Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › BREXIT Dead? Apparently, the EU has a veto over the citizens of Great Britain.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) BREXIT Dead? Apparently, the EU has a veto over the citizens of Great Britain. (Read 426 times)
Waking in a Wally Wonderland
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: BREXIT Dead? Apparently, the EU has a veto over the citizens of Great Britain.
Reply #30 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Dec 6th, 2018 at 3:28pm:
The EU is extremely popular in most member states, despite its two major problems - lack of accountability/democracy, and relentless propaganda against it.

Marxism and Elite Stateism tends to offend people who don't like that sort of stuff.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: BREXIT Dead? Apparently, the EU has a veto over the citizens of Great Britain.
Reply #31 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Waking in a Wally Wonderland wrote on Dec 6th, 2018 at 4:15pm:
Marxism and Elite Stateism tends to offend people who don't like that sort of stuff.

I'm not sure how you can confuse the EU with a Marxist organisation.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #32 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Dec 6th, 2018 at 5:13pm:
I'm not sure how you can confuse the EU with a Marxist organisation.

Haven't you heard.  Green is the new Red!  All the uber Left are wearing it this year!

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Waking in a Wally Wonderland wrote on Dec 6th, 2018 at 5:26pm:
Haven't you heard.  Green is the new Red!  All the uber Left are wearing it this year!

This is no longer a serious conversation about the EU.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Dec 6th, 2018 at 9:15am:
...and that is why I, and most others who sensibly voted Remain, will accept Brexit.

You really don't have to lecture me on the mechanics of democracy Wally.

What you and others should do, though, is stop imagining that Brexit is 'the People's Will' as if everyone wants it but the evil Establishment are foiling them.

Not so.

That's how we roll here in the United States, limey.

That's democracy in action.

In 2018, less than half of our voting population bothered to get out and vote. 

Of which, a bit over half voted for Democrats.

Which means somewhere in the neighborhood of 25% of our population voted for Democrats.

That's called a blue wave in these here parts.  That's The Will of the People.  That's a "resounding repudiation of Trump."  It means "everyone" wants Trump gone.

Don't try to fight it.  Just accept it.  It's democracy.  Quit being a fascist.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Dec 6th, 2018 at 6:48pm:
That's how we roll here in the United States, limey.

That's democracy in action.

In 2018, less than half of our voting population bothered to get out and vote. 

Of which, a bit over half voted for Democrats.

Which means somewhere in the neighborhood of 25% of our population voted for Democrats.

That's called a blue wave in these here parts.  That's The Will of the People.  That's a "resounding repudiation of Trump."  It means "everyone" wants Trump gone.

Don't try to fight it.  Just accept it.  It's democracy.  Quit being a fascist.

Queshank

I refer you,  Sir, to my earlier posts.

Brexit is a stupid and possibly calamitous blunder, wreaked by foolish people for bad reasons.

And yet it has to go ahead.

Much as I'd be delighted with another chance to vote, and ecstatic if that vote reversed the idiocy, until such a vote, I'm for Brexit.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

REDACTED

Reply #36 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Royal family to be recalled to Germany under no-deal Brexit

Quote:
A leak from the offices of Her Majesty’s Attorney General has revealed an obscure clause in Theresa May’s Withdrawal Agreement with the EU that would require the return of a large part of the UK Royal Family to Germany, should the deal be rejected by parliament.

The House of Hanover was first sent to the UK on a long-term loan in 1714, a spokesman for the Brunswick-Lüneburg explained: ‘It was clearly understood at the time that the loan of the House of Hanover to the UK was a backstop measure, until the UK could establish a free monarchy of its own.  Over the centuries, the ‘royal loan’ was inherited by Germany, and now it is enshrined in EU law.’

‘Every so often, Germany has taken the trouble to enrich the British Royals with some fresh German blood.  On return to Germany, the House of Windsor name will be dropped and the Royal family will return to their true names as the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.  But the UK needn’t worry about losing its much-loved monarchy.  We have decided that we are more than happy to leave in the UK all the royals who are more than sixth in line to the throne, so it’ll be long live King Andrew and the Duchess of York!  So, who said no deal was a bad deal?”

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Hmph.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Waking in a Wally Wonderland wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 7:53am:
It looks a lot like the people of jolly old England will need the permission of the European Union if they actually are ever allowed to leave.  They will not be allowed to have separate trade deals apart from the EU and will remain subject to the laws of Europe, whatever they are now or will be in the future.  After all, the rights of citizens of the European Union who are living in Great Britain are paramount to those of the British citizens, themselves.  Great Britain has been conquered and are now only a part of the European Empire!  Poor Brits.  You allowed your Elite Aristocrats to sell your country out.  Now you will be ruled with by faceless, European Bureaucrats backed by the EU's International Court of Justice.  " In for a penny; in for a pound! "  Merkel & Macron have accomplished what Adolph Hitler dreamed of but could not!  England is conquered!

Yeah, remind me: What was the civil war about? Roll Eyes

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #39 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 8:47am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 5:48am:
Yeah, remind me: What was the civil war about? Roll Eyes

Yeah, long before our country " settled" our political difference through a civil war, Euopean and British history demonstrates that civil war has a very long history as the means of "settling" political differences, when the ruling political class fail to manage it effectively.  Roll Eyes

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › BREXIT Dead? Apparently, the EU has a veto over the citizens of Great Britain.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules