Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump Has Said Mexico Will Pay for the Border Wall at Least 20 Times Since 2015
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump Has Said Mexico Will Pay for the Border Wall at Least 20 Times Since 2015 (Read 1,026 times)
Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Trump Has Said Mexico Will Pay for the Border Wall at Least 20 Times Since 2015
Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Trump Has Said Mexico Will Pay for the Border Wall at Least 20 Times Since 2015

President Donald Trump has repeated the campaign rallying cry that Mexico will pay for a border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border since at least 2015.

Earlier this week in a meeting with Democratic leaders Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, Trump claimed that he would “shut down the government” on Dec. 21 over border security if Congress does not approve $5 billion in funding for a border wall.

Following his heated demands, the president defaulted to his talking point that Mexico will pay for the wall, in a tweet on Thursday morning. Trump pointed to a new USMCA deal between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada and said, “MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!”

The president has made the claim on Twitter, in interviews, and at press conferences and campaign rallies at least 20 times since April 2015.

In April 2015, he said on Twitter that the U.S. would build the border wall and “deduct costs from Mexican foreign aid.” Just days later, he made the same demand in a tweet, while also peddling a false story about ISIS operating training camps near El Paso, Texas.

During his presidential announcement speech on June 16, 2015, Trump said, “I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall.” Trump has fired up his supporters with the anti-immigrant talking point at a number of campaign rallies and in the press since then.

In August 2015, the Trump campaign released its position on immigration reform. Part of the platform was titled, “Make Mexico Pay For The Wall.” During an appearance with CBS’s Face the Nation, Trump doubled down on that policy, and said, “And, by the way, Mexico will pay for it. It’s going to be a great wall,” he added, because “I know how to build.”

In a tweet in January 2016, Trump praised political commentator Ann Coulter—who has platformed white nationalist talking points to her audience—and again said Mexico would pay for the wall.

Months later, in September he tweeted a clip from a campaign rally in Phoenix during which he again said Mexico would pay for a border wall. Within just a few hours, Trump tweeted about the border wall a second time.

In February 2016, he told supporters at a campaign rally in Florida that the “wall just got 10 feet higher” after the former Mexican president said the country would not pay for the wall.

He made the claim during a MSNBC town hall in March 2016. During a Republican retreat in January 2017 in Philadelphia, days after taking office, Trump said the U.S. “will generate revenue from Mexico that will pay for the wall.” He said the same during a joint press conference with the President Sauli Niinistö of Finland in August 2017.

In January 2018, the president told the Wall Street Journal that Mexico would pay for the wall. Earlier this year, the president told his supporters the same at a campaign rally in Nashville.

etc.

etc.

etc.

FULL:
http://fortune.com/2018/12/13/trump-mexico-border-wall/

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: Trump Has Said Mexico Will Pay for the Border Wall at Least 20 Times Since 2015
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
This is indisputable. For Trump to deny ever saying it is just ludicrous.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Never Been Walkered
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Funky Claude From Montreux

Re: Trump Has Said Mexico Will Pay for the Border Wall at Least 20 Times Since 2015
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:09pm:
This is indisputable. For Trump to deny ever saying it is just ludicrous.

I'm glad he is though, It's driving them insane.

IP Logged

Phillip3
LNF Senior Staffer5

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
With Fluffers like Bert around, Trump will always have sheep to fool.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Never Been Walkered wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:10pm:
I'm glad he is though, It's driving them insane.

If he's doing this to troll his detractors, I think that's funny and great.

But if he's doing it because he actually thinks people will believe him, I'd be worried.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Phillip3 wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:14pm:
With Fluffers like Bert around, Trump will always have sheep to fool.

Lukewarm bAnal Bert is exactly the partisan he accuses everyone else of being.

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

Never Been Walkered
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:15pm:
If he's doing this to troll his detractors, I think that's funny and great.

But if he's doing it because he actually thinks people will believe him, I'd be worried.

Well people like him live in bubbles so he probably thinks he can get away with it.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Never Been Walkered wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:22pm:
Well people like him live in bubbles so he probably thinks he can get away with it.

That's insane. But then again, a lot of politicians, Hollywood-types and business execs are the same way. Good point.

IP Logged

Never Been Walkered
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:30pm:
That's insane. But then again, a lot of politicians, Hollywood-types and business execs are the same way. Good point.

Obama was the exact same way. They won't admit it because Obama is considered a god.

Trump lived in his billionaire bubble in NY and the politicians and media live in the liberal DC bubble.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Didn't he say today he didn't say that...  Exactly...  Something about him not getting a check from them.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump Has Said Mexico Will Pay for the Border Wall at Least 20 Times Since 2015

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules