Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump is terrified of the far-right echo chamber
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trump is terrified of the far-right echo chamber (Read 100 times)
Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Trump is terrified of the far-right echo chamber
Jan 11th, 2019 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Trump is terrified of the far-right echo chamber

The government isn’t shut down because of President Trump’s unbelievable cluelessness as a dealmaker. It’s shut down because of his many fears.

I don’t mean his pretend fears. Surely Trump doesn’t really believe his own racist nonsense about the U.S.-Mexico border being a sieve for homicidal maniacs and walk-to-work terrorists, and he can’t be too worried about a humanitarian crisis that is largely of his own creation. I’m talking about his real fears — the ones that must keep him up at night.

Trump is afraid of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Matt Drudge, Laura Ingraham and the rest of the far-right echo chamber. (He sees Sean Hannity as more of a house pet.) He’s afraid of his shrunken but loyal base, which could abandon him if he doesn’t give them a wall. He’s afraid of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and the federal, state and local prosecutors in New York who are investigating various Trump enterprises. And he’s afraid of losing his coercive hold over the Republican senators who one day could sit in judgment of his fate.

Not one of these intertwined fears is irrational. Trump must realize he has painted himself into a corner but sees no alternative. According to news reports, the president knew his hostage-video Oval Office address on Tuesday and his photo op at the border on Thursday would make no difference. He must also be aware that the GOP leadership in Congress can’t hold the line forever.

To be sure, Trump has shown himself to be a clumsy and incompetent negotiator. When he reneged on the original agreement to keep the government funded through Feb. 8, he cut the legs from under anyone who claims to be negotiating for him, up to and including Vice President Pence. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) would be crazy to agree to anything at all that does not have Trump’s personal, public endorsement — and his felt-tipped signature, preferably in blood.

“You’ve got to be willing to walk away,” Trump often says when touting his alleged dealmaking prowess. And indeed that is true — in negotiations about real estate, branding rights or a reality television show. But when you are president, you can hardly walk away from your own government. When Trump tried the maneuver Wednesday — calling congressional leaders to a meeting and then ostentatiously stalking out — everyone just shrugged. He had nowhere to go.

FULL:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-terrified-of-the-far-right-echo...

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

Oh the Hypocrisy Jane
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Re: Trump is terrified of the far-right echo chamber
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Just this morning I was saying to myself "what I really need right now is to hear  Eugene Robinson's opinion"

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Yep just another Shitty diaper Washington compost Fake news and lies post.

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Oh the Hypocrisy Jane wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 6:29pm:
Just this morning I was saying to myself "what I really need right now is to hear  Eugene Robinson's opinion"

Eugene Robinson is a lot like Paul Krugman, except without the pretend economic ignorance.

IP Logged

KSU_Aviator
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

Red pots for jammies

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Vypr sure knows a lot about what Trump is thinking.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 8:28pm
Print Post  

No deal is possible with the leftwing on the illegal alien invasion.  The libbies know they have no future, having alienated many people, including traditional constituencies,  with their failed policies, and their only hope for survival is to import tens of millions of more Mexican and central American peasants.

IP Logged

Oh the Hypocrisy Jane
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
KSU_Aviator wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 7:02pm:
Vypr sure knows a lot about what Trump is thinking.

Of course he does. He has every liberal opinion writer telling him what to think.

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Oh the Hypocrisy Jane wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 8:47pm:
Of course he does. He has every liberal opinion writer telling him what to think.

I actually feel sorry for brainwashed Liberal loons like vypr Fiddler and Ulysses who can't think for themselves it's actually very sad.

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

Oh the Hypocrisy Jane
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 8:52pm:
I actually feel sorry for brainwashed Liberal loons like vypr Fiddler and Ulysses who can't think for themselves it's actually very sad.

I have always wondered why they constantly post other people's opinions. It's like wearing a big sign that reads " I have no brain of my own".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump is terrified of the far-right echo chamber

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules