Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › $20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) $20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded (Read 571 times)
Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

$20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded
Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
LOL

$20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded

GoFundMe said Friday that it would refund $20 million raised by more than 300,000 donors for President Trump's border wall after an account aiming to raise $1 billion for the wall changed part of its campaign.

Brian Kolfage, the veteran who created the account last month, originally pledged that “every single penny” would be refunded if the original goal had not been met. He updated the page on Friday, saying that the federal government would not be able to accept the $20 million soon.

While Kolfage said money donated to the original campaign would go to the government to fund a border wall, he wrote Friday that he has since formed a nonprofit corporation in Florida named “We Build the Wall, Inc.” to receive the GoFundMe contributions.

“We are better equipped than our own government to use the donated funds to build an actual wall on the southern border,” Kolfage wrote. “Our highly experienced team is highly confident that we can complete significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications.”

The page now states that the funds raised will be used “in the execution of our mission and purpose” for his new created nonprofit.

“To honor the commitment, we made to our donors; all funds raised, less the processing fees and refunds, will be transferred to a special purpose account to carry out the purposes and mission of We Build the Wall, Inc.,” Kolfage wrote. “I will personally not take a penny of compensation from these donations.”

Since the original intent of the campaign’s promise has changed, GoFundMe said in a statement that the more than 337,000 people who donated will receive a refund.

“When the campaign was created, the campaign organizer specifically stated on the campaign page, ‘If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny,’ ” GoFundMe spokesperson Bobby Whithorne told The Hill on Friday. “He also stated on the campaign page, ‘100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. If for ANY reason we don't reach our goal we will refund your donation.’ ”

“However, that did not happen. This means all donors will receive a refund,” Whithorne continued. “If a donor does not want a refund, and they want their donation to go to the new organization, they must proactively elect to redirect their donation to that organization. If they do not take that step, they will automatically receive a full refund.”

FULL:
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424976-20-million-raised-in-gofundme...

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF House Leader

of the Inquisition

Re: $20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
What a f**kin' scam.

Oh, my! The govt can't actually take the money so I will just redirect to my new non-profit!

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Hey Q and CC.  Lemme know if you get your money back.

Greg  Tongue

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:38pm:
What a f**kin' scam.

Oh, my! The govt can't actually take the money so I will just redirect to my new non-profit!

I was wondering about that....

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:45pm
Print Post  

Everyone knew this was what was going to happen some time ago.  There is no mechanism where a citizen can force the government to use money donated to the general fund on a specific program.  Earmarking is the territory of Congress.

What did you think was going to happen?  Is that what's behind your venomous zealotry on this issue?  You thought this money was actually going to go to the wall?

lol

Why did you think I made a point of stressing that I had spent more on my lunch that day than the $20 I donated to gofundme?

I'm not a tightass who won't support projects like leftists are.  Have you helped Flint get water yet?  Helped out Planned Parenthood yet?  Put your money where your mouth is on ... well ... ANYTHING yet as you look down your nose at people who do?

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
BTW he's going to run afoul of Gofundme's rules Wink  He's going to have some problems handling this.

This was also known and discussed on the boards ... but you overlooked it in your haste to try to minimize the biggest crowdfunded public project in history.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Boris the Spider
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Funky Claude From Montreux

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
I can't figure out why people are mocking this effort?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Boris the Spider wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:47pm:
I can't figure out why people are mocking this effort?

Because they're turds.

And they want the entire world to know they're turds.  They go out of the way to shove their turds in other people's faces.

And this is the tendency that had me immediately predicting Trump's re election as soon as the predictions of Trump's election based on the exact same principle were realized.

People don't like it when other people shove their turds in their faces under the header of things like "valid opinions."  Trump's election has turned the turd pushers into turd shovelers.

Damn it was fun typing turd more times in one post than I've ever typed in my life.

Queshank

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF House Leader

of the Inquisition

Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:56pm:
Because they're turds.

And they want the entire world to know they're turds.  They go out of the way to shove their turds in other people's faces.

And this is the tendency that had me immediately predicting Trump's re election as soon as the predictions of Trump's election based on the exact same principle were realized.

People don't like it when other people shove their turds in their faces under the header of things like "valid opinions."  Trump's election has turned the turd pushers into turd shovelers.

Damn it was fun typing turd more times in one post than I've ever typed in my life.

Queshank

ROFLMAO! Someone's bitter!  Roll Eyes

Your pet project was scam. What salary do you think Kolfage was going to pay himself from his new non-profit to manage it all?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 6:03pm:
ROFLMAO! Someone's bitter!  Roll Eyes

Your pet project was scam. What salary do you think Kolfage was going to pay himself from his new non-profit to manage it all?

Oh I imagine a whole lot of people will bump their donation to his new pet project.  And I imagine he'll pay himself just like the directors of other charities.  Handsomely.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › $20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules