Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Kushner reaches out to Congress on shutdown, 'DACA for the wall' deal gains steam
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Kushner reaches out to Congress on shutdown, 'DACA for the wall' deal gains steam (Read 246 times)
Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Kushner reaches out to Congress on shutdown, 'DACA for the wall' deal gains steam
Jan 10th, 2019 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Kushner reaches out to Congress on shutdown, 'DACA for the wall' deal gains steam

As the government shutdown drags on, senior White House adviser Jared Kushner is having discussions with members of Congress from both sides of the aisle about a potential path forward. A Republican Senate staffer confirmed Kushner reached out to their office and added that a “DACA for the wall” deal was part of the conversation.

The outreach comes as some lawmakers have focused on the idea of a shutdown solution that would involve some form of reinstatement of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program in exchange for President Trump’s desired border security funding.

FULL:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/kushner-reaches-congress-shutdown-daca-wall-gains-ste...

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Kushner reaches out to Congress on shutdown, 'DACA for the wall' deal gains steam
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
That was mentioned back at the start as a potential for solving the stand-off and I thinks somewhere this morning I mentioned it as well when I said they weren't going anywhere anyway.

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

LAYING THE SMACKDOWN ON
LIBERALS CANDY ASSES

Re: Kushner reaches out to Congress on shutdown, 'DACA for the wall' deal gains steam
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 2:38pm:
That was mentioned back at the start as a potential for solving the stand-off and I thinks somewhere this morning I mentioned it as well when I said they weren't going anywhere anyway.
it lets both sides say they won.

I'M HERE TO KICK ASS AND DRINK WHISKEY AND LIBERALS I'M ALL OUT OF WHISKEY

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure the democrats can claim a "win" out of that.  Trump is the one who shut DACA down.  It's like saying a kidnapping victim can say they "won" when their ransom is paid and they are freed.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 2:56pm:
it lets both sides say they won.

Yep and I think that is how this ultimately is going to be resolved. The drawback is that if Trump only gets his 5.7 he's going to fall far short of what is needed. He'd better sharpen up those deal making skills because he really has... in some respects backed himself into a corner. 5.7 is a start but it's going to cost far more and if he has to go back again and fight for more...he'll never get it.

Having said that, We don't need a full wall. So if he utilizes what he gets, all can claim a victory.  Replace parts, step up technology, increase border patrol, build enough new wall to create choke points and problem resolved...at least politically. Wink

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:01pm:
I'm not sure the democrats can claim a "win" out of that.  Trump is the one who shut DACA down.  It's like saying a kidnapping victim can say they "won" when their ransom is paid and they are freed.

Maybe not but I think it's all they will get. Trump really has little to lose since I suspect no matter his rhetoric,  he knows getting reelected isn't going to be a cakewalk. So if he wants to be remembered for something that in his eyes is positive, he may roll the dice and see what happens.

On the other hand he does have quite the ego so I'm not so sure he will see his chances of reelection as being diminished.

He won states he wasn't expected to and combined with the lousy campaign Hillary ran, he pulled off an upset. Not sure that will happen again.

While I've seen those long lists of accomplishments, and not to downplay them, none make much difference to the voters he's going to need. Take the tax cut. Sure for some it was a windfall. For me, made no difference. It certainly wouldn't make me vote for him based on that alone in 2020 if I was wavering...which as of now I am not. The names tossed around as potential 2020 nominees are just far left loons. Biden probably has the best chance to give Trump a run for his money and could win. The question is will the far left accept him as a nominee.

On the other side, I could see Romney challenging Trump and losing the general elections again if he managed to get the nomination.

Interesting times, indeed.

IP Logged

Frenchconnection
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:01pm:

Spoken like a true leftist partisan.

Trump shut it down because it was fu*king illegal, Obama even admitted that much.  If there were ever a president that follows the law, Trump is far more Constitutional than that di*k sucking empty suit before him. 

DACA was illegal for Oblunder to do, Trump is offering to make it legal.

Now go back to your Pelosi worship.

Because it's just a clever, pithy saying based on comedy show talking points shortcutting logic and reason and making the issue worse. ~ Queshank

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Frenchconnection wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:23pm:
Spoken like a true leftist partisan.

Trump shut it down because it was fu*king illegal, Obama even admitted that much.  If there were ever a president that follows the law, Trump is far more Constitutional than that di*k sucking empty suit before him. 

DACA was illegal for Oblunder to do, Trump is offering to make it legal.

Now go back to your Pelosi worship.

So we have you on record as opposing DACA, even if Trump restores it?  Obama was wrong to do it, so Trump would be wrong to do it too, right?

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Frenchconnection
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:28pm:
So we have you on record as opposing DACA, even if Trump restores it?  Obama was wrong to do it, so Trump would be wrong to do it too, right?

You have me on record as saying that every person here illegally should go back to their own country and apply like the rest do.  I don't believe in DACA, but if Trump is going to use it to get the wall, then I'll go with it.

I was a one issue voter, other than the issue that Hillary was on the ticket.

Because it's just a clever, pithy saying based on comedy show talking points shortcutting logic and reason and making the issue worse. ~ Queshank

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Frenchconnection wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:00pm:
I was a one issue voter, 

You say that as if you think you're capable of holding two thoughts in your head at once..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Kushner reaches out to Congress on shutdown, 'DACA for the wall' deal gains steam

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules