Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Are those on the left the biggest racists
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Are those on the left the biggest racists (Read 470 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Are those on the left the biggest racists
Reply #40 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:56pm:
Of course not.

But you seem to think so. In one breath you agree that you can be pro-choice and anti-abortion, and in the next you demonstrate that you actually believe that "anti-abortion" people are "other" from you; a separate, dishonest group.

When the premise is dishonest you are not going to get someone to engage in honest debate.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #41 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 12:20pm:
so let me ask you this - is "pro-choice" simply a self ascribed euphanism developed by the "pro-abortion" folks - like say, handgun control inc or everytown for gun safety?

No, I don't believe so. It accurately conveys their position of opposition to the criminalization of abortion.

Quote:
is there a "pro-abortion" group...or do they all fall under the pro-choice moniker?

I couldn't say. There may be some crazy individuals out there- nihilists or misanthropes- but I doubt there numbers are significant.

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #42 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 2:44pm:
I keep reading these threads with leftist/Marxist themes. The inherent belief seems to be that some are just “anointed” with special gifts that enable them to become wealthy, and on that “given not earned” basis those who achieve success must give a great share of it to others.

Presumably out of some “moral greater than ourselves” framework - but it seems most on the left don’t believe in a higher “god”

So are they simply racist -  believing some are just inherently better than others

All of this "who is the worse group of human beings, the Left or the Right" nonsense is tiring.

Which one were the Nazis a part of? Which one is more racist? Which one is more sexist? Which one? Which one? Which one? HOW ELSE AM I GOING TO PROVE THAT I'M A SUPERIOR HUMAN BEING UNLESS I PROVE THAT THE LABEL THAT I APPLY TO MYSELF IS APPLIED TO BETTER PEOPLE THAN THE LABEL YOU APPLY TO YOURSELF?!?!?!

No, "the Left" aren't "the biggest racists" and I will be the first to admit I used to agree with that sentiment. Neither is "the Right." The terms Left, Right and racist don't even have objective, agreed-upon meanings half the time anyway. They can be useful terms for speaking in general about different policies or strategies, but beyond that, I wouldn't put too much stock in what they say about people.

If you think a policy is a bad one, demonstrate why. Leave all this "which party has the better people" stuff alone. 
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2018 at 5:16pm by Maestro »  

“And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us!’’
IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #43 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Well said, Maestro. These attempts to dehumanize our political opponents are getting pretty silly.

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 4:48pm:
All of this "who is the worse group of human beings, the Left or the Right" nonsense is tiring.

Which one were the Nazis a part of? Which one is more racist? Which one is more sexist? Which one? Which one? Which one? HOW ELSE AM I GOING TO PROVE THAT I'M A SUPERIOR HUMAN BEING UNLESS I PROVE THAT THE LABEL THAT I APPLY TO MYSELF IS APPLIED TO BETTER PEOPLE THAN THE LABEL YOU APPLY TO YOURSELF?!?!?!

No, "the Left" aren't "the biggest racists" and I will be the first to admit I used to agree with that sentiment. Neither is "the Right." The terms Left, Right and racist don't even have objective, agreed-upon meanings half the time anyway. They can be useful terms for speaking in general about different policies or strategies, but beyond that, I wouldn't put too much stock in what they say about people.

If you think a policy is a bad one, demonstrate why. Leave all this "which party has the better people" stuff alone. 

I accept your statements...to me, here is what it comes down to...As an individual, I support individual liberties, choice, freedom to travel, make my life how I want it, etc...

As I study human history, I find common themes...if I look at the most repressive, brutal regimes throughout history...they have one thing in common...large, centralized gov'ts, gov't that preach they will take care of the people, gov't leaders that are critical of "the wealthy" and use that to create class warfare...

One thing that has never, ever, not once happened in human history...is a brutal dictatorship, which operated under a small decentralized gov't, preached individual liberties, the value of the family unit, preached and practiced free market competition, let the people own most of the earned income & assets...

so lets agree to drop left vs. right...and I will argue that for what I support, I'm against any leaders and people who preach for the things that have historically set up the framework for a brutal regime...

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

REDACTED

Reply #45 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Anti-abortionists are against abortion in cases of rape.

Therefore, they are pro-rape.

How does it feel to be a pro-rapist, Patrick?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #46 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 11:50pm:
Anti-abortionists are against abortion in cases of rape.

Therefore, they are pro-rape.

How does it feel to be a pro-rapist, Patrick?

Do you think there's such a thing as a racist liberal?

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

REDACTED

Reply #47 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 11:55pm:
Do you think there's such a thing as a racist liberal?

Are you pro-rapist?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #48 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
As I study human history, I find common themes...if I look at the most repressive, brutal regimes throughout history...they have one thing in common...large, centralized gov'ts,

Well, yeah, pretty much. Although the States in the Confederacy were fairly oppressive and they were fighting for a loose, weak, and very limited centralized government.

Quote:
gov't that preach they will take care of the people, gov't leaders that are critical of "the wealthy" and use that to create class warfare...

That's 20th century history. I think most oppressive governments before that pretty much thought wealth = right and would have found the idea of fighting the rich on behalf of the poor fairly ludicrous.

Quote:
One thing that has never, ever, not once happened in human history...is a brutal dictatorship, which operated under a small decentralized gov't,

Given that a dictatorship and decentralization are mutually exclusive, that's true.

Quote:
preached individual liberties, the value of the family unit, preached and practiced free market competition, let the people own most of the earned income & assets...

Plenty of dictatorships have and currently do preach the value of the family unit. As for the others, they might preach them, but you're right that they don't practice them.

Quote:
so lets agree to drop left vs. right...and I will argue that for what I support, I'm against any leaders and people who preach for the things that have historically set up the framework for a brutal regime...

Sounds good.

How do you react towards Trump declaring (some of) the press the enemy of the people? That kind of language has historically been a trademark of brutal regimes.

“And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us!’’
IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #49 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Maestro. On ur last point, trump and press. Like most trump supporters and moderates / conservatives, i don’t worship politicians and see them as always right if I vote for them. They still work for me / us and I hold them accountable

That said, trump is a showman, and prime to hyperbole. Read his book (first one) and he openly admits it. If he threw a party and 50 showed up, the next morning it’d be 200.

The press in general has become a complete joke. They are in an 17th century model and generally losses they no longer control the message as they have for centuries.

Are they the enemy. No. Not like bin laden might have been the enemy, or Hitler. Have they been caught repeatedly yellows either outright lies or spinning things dangerously close tonlies to promote an agenda. Absolutely. Nothing new. Now they just get caught all the time due to the ease of information exchange.

Perhaps if I were on the receiving end of so much deceit I may be much harsher as he has been.

But no, they are not the enemy. They’ve simply devolved into a propaganda machine. Really somewhat of a joke. Not all. But certainly the mainstream.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Are those on the left the biggest racists

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules