Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › A Star Is Born
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A Star Is Born (Read 387 times)
Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

A Star Is Born
Mar 2nd, 2019 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Wow.

What a terrible movie.

We tried watching it last night and wound up shutting it off halfway through. 

Did we really need a fourth remake of this movie?  At this point, the story is bland and tired.  And not just because it's been told so many times in the past.  There were points where the characters behaved in ways I simply don't understand.  Like ... Lady Gaga punches an off duty cop at the beginning of the movie.  I still don't know why.  Other than to give Cooper an excuse to wrap her swollen hand in a bag of frozen peas and kiss her hand like a "gentleman."

I get that Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper making googley eyes at each other during the Oscars really captured the imaginations of people.  But can we be honest and admit that "Shallow" really isn't that great of a song?

The entire movie was filled with mediocre songs and Neil Young instrumentation.  I mean Neil Young is a great songwriter.  But great guitarist he is not.  They should have swapped that and went with Neil Young songwriting and just an average weekend blues band instrumentation. 

I just had to get that out.  Perhaps it's because I watched the very good "Bohemian Rhapsody" the night before and "A Star is Born" doesn't hold up well in comparison.  But I was pretty surprised by how boring this movie was.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Re: A Star Is Born
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Having said that, the Lady Gaga solo song about the Arizona sky etc, where it's her singing with a piano.  Gorgeous song.  Really enjoyed that.  It was pretty near the only part of the movie my wife and I both enjoyed.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the warning. I’m glad I never watched it. When I saw the trailer, my first reaction was, “This looks boring.”

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 2nd, 2019 at 7:14pm:
Thanks for the warning. I’m glad I never watched it. When I saw the trailer, my first reaction was, “This looks boring.”

Yeah, I saw the commercial and thought "unless there is an alien invasion and some explosions it's going to like watching paint dry".

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
A coworker of my wife's told her it was amazing.  She bought it when it came out and has seen it 5 times.

So now my wife is trying to figure out ways of not shitting all over her co-worker's favorite movie.  "Uh huh yeah it was good..." is probably the go to.

Queshank

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Mar 2nd, 2019 at 10:49pm:
A coworker of my wife's told her it was amazing.  She bought it when it came out and has seen it 5 times.

So now my wife is trying to figure out ways of not shitting all over her co-worker's favorite movie.  "Uh huh yeah it was good..." is probably the go to.

Queshank

"That was absolutely, positively *NOT* the suckiest movie I ever saw!"

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 12:25am
Print Post  

Queshank

Just talk about how great her voice is and if that doesn't work feign a heart attack.

IP Logged

LadyBug
LNF Senior Staffer4
LNF Bunker

Hey Everybody! Good to
be back.

Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 6:05am
Print Post  

Queshank

I don't understand why your wife can't have a different opinion than her friend. She's entitled to her own opinion and doesn't have to be rude expressing it. It's only a movie, after all.  Undecided

"Life is what happens while you're making other plans."

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 8:49am
Print Post  
LadyBug wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 6:05am:
I don't understand why your wife can't have a different opinion than her friend. She's entitled to her own opinion and doesn't have to be rude expressing it. It's only a movie, after all.  Undecided

Yeah that's not how it works Ladybug.

Ever.

I can go back to the daily onslaught of my mom wanting to show us this "amazing" singer she saw on the Voice the night before.  And it would always be some mediocre talent shining through song selection.  If you only have a one octave range, you pick a country song with a one octave range and you're golden.  But a good performance doesn't mean you're a world class singer.  And when I'd respond with "It's okay" then it's thirty minutes of listening to her wax and gush about how amazing the singer is saying "I don't understand how that doesn't just blow you away," and "watch it again!"  Until finally after 3 hours of badgering, I give her an honest critique of the performance, and then I'm an asshole.  Or worse.  I'm arrogant and "highbrow."

It wouldn't be a problem if the coworker hadn't spent weeks telling Sabrina she "HAS" to watch this show.  Especially since we are a husband/wife music duo.  Even going so far as to when Sabrina said she watched "Bohemian Rhapsody," telling her how much better "A Star is Born" because it's all original music and they all did their own singing and there's no lip synching.

While I might be "retired" now, I played music "professionally" for over 20 years.  People take the opinions of musicians personally.  If my wife didn't like this friend, it wouldn't be a problem.  She could just say "I didn't like it."  But my wife likes this friend.  And this isn't her first rodeo.  My wife has been singing professionally for the same time period, starting in her first band when she was 16.

When you figure out why humans are so stupid, by all means, let me know Smiley  Until then I will continue to live my life walking on eggshells around the fragile little beasts.  Except here on the boards of course Cheesy

Queshank

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
A Tsar Is Bored.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › A Star Is Born

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag