Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › An expanded definition of false prophets, false prophecy and atheism
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic An expanded definition of false prophets, false prophecy and atheism (Read 533 times)
Frank1
LNF House Leader

An expanded definition of false prophets, false prophecy and atheism
Dec 14th, 2018 at 2:14am
Print Post  
I have long thought that the conventional definition of a false prophet was too narrow.  We tend to define a false prophet as someone who is an overtly religious person preaching false ideas; for example, we would all label Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, as a false prophet.

Fair enough.

But a prophet is someone who speaks about God, and a false prophet speaks falsely about God: and there is more than one way to speak falsely about God.

So for example, men like Karl Marx or Sigmund Freud, or Nietzsche or Darwin were all in a sense false prophets as they taught false ideas about God and His Creation.  In fact, men like these four have had a far more devastating effect on humanity than Joseph Smith, whose religion to this day has less than 20 million adherents worldwide.  By contrast the doctrines of the previous four have spread around the globe, bringing devastation with them wherever they go.

One can be secular and still be a false prophet if one is going around spreading false ideas like "Religion is the opiate of the masses" (Marx) or religion is a "universal obsessional neurosis" (Freud).

Basically anyone who is actively spreading false ideas that lead people away from God is a form of false prophet, whether that person is (falsely) religious like Joseph Smith and L. Ron Hubbard (founder of Scientology) or avowedly secular like Marx and Freud.

In leu of the above one could also expand the definition of atheism, of which William Stoddart says:  I use the term “atheism” in an extremely comprehensive way, and I include in it things not usually perceived as being directly atheistic, such as illogic, unimaginativeness, indifference, and complacency—all so many denials of God (and thus so many abdications of humanity) without which such absurd but successful hoaxes as evolutionism, psychologism, and marxism would never have been possible.

The 17th Century ~ The halfway point between the Middle Ages and Modernity

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Re: An expanded definition of false prophets, false prophecy and atheism
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2018 at 6:26am
Print Post  
I would define it more narrowly as those pretending to receive direct revelation from God.
The above mentioned are secular humanists fools that say there is no God. (though some claim Darwin wasn't an atheist)

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2018 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Something to ponder.  Of course there is a verse in Revelation about adding or taking away from God's word.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2018 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Great post! I agree that a false prophet has a broader definition that goes beyond the confines of the Christian faith. In the Old Testament a false prophet could be a Jew just as much as it could be a non-Jew. In the New Testament we see actual prophecies about atheism in Romans 1:18-32 & 2Pet.3:3-9.

Darwin was without a doubt a false prophet. Back in my less mature days online, when speaking about Darwin, I used to type Daar instead  Grin Even at times today I occasionally use Daar to describe him as a consort of Baal. But yet the greatest consort of Baal was Muhammad who was the most successful false prophet who ever lived, with a following approaching 2-billion people today and growing.

Muhammad broke all 10 Commandments and made doing so part of his new religion. He made up a new Jesus, a fictional one, and made up a new God, made to appeal to the Jews of Medina as YHWH, but the Jews rejected Muhammad's idolatry so Muhammad killed them and he and his followers rape all the Jewish women over and over until they were constantly raped for the remainder of their lives as sex slaves.

Muhammad elevated himself as the Jewish Messiah, making himself greater than Jesus.

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.1, Book 2, Chapter 8, hadith 15:

“Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, “None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind.”

Both Islam and atheism begin with false prophets who deceive people into worshiping false gods. A false god can be merely be worshiping one's self to worshiping famous celebrities to the worship of politics as we see in today's left. Darwin was a pantheist who believed nature made itself and that nature is God. This belief is also commonly held by Hindus where evolutionists have adopted many of their teachings from.

When we look at false prophets and see the evil they have done to the world it should reminds daily how true God is and why our Lord Jesus told us not to follow false prophets and warned us way ahead of time the outcome of their destructive message.

But how could a man 2000 years ago know so much about our future unless He were God Himself...the word made flesh.  Wink

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF House Leader

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:13am
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Dec 14th, 2018 at 8:37am:
Great post! I agree that a false prophet has a broader definition that goes beyond the confines of the Christian faith. In the Old Testament a false prophet could be a Jew just as much as it could be a non-Jew. In the New Testament we see actual prophecies about atheism in Romans 1:18-32 & 2Pet.3:3-9.

Darwin was without a doubt a false prophet. Back in my less mature days online, when speaking about Darwin, I used to type Daar instead  Grin Even at times today I occasionally use Daar to describe him as a consort of Baal. But yet the greatest consort of Baal was Muhammad who was the most successful false prophet who ever lived, with a following approaching 2-billion people today and growing.

Muhammad broke all 10 Commandments and made doing so part of his new religion. He made up a new Jesus, a fictional one, and made up a new God, made to appeal to the Jews of Medina as YHWH, but the Jews rejected Muhammad's idolatry so Muhammad killed them and he and his followers rape all the Jewish women over and over until they were constantly raped for the remainder of their lives as sex slaves.

Muhammad elevated himself as the Jewish Messiah, making himself greater than Jesus.

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.1, Book 2, Chapter 8, hadith 15:

“Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, “None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind.”

Both Islam and atheism begin with false prophets who deceive people into worshiping false gods. A false god can be merely be worshiping one's self to worshiping famous celebrities to the worship of politics as we see in today's left. Darwin was a pantheist who believed nature made itself and that nature is God. This belief is also commonly held by Hindus where evolutionists have adopted many of their teachings from.

When we look at false prophets and see the evil they have done to the world it should reminds daily how true God is and why our Lord Jesus told us not to follow false prophets and warned us way ahead of time the outcome of their destructive message.

But how could a man 2000 years ago know so much about our future unless He were God Himself...the word made flesh.  Wink

Honestly, that referring to Darwin as a false god named "Daar" is great, love it!

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF House Leader

Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:33am
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Dec 14th, 2018 at 6:26am:
I would define it more narrowly as those pretending to receive direct revelation from God.
The above mentioned are secular humanists fools that say there is no God. (though some claim Darwin wasn't an atheist)

I still think the expanded definition is valuable, as I think it helps people to be more wary and aware of evil that is around them.

For example, if people think of Sigmund Freud as a false prophet they may then begin to realize why the whole field of psychology needs to be rejected, as it is essentially the preachings of a false prophet.  Psychologism, this false religion, permeates our society, and people just don't realize its evil, perhaps partly because they don't realize that's its greatest preacher, Sigmund Freud, was a virulent atheist.  Freud wasn't just your happy-go-lucky "I don't need religion" type.  No, he hated religion with a passion.

Anyways, perhaps you see my point.

I would expand the definition of other things too, like for instance, false idols.  For instance, when teenagers plaster posters of athletes and musicians in their rooms these are false idols.  It doesn't matter that they are not overtly religious.  They are false idols in the fact that they absorb the attentions of the person to a very high degree.  Look how young girls have behaved at rock concerts for decades, for instance.  Literally getting so worked up that they faint.  That is idol worship, overtly religious or not.  Its like a modern version of a Bacchanalia.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:13am:
Honestly, that referring to Darwin as a false god named "Daar" is great, love it!

I agree, that was a good one.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:33am:
I would expand the definition of other things too, like for instance, false idols.  For instance, when teenagers plaster posters of athletes and musicians in their rooms these are false idols.  It doesn't matter that they are not overtly religious.  They are false idols in the fact that they absorb the attentions of the person to a very high degree.  Look how young girls have behaved at rock concerts for decades, for instance.  Literally getting so worked up that they faint.  That is idol worship, overtly religious or not.  Its like a modern version of a Bacchanalia.

No doubt those are idols.  They even use the term proudly competing to become the next American idols.  Sad

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF House Leader

Reply #8 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 7:47pm:
No doubt those are idols.  They even use the term proudly competing to become the next American idols.  Sad

Right, the title of "American Idol" kind of gives away the game, right?

But one fact of human nature is how easily people can become blind to an evil if everyone around them is engaged in it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › An expanded definition of false prophets, false prophecy and atheism

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules