and courts to sort out what is not legal and what is allowable.  It is not something that the media and mob rule is properly suited to render judgement on.  Do you want your tax forms printed on the internet for the world to see?

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #42 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Waking in a Wally Wonderland wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:29am:
Personal tax returns are confidential for a variety of purposes having nothing to do with "shady dealings".  The more income one has means the more complicated one's taxes become.  A CPA once asked me. "Do you know what the difference between avoiding taxes and evading taxes is?"  I said "No" what is the difference?  He said "twenty years"!  Wink  It is up to the IRS and lawyers and courts to sort out what is not legal and what is allowable.  It is not something that the media and mob rule is properly suited to render judgement on.  Do you want your tax forms printed on the internet for the world to see?

I'm not running for public office.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #43 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Tax returns don't show "shady dealings."

Are there really people out there who think criminals report their criminal activity to the IRS?

lol

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Waking in a Wally Wonderland
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #44 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:38am:
I'm not running for public office.

I was being facetious about posting your taxes for the world to see, so others could do with them as they will.  It was simply to attempt to have you consider what this proposal really means.  There is no law requiring anyone "running for public office" to provide this confidential tax information.  I doubt that any such requirement would be constitutional, even assuming it could ever become law.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #45 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:41am:

Are there really people out there who think criminals report their criminal activity to the IRS?

lol

Queshank

Valid criticism.

I guess I just want a better vetting system for presidential candidates. Having their tax returns made public gives the media and political opposition the opportunity to look for dirt and if there's any there, a better chance of finding it. I'm assuming the government itself does background checks, but that's gotten quite politicized: ref WIRE TAP!!!FISA!!!DEEP STATE!!!

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #46 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
For those saying releasing tax records isn’t a legal matter: Can I get the law that required Obama to publicly release his birth certificate that Trump harped on about for several years?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Paul Hadrian and his Stones
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #47 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 4:08pm
Print Post  

lol

Queshank

Line 42:Did you launder or hide any of your income over the past fiscal year?

Trump is toast

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #48 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  

lol

Queshank

Well, the IRS website does say, "Income from illegal activities, such as money from dealing illegal drugs, must be included in your income on Form 1040, line 21, or on Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040) if from your self-employment activity."

LINK

I'm sure everyone declares that income too!

“And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us!’’
IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #49 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
Valid criticism.

I guess I just want a better vetting system for presidential candidates. Having their tax returns made public gives the media and political opposition the opportunity to look for dirt and if there's any there, a better chance of finding it. I'm assuming the government itself does background checks, but that's gotten quite politicized: ref WIRE TAP!!!FISA!!!DEEP STATE!!!

And I think we already have the best vetting system available.  The ballot box. 

At least with birtherism there was a valid underlying concern.  One of the only requirements for the presidency is being a natural born citizen.  So attempts at conflating a tax return with birtherism kind of fall flat.  It doesn't matter how crappity smacking stupid, partisan and borderline racist the insinuations that a black man wasn't born in this country were, at least there's a Constitutional justification for asking the question.

Not so much with tax returns.

I'm not fond of leftists falling in line with this idea that someone elected to the presidency needs to be of noble stock.  Groomed since infancy for rulership.  I really don't think there's anything more anti American than when I hear people say "We need to fix the system so a Trump can't happen again."  What they're saying is "We need to make sure the American people don't really have a say in their leadership."

I grew up in a family of tax accountants.  For ten years I worked as a tax accountant, for two of them as the managing partner of the family firm.

I have never once looked at a presidential candidate's tax return.  About 8 people in the country will even know what the damn thing says.  And 4 of them will spin from a Democratic angle and the other 4 from a Republican angle.  A tax return shows you less than nothing.  I mean exactly what information do you think you can glean from a K1 passthru reported as passive income flowing to page 1 of a return?  You think you're going to learn something from 500 of them?  lol

What this "Show your tax return or else" bullshit guarantees is whoever we have as president will never have actually worked or done or accomplished anything in their lives.  How the hell is that an appropriate leader for the United States? 

Are we really that hungry for a Prince Charles and Princess Diana of our own?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Majority of Americans believe House Dems should release Trump's tax returns: poll

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules