Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A Good (Black) Man with a gun shot dead by a Good (White) man with a gun
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A Good (Black) Man with a gun shot dead by a Good (White) man with a gun (Read 234 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

A Good (Black) Man with a gun shot dead by a Good (White) man with a gun
Dec 5th, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  

Quote:
21-Year-Old Killed in Alabama Mall Shot 3 Times in Back by Police: Autopsy

"There's nothing that justifies [the officer] shooting EJ as he's moving away from him. You're not a threat when you're running away," Crump continued. "If that was anybody else who shot somebody three times in the back, it would be justified that they be charged with murder."

Bradford, 21, was killed after an altercation erupted at the Riverchase Galleria Mall in Hoover, Ala., a suburb of Birmingham. Initially police applauded the "heroic" actions of the officer on the scene, who has not been publicly identified. The original police statement also blamed Bradford for the confrontation, claiming that he had whipped out a weapon and begun shooting during an incident that left two people injured.

Later the Hoover Police Department retracted that claim.

Officials said that Bradford had pulled out his own handgun, "which instantly heightened the sense of threat to approaching officers responding to the chaotic scene." But the police department also added that it was "highly unlikely" Bradford had been the one behind the attack.

The actual suspect, Erron Martez Dequan Brown, was arrested last week.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/04/673155825/alabama-police-shot-ej-bradford-from-be...

Quote:
Witnesses have said Bradford, who was licensed to carry a gun, was trying to help usher others away from the gunfire, Crump said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ej-bradford-death-hoover-alabama-officer-shot-man-m...

Strange how things seem to only work one way....

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: A Good (Black) Man with a gun shot dead by a Good (White) man with a gun
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Greg - this may be a very bad case of unfortunate circumstances...but if I'm an officer responding to a gunfire fight, and I pull up and some guy is running around with a gun...all of a sudden things become a bit more complicated...

I have never been in a gun fight...but having lived in south central LA for a couple years, I saw scores (literally about 50-75) incidents of officers having to walk up to cars and get shot at, be shot at from rival gangs in a bus gun fight, or just walking to the side of a vehicle where the people inside refuse to obey directions....in one case the officer got near the car and shots were fired at him and the car sped off...i was 50' away pumping gas, broad daylight...

anyone, and I mean anyone who has attended cc courses, knows you would never, ever, ever in a million years do what this guy was reportedly doing...

it may be a very sad story...with no obvious blame..

I'd add once living in mass, in a nice area, so you know I'm not always a fan of police, work....cops started banging really hard at my house at 3am...screaming open up...I woke, no gun with me as it was massachusetts...I was asking what it was about from inside the house, and they just kept yelling open up...I said give me your name so I can call the police dispatch to make sure its the police and they were yelling  we are coming in if you don't open up....now coming from south central, that exact technique was something gangs would use to get into a house...I'd seen it several times...

I did open the door and it was the police...they saw my garage door was open and thought maybe there was a break in...

In many other circumstances based on their lack of training or professionalism, I would understand how one of them may get shot by a homeowner...or had i acted differently, just barely, I may have been shot...

point is, they have a hard time, and they sometimes do stupid things too.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:10pm:
Greg - this may be a very bad case of unfortunate circumstances...but if I'm an officer responding to a gunfire fight, and I pull up and some guy is running around with a gun...all of a sudden things become a bit more complicated...

I have never been in a gun fight...but having lived in south central LA for a couple years, I saw scores (literally about 50-75) incidents of officers having to walk up to cars and get shot at, be shot at from rival gangs in a bus gun fight, or just walking to the side of a vehicle where the people inside refuse to obey directions....in one case the officer got near the car and shots were fired at him and the car sped off...i was 50' away pumping gas, broad daylight...

anyone, and I mean anyone who has attended cc courses, knows you would never, ever, ever in a million years do what this guy was reportedly doing...

it may be a very sad story...with no obvious blame..

I'd add once living in mass, in a nice area, so you know I'm not always a fan of police, work....cops started banging really hard at my house at 3am...screaming open up...I woke, no gun with me as it was massachusetts...I was asking what it was about from inside the house, and they just kept yelling open up...I said give me your name so I can call the police dispatch to make sure its the police and they were yelling  we are coming in if you don't open up....now coming from south central, that exact technique was something gangs would use to get into a house...I'd seen it several times...

I did open the door and it was the police...they saw my garage door was open and thought maybe there was a break in...

In many other circumstances based on their lack of training or professionalism, I would understand how one of them may get shot by a homeowner...or had i acted differently, just barely, I may have been shot...

point is, they have a hard time, and they sometimes do stupid things too.

What was he doing?

Greg

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
What was he doing?

Greg

I honestly and sincerely do not know. He may have been acting entirely appropriately...or he may have been running around with his gun out as was reported...

It is not uncommon for undercover officers to receive gunfire...especially in a city environment, with various groups operating (ie.. fbi & local police)...my father in law was an undercover vice cop in detroit...and he rec'd gunfire several times as he was on the scene, drug bust usually, another cop shows up and see a long haired scruffy looking civilian with a gun out...he'd never was hit...but could have been...

all that to say I have not studied this particular case...other than what I've read in your post and link.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
I honestly and sincerely do not know. He may have been acting entirely appropriately...or he may have been running around with his gun out as was reported...

It is not uncommon for undercover officers to receive gunfire...especially in a city environment, with various groups operating (ie.. fbi & local police)...my father in law was an undercover vice cop in detroit...and he rec'd gunfire several times as he was on the scene, drug bust usually, another cop shows up and see a long haired scruffy looking civilian with a gun out...he'd never was hit...but could have been...

all that to say I have not studied this particular case...other than what I've read in your post and link.

Well he WAS shot three times from behind.

Greg

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
There is a lot of detail missing from this story.  And maybe it is just because I haven't followed it closely.

Was the guy who was shot running, gun out, toward other people.  If so it at least makes sense that an officer could be shooting from behind the person while still seeing them as a threat to others.

I don't know if that is the case, just speculating about one possibility.

If it isn't that, I don't see many good reasons to be shooting someone moving away from people and not posing a threat.  And that would certainly leave the officer culpable.

It sounds like a lot of the blame, of course, should be on the person who started the situation.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
As a dispassionate outside observer,  it often appears that you maniacs have too many guns in too many circumstances.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:43pm:
As a dispassionate outside observer,  it often appears that you maniacs have too many guns in too many circumstances.

I'm not sure you have fully appreciated the situation.

IP Logged

Waking in a Wally Wonderland
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Dec 5th, 2018 at 6:43pm:

If you and your people still had guns, I doubt you ruling class would be quite so eager to disregard the will of the majority of the British people and sabotage Brexit.  They are our Public Servants.  Knowing that we have guns, keeps them a bit more honest,   Roll Eyes   (you guys spoke truth to power..with power in 1066, as I recall...)

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
It can be said that the officer acted prematurely and irresponsibly by shooting the fleeing armed man.

Similarly, it can be said that people are acting prematurely and irresponsibly by casting judgment on this officer. Let the investigation play out.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A Good (Black) Man with a gun shot dead by a Good (White) man with a gun

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules