Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Maybe It Is Time To Clean Your Own Back Yard.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Maybe It Is Time To Clean Your Own Back Yard. (Read 374 times)
Buddy_Love
LNF Representative

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Maybe It Is Time To Clean Your Own Back Yard.
Reply #10 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:11am:
The moral high ground is worth standing by, even if it costs 'wins'. For the left to fight dirty, it would become that which it fights against, the easy path, the tendency for groups to treat others as unwanted or evil. If the left did that, it would no longer be the left.

And the reality is that the left IS winning. Look at how much ground the right has lost in the last 100 years. Trump is like their last gasp of air before they drown, and they know it. Get your 'wins' now, conservatives, because it's going to be a LONG time before another Trump gets elected.

The left isn't winning.  Grin

Even though they've won the popular vote only once in 31 years, the right has stacked the courts. We still practice the ponzi scheme that has eviscerated the middle class in Supply Side after 40 years. Our healthcare system is still insurance based. Wages haven't kept up with inflation since the '70's. We are still fiddling with oil and coal. Education has been slashed making our populous dumber and dumber. Higher education is now a for profit business that leaves users in lifelong debt. The right hasn't compromised on anything since Newt Gingrich. Nor have they had to.

Seriously...where is the left winning? Because this country isn't seeing it.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 10:51am:
It's about what the sides stand for, not the fringe within each side that may hold views we disagree with.

Take the antisemitism for instance, which as a Jewish person, I take seriously. Yes, there are those on the Dems side that creep me out, but the Dems, as a whole, are more tolerant of diverse lifestyle groups than Reps are. The Reps probably give more money to Israel than the Dems, but there is a catch; the Reps do not see a Jewish state, but a state that is CURRENTLY Jewish, with the intent to convert it to Christianity. So which side worries me more? The Reps, by far.

I would disagree, I see BOTH anti-semitism and bigotry from the Dem party.  They are by no means tolerate of either of our faith.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Buddy_Love
LNF Representative

Reply #12 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:17am:
I would disagree, I see BOTH anti-semitism and bigotry from the Dem party.  They are by no means tolerate of either of our faith. 

Christians trying to declare religious persecution in this country is laughable. Especially if you're trying to compare it to antisemitism. It's actually borderline anti semitic to suggest that christians in this country experience the same bigotry that jews do.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Buddy_Love wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:21am:
Christians trying to declare religious persecution in this country is laughable. Especially if you're trying to compare it to antisemitism. It's actually borderline anti semitic to suggest that christians in this country experience the same bigotry that jews do.

At least you are acknowledging that there is this sort of discrimination towards Jews.  I find that most of the discrimination tends to come from the left more then I see from the right.  Yes, there is a level of discrimination towards the Christian community, there is no denying this.  Regarding persecution, no where near the level of persecution as seen elsewhere in the world.  Christians are being murdered in the world for not denying their faith, there are ample documentation of this happening in world.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #14 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Buddy_Love wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:16am:

Even though they've won the popular vote only once in 31 years, the right has stacked the courts. We still practice the ponzi scheme that has eviscerated the middle class in Supply Side after 40 years. Our healthcare system is still insurance based. Wages haven't kept up with inflation since the '70's. We are still fiddling with oil and coal. Education has been slashed making our populous dumber and dumber. Higher education is now a for profit business that leaves users in lifelong debt. The right hasn't compromised on anything since Newt Gingrich. Nor have they had to.

Your points are valid, but we are still the science leader in the world, we have more minority advocate groups than in any time in our history, and we are more liberal when it comes to lifestyle choices than at any time in our history. Liberals still run hollywood and the Internet, and the best the conservatives can do is try and lock it down by blocking net neutrality. Gun rights are decreasing, abortions are increasing, and if I was a conservative in the US right now, I'd be pissed. Whatever gains are being made in the crazy conservative agenda are not nearly enough.

Whereas from a liberal perspective, Trump and his conservative cronies have not really made a dent in my lifestyle or the values I advocate at all. They are trying, to be sure, but doing actually very little. The Recent Roe vs Wade SCOTUS vote is a good example. They now have their own sexual predator who will vote conservative for them and yet still Roberts shoots them down.

Just for giggles, I did a search on ideology trends, and overwhelmingly, they indicated conservatives are a dying breed. This is one species not worth saving.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Vote Him Out!

Reply #15 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Buddy_Love wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:16am:

Just one point. Our healthcare system is basically a legal gambling game.

"Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia" - Eric Trump, 2014

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Vote Him Out!

Reply #16 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:55am:
Just one point. Our healthcare system is basically a legal gambling game.

Except the only winners are the insurance companies and Big Pharma...

"Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia" - Eric Trump, 2014

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
A great vid of Hollywood’s liberal left reaction when convicted child drugged rapist won his best director Oscar

https://youtu.be/PXnNOBj26lk

Yes, they are all very concerned about women’s and girls rights. Sure they are.

IP Logged

Beryl
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #18 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
The democrats have really made themselves a lumpy bed. In order to not be hypocrites they need to call for the Lt. Governor to step down and they will still be wrong because once again they will be throwing due process out the window.

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Look behind you!

Reply #19 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
NIMBY!

I'm the man in the box..
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Maybe It Is Time To Clean Your Own Back Yard.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules