Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Suckers!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Suckers! (Read 722 times)
Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Suckers!
Reply #30 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 1:44pm:
On the rich, not the middle class

Just so you know.
In 2016, the top 1 percent of taxpayers accounted for more income taxes paid than the bottom 90 percent combined. The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid roughly $538 billion, or 37.3 percent of all income taxes, while the bottom 90 percent paid about $440 billion, or 30.5 percent of all income taxes.Nov 13, 2018

Where is your fair share?

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #31 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:02am:
Just so you know.
In 2016, the top 1 percent of taxpayers accounted for more income taxes paid than the bottom 90 percent combined. The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid roughly $538 billion, or 37.3 percent of all income taxes, while the bottom 90 percent paid about $440 billion, or 30.5 percent of all income taxes.Nov 13, 2018

Where is your fair share?

Smiley

Just so you know.  The top 1% owns over half the wealth.  Not only in this country, but in the world

PaleoCon wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:18am:
No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

No self respecting thug would be without his sticker!

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 3:27pm:
Wadsworth. I would stop talking if I were you. Petep is right on this one.

I’m not sure how else to explain it to him. If your gross was the same one year to the next, but the amount you kept was higher in year two - take home pay plus or minus refund or owed - then your effective tax rate is lower.

This am abc interviewed a woman complaint about not being able to take vacation because her refund this year was half of last year. But she acknowledged her take home pay had increased each paycheck. She didn’t say if she had a net benefit or not. But it was clear she only looked at her refund amount as a means of determining if the new tax laws helped or harmed her financially.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #33 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Cades Cove wrote on Feb 9th, 2019 at 6:17pm:

Our system is so byzantine and f***ed up that people think their tax refund is a source of income.

The year-over-year change in the refund amount is probably not all that correlated, if at all, with net taxation.

Buddy_Love wrote on Jul 16th, 2019 at 5:17pm:
I'm fine where I am. I love America. However, you don't like America, so it's you that should leave.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:52pm:
Our system is so byzantine and f***ed up that people think their tax refund is a source of income.

The year-over-year change in the refund amount is probably not all that correlated, if at all, with net taxation.

Thank you. Then again, one would have to do a very complex math equation with a fraction to calculate effective rate. Clearly some don’t get that.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:47pm:
I’m not sure how else to explain it to him. If your gross was the same one year to the next, but the amount you kept was higher in year two - take home pay plus or minus refund or owed - then your effective tax rate is lower.

This am abc interviewed a woman complaint about not being able to take vacation because her refund this year was half of last year. But she acknowledged her take home pay had increased each paycheck. She didn’t say if she had a net benefit or not. But it was clear she only looked at her refund amount as a means of determining if the new tax laws helped or harmed her financially.

That is because what you explained is inaccurate. PL knows that.  That is why he never responded to my post .  The women you described is getting her money on the front end, not the back end.  There is no decrease in her taxes

No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

IP Logged

AmericanMom
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:52pm:

OMG.. THANK YOU!
Most people dont realize that if you are getting a refund you have given the government an interest free loan...

While we do try to have a minimal refund if any, this past year we were uncertian how the new laws would effect us so we are getting a bigger refund than normal, but Jeff's W-2 will be adjusted to fix that..

IP Logged

AmericanMom
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 6:56pm:
That is because what you explained is inaccurate. PL knows that.  That is why he never responded to my post .  The women you described is getting her money on the front end, not the back end.  There is no decrease in her taxes

Where is the money not being taken from? What TAX deduction has decreased allowing her that savings??
Gosh you are a hard headed dolt.

You should have taken the hint..
Your wrong on this.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
AmericanMom wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 7:21pm:
OMG.. THANK YOU!
Most people dont realize that if you are getting a refund you have given the government an interest free loan...

While we do try to have a minimal refund if any, this past year we were uncertian how the new laws would effect us so we are getting a bigger refund than normal, but Jeff's W-2 will be adjusted to fix that..

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Sad that you did not know that.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
AmericanMom wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 7:25pm:
Where is the money not being taken from? What TAX deduction has decreased allowing her that savings??
Gosh you are a hard headed dolt.

You should have taken the hint..
Your wrong on this.

You are wrong on this.  Your taxes did not decrease.  You are getting your money upfront.  That is why your refund is less or in some cases, people have to pay at the end of the year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Suckers!

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules