Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Anyone else believe that what is
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Anyone else believe that what is (Read 1,092 times)
Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Anyone else believe that what is
Reply #20 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:39am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:26am:
What did your "instinct" tell you about the last Presidential election?

That Cruz would have been a better president and to avoid Hillary I should vote for Trump even though I didn't like him then and am lukewarm on him now. Actually it was Josie's plea that changed my mind about not voting for president at all.

Here's an instinct that I posted numerous times on this board as well. I said he should NOT run on insulting Congress whether it was true or not, since he needed them to get his promises fulfilled. We had three branches and no wall and it was the RINOs like McConnell who abandoned Trump not the conservatives that some wrongly label never Trumpers. Who's supporting Trump now...the conservatives. The same ones who pointed out that his budget was no better than what he bitched about under Obama.

Who's cracking in their support? The usual RINOs...Murkowski, Collins, Thune and my instinct tells me as well that as this drags on more will abandon him especially those that are up for reelection. That would be the RINO contingent.

McConnell could have gotten this done and he's staying out of it for the most part.
Always happy to share my instincts. Want another? The next president will be a Democrat (and yes I hope my instinct is wrong)

Now a question for you. If he doesn't get the wall built or only parts of it, do you think that will be enough to get him reelected and why?

IP Logged

jus_cogens2

Reply #21 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:42am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:36am:
Tell that to the Angel parents/siblings/friends who mourn for their loved ones killed by illegals.

You mean the ones telling racists like you to stop dancing the graves of their loved ones for purely political ends?

Yeah, I think they get it.

Quote:
"Do not appropriate Mollie’s soul in advancing views she believed were profoundly racist," said Rob Tibbetts, the father of slain student Mollie Tibbetts.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mollie-tibbetts-father-tells-politicians-st...

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #22 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:44am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:23am:
And yet technology can't make any arrests, capture any illegals, tase anyone, or get border agents to the area quickly.  That must be why icky-poo dems like it so much.
Ineffective for stopping anyone crossing into the U.S. illegally.

Honey .. Are you actually so dense as to imagine that the technology I'm referring to would be unmanned.. ?  Really?      

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:47am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:37am:
You have it exactly backwards.  A "wall" is what "can't make any arrests, capture any illegals, tase anyone, or get border agents to the area quickly".  Technology actually enables and supports all of these operations.

The "wall" is not to make arrests.  It is to help stop the need for making arrests.  I'm glad that you mentioned that.  I thought that everyone here was smart enough to know that.  Thanks for pointing out that they don't.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #24 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:49am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:19am:
Fake news by fc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/crime/329589-the-tru...

There should be zero crime by illegals, as they should not be here in first place.

You keep posting this blog piece.  It's flawed.  Most of the crimes it discusses are the actual illegal immigration and drug offenses.  Drug offenses are going to take place whether we have a wall or not, and most drug traffic comes via commercial shipments, not through desert mules.

It also mixes and mingles statistics about immigrants and illegal immigrants.  Whenever a blog post like this blends apples and oranges as vigorously as that, it makes it clear that it's a political diatribe, not a rational finding of facts.

It talks about rates of "criminals imprisoned", but avoids rates of crimes committed.  Why?  And it talk about the relative rates of "legal" vs. "illegal" immigrants imprisoned, but avoids rates of US citizens.  Why?

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #25 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:52am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:47am:
The "wall" is not to make arrests.  It is to help stop the need for making arrests.  I'm glad that you mentioned that.  I thought that everyone here was smart enough to know that.  Thanks for pointing out that they don't.

Are you suggesting that a wall can't be crossed, surmounted, undermined, cut through, or otherwise defeated?  A wall is only as good as the manned surveillance that accompanies it.  You have a fairy-tale like understanding of how walls work.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Look behind you!

Reply #26 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:53am
Print Post  
What has been manufactured?

I'm the man in the box..
IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:39am:
That Cruz would have been a better president and to avoid Hillary I should vote for Trump even though I didn't like him then and am lukewarm on him now. Actually it was Josie's plea that changed my mind about not voting for president at all.

Here's an instinct that I posted numerous times on this board as well. I said he should NOT run on insulting Congress whether it was true or not, since he needed them to get his promises fulfilled. We had three branches and no wall and it was the RINOs like McConnell who abandoned Trump not the conservatives that some wrongly label never Trumpers. Who's supporting Trump now...the conservatives. The same ones who pointed out that his budget was no better than what he bitched about under Obama.

Who's cracking in their support? The usual RINOs...Murkowski, Collins, Thune and my instinct tells me as well that as this drags on more will abandon him especially those that are up for reelection. That would be the RINO contingent.

McConnell could have gotten this done and he's staying out of it for the most part.
Always happy to share my instincts. Want another? The next president will be a Democrat (and yes I hope my instinct is wrong)

Now a question for you. If he doesn't get the wall built or only parts of it, do you think that will be enough to get him reelected and why?

I'm a proud RINO, and deplorable also. according to some.  All I know is that people like me were so glad to hear what Candidate Trump had to say.  We were sick and tired of all of same old politicians saying all the same things, year after year.  Candidate Trump at least saw things as we did.  None of the other candidates of the two parties even knew what we thought and never mentioned it, other than hils calling us deplorables.  Dang, that woman wasn't even a wee bit p.c., much less smart/intelligent.

You asked two questions under one heading.  If he doesn't get the wall built, I'd have to know what happened to decide if I should vote for him again.  If he gets part of it built (and the money runs out), yes, he'd still get my vote.  With all of the organized icky-poo dem blustering about the horrors of the barrier, I would realize the difficulty under which he was working and give him more time and work to defeat the ones who were standing in his way.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:04am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:52am:
Are you suggesting that a wall can't be crossed, surmounted, undermined, cut through, or otherwise defeated?  A wall is only as good as the manned surveillance that accompanies it.  You have a fairy-tale like understanding of how walls work.

Silly, silly, silly forgetful centrist.  I have never said to stop all other ways of monitoring our borders.  The barrier is just another tool, an important one, in maintaining our national border security.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:07am
Print Post  
jus_cogens2 wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:42am:
You mean the ones telling racists like you to stop dancing the graves of their loved ones for purely political ends?

Yeah, I think they get it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mollie-tibbetts-father-tells-politicians-st...

I will not say anything negative about Molli and/or her family.  However, I would like to know why you think that I'm a racist.  What have I said or done to make you believe that?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Anyone else believe that what is

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules