Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Stumped!!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Stumped!! (Read 1,587 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Stumped!!
Reply #20 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 11:52am:
Theology is too deep for an internet forum like this.  But the answer to your question is "he is not of the elect."

An inkwell is too deep for a forum like this.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 6:25pm:
An inkwell is too deep for a forum like this.

At a superficial level,  this is all quite deep.

Go way down, though,  and it's pretty shallow.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Feb 3rd, 2019 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 6:28pm:
At a superficial level,  this is all quite deep.

Go way down, though,  and it's pretty shallow.

Your shallowness is abysmal...

FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #23 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 1st, 2019 at 6:50am:
If there is no hell, there would be no need for a Savior.

Jesus never claimed to be able to save people from Hell.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #24 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 1st, 2019 at 6:19am:
I have, you prefer to ignore them.  The verses have made it very clear why it was necessary for Jesus to die.  Without his blood covering for our sins, no one will enter heaven.  That means the other option is hell.

You can't find anything saying that all the Christian ghosts go to heaven and all the non-Christian ghosts go to hell, yet here you are trying to tell me what the Bible says my options are.

Quote:
The question I have is why would you reject his free gift paid for by the blood of his son, Jesus Christ?

Your god is a bloodthirsty torturing pervert.  I would never worship it, even if I met it face to face.  Fortunately, he doesn't exist.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
Your god is a bloodthirsty torturing pervert.  I would never worship it, even if I met it face to face.  Fortunately, he doesn't exist.

Men create their gods in their image.

FC,

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 2:27pm:
Jesus never claimed to be able to save people from Hell.

John 6:44 ESV / 4 helpful votes      
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

John 5:24 ESV / 4 helpful votes       Helpful  Not Helpful
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

John 3:36 ESV / 4 helpful votes      
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 1:13 ESV / 4 helpful votes      
Who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 1:12 ESV / 4 helpful votes      
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
You can't find anything saying that all the Christian ghosts go to heaven and all the non-Christian ghosts go to hell, yet here you are trying to tell me what the Bible says my options are.

Yet this "blood thirsty god" came to earth in the flesh to fulfill his plan to provide you his grace and mercy.  He allowed us to strip his flesh from his body, carry a cross to the point of inability, nail him to a cross, fed him vinegar when thirsty and mocked him while he died.  To me, that is unconditional love.  He is God who had his very word to command his wrath on those who were torturing him and yet he saw his death to the very end so that you could be saved by his grace, rising on the 3rd day defeating death.  The "god" you speak of is not the God of the Bible.  You can reject him if that is your desire.  That is called free will.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 10:20am
Print Post  
"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2).

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #29 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Seawolf illustrated my point nicely.  Jesus claims to be able to save from sin and judgment but not from Hell.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Stumped!!

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules