Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › trump denying FEMA funds to CA...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) trump denying FEMA funds to CA... (Read 1,015 times)
Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: trump denying FEMA funds to CA...
Reply #10 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:03am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:58am:
Trump had no such retribution for Texas, which does everything possible to avoid zoning floodplains.  Indeed, they are rebuilding in the same areas FEMA bailed them out of.  But Trump loves Texas, so more FEMA for Texas!

I'm leaving aside the particular details of the CA fires because I want to highlight Trump's scrupulous avoidance of process and policy.  But if it would help, I can cite how the fires were burning on federal, not state, lands, how the high winds were spreading them even across 10-lane highways, and how one of the two major fires was in a suburban area with no significant forest canopy.  Would that help?

But we are going to ignore the environmental laws that put aside common sense and allows for tragedies like this to happen.  Heck, I can recall when they denied the firefighters from pulling water out of a reservoir because of an endangered fish.   Cheesy

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Look behind you!

Reply #11 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Just keep shoveling the money! If a state was authorized more monies than they deserve with a republican administration in Washington, it would never be enough! If the Democrats were running the show, I'd imaging that the effected areas would get less than bread crumbs, but their constituency is so dependent on them that they would be grateful.

I'm the man in the box..
IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #12 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Genesee wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:46am:
Seems a reasonable response to the sucking black hole of a state it is, California.

California: fifth largest global economy, subsidises your sorry ass flyover state.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #13 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:02am:
Yet another post from Horseshit Parish .^. .

California's forest management isn't the problem

Please let me know, then what the problem is.

IP Logged

Frenchconnection
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 10:58am:
Trump had no such retribution for Texas, which does everything possible to avoid zoning floodplains.  Indeed, they are rebuilding in the same areas FEMA bailed them out of.  But Trump loves Texas, so more FEMA for Texas!

I'm leaving aside the particular details of the CA fires because I want to highlight Trump's scrupulous avoidance of process and policy.  But if it would help, I can cite how the fires were burning on federal, not state, lands, how the high winds were spreading them even across 10-lane highways, and how one of the two major fires was in a suburban area with no significant forest canopy.  Would that help?

Answer the question:   do you still give your kid an allowance if you know that they are buying crack?

Because it's just a clever, pithy saying based on comedy show talking points shortcutting logic and reason and making the issue worse. ~ Queshank

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Look behind you!

Reply #15 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:09am:
California: fifth largest global economy, subsidises your sorry ass flyover state.

Global economy? WTH? This is the USA, Jack!

I'm the man in the box..
IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #16 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:14am
Print Post  
The environmental laws are not what turned these fires into disasters, as someone else linked earlier in this thread.  But putting that aside, you are avoiding the naked partisan-driven inconsistency.

Trump wants to punish CA by withholding disaster funds, because in his mind (not driven by policy debate, science, or anything) CA was foolish.  Trump wants to help TX by fully sponsoring disaster funds because in his mind (ignoring how zoning laws made the flood damage far worse) TX deserves as much help as we can give.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #17 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:09am:

Then what do they need money from the federal government for?

They should be looking to secede. They can unburden themselves from the flyover states and become a true shining light of wealthy progressivism.

Wadsworth wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
We are talking about this government, aren't we?  If we were any other kind of government like China or NK, we would not even be having this discussion because you would not even be allowed to own a gun. 

Vypr wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 8:25am:
By all accounts Syria was somewhat calm.

IP Logged

Frenchconnection
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:26am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:14am:
The environmental laws are not what turned these fires into disasters, as someone else linked earlier in this thread.  But putting that aside, you are avoiding the naked partisan-driven inconsistency.

Trump wants to punish CA by withholding disaster funds, because in his mind (not driven by policy debate, science, or anything) CA was foolish.  Trump wants to help TX by fully sponsoring disaster funds because in his mind (ignoring how zoning laws made the flood damage far worse) TX deserves as much help as we can give.

Answer the question:   do you still give your kid an allowance if you know that they are buying crack?

Because it's just a clever, pithy saying based on comedy show talking points shortcutting logic and reason and making the issue worse. ~ Queshank

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Look behind you!

Reply #19 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:28am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:14am:

Yes, let's put aside the obvious.  Roll Eyes Tongue

Quote:

OMFG, you whinny little asswipe. Trump wants to punish California.  Cry Cry Cry

I'm the man in the box..
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › trump denying FEMA funds to CA...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog