Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why Magats are such losers...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why Magats are such losers... (Read 1,294 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Why Magats are such losers...
Reply #20 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 4:52pm:
Government is supposed to be for all people, not just the po'.

There are many reasons for the po' being po'. Laziness is definitely a big one.

Another reason is lack of incentive. Why try to earn your wealth when government keeps giving you handouts?

Also, a lot of people simply don't care about being rich. I'm one of them. Not everyone has the desire to be a millionaire or billionaire. A lot of people are simply appreciative and content with what they have.

Most poor people work harder than the average rich person.  It is not about laziness.  It is about opportunity.

wyattstorch2004 wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 8:18pm:
They work harder, improve their income, and/or spend less money until they have the means to save.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #21 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 4:55pm:
Most poor people work harder than the average rich person.  It is not about laziness.  It is about opportunity.

I'm referring to putting in the work needed to take advantage of your opportunities.

If you want to be rich, work hard to excel in school. Work hard to earn a scholarship. Work hard to be the best in your class. Go the extra mile to get ahead of your peers. Do internships. Work two jobs. Study.

Whatever you want to achieve, *EARN* it. Don't just sit on your lazy butt and say, "The white man is holding me down!"

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

What's the frequency,
Kenneth?

Reply #22 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 4:58pm:
I'm referring to putting in the work needed to take advantage of your opportunities.

If you want to be rich, work hard to excel in school. Work hard to earn a scholarship. Work hard to be the best in your class. Go the extra mile to get ahead of your peers. Do internships. Work two jobs. Study.

Whatever you want to achieve, *EARN* it. Don't just sit on your lazy butt and say, "The white man is holding me down!"

Perhaps on your little island in the Pacific, there is a more egalitarian approach. But still in much of the USA, people of color, or the wrong gender, are held back no matter how hard they work.

And I'm not going to get into those who drop out of college because they think they know everything they need to know already.

"Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia" - Eric Trump, 2014

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 4:58pm:

And your opportunity to succeed will still be harder than the rich privilege whose parents will lie and cheat to get you into top schools and get you out of legal troubles and connect you to the best possible careers.

They work harder, improve their income, and/or spend less money until they have the means to save.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #24 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:02pm:
And your opportunity to succeed will still be harder than the rich privilege whose parents will lie and cheat to get you into top schools and get you out of legal troubles and connect you to the best possible careers.

No one says you have the right same opportunities. That's not how life works. Some people are born blind or without hearing. Some are born to poverty. You don't have a Constitutional right to be born fully healthy and with $500,000 in your bank account.

Some people have to work harder than others. Whether you do or you don't, that's up to you. In the end, you succeed or fail based on your own merits.

I always use myself as an example. I wasn't born to a wealthy family. We never got to live in the nice areas like Kahala or Hawaii Kai. Still, if I had worked harder in school and applied myself more and was more ambitious, I had the opportunity to earn a better lot in life than I have now. My oldest brother had it even harder than I did, but he was a great student with big goals, and he worked hard, and now he's very successful at what he does. He is able to make a lot of money for himself and his family.

I'm probably poorer than you are, but you never see me whining about being held down or the system being unfair. We reap what we sow.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #25 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
I prefer playing RISK and killing off everyone and conquering the whole world. Why is it that the "Born to Lose" crowd always lose?  Oh wait!  I answered my own question!  Grin

Gloom, Despair and Agony on me..

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:10pm:
No one says you have the right same opportunities. That's not how life works. Some people are born blind or without hearing. Some are born to poverty. You don't have a Constitutional right to be born fully healthy and with $500,000 in your bank account.

Some people have to work harder than others. Whether you do or you don't, that's up to you. In the end, you succeed or fail based on your own merits.

I always use myself as an example. I wasn't born to a wealthy family. We never got to live in the nice areas like Kahala or Hawaii Kai. Still, if I had worked harder in school and applied myself more and was more ambitious, I had the opportunity to earn a better lot in life than I have now. My oldest brother had it even harder than I did, but he was a great student with big goals, and he worked hard, and now he's very successful at what he does. He is able to make a lot of money for himself and his family.

I'm probably poorer than you are, but you never see me whining about being held down or the system being unfair. We reap what we sow.

Never said that you have the right to the same opportunities.  What I am saying is that you should not demonize those who do not have the same opportunities as if it were their fault.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #27 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:16pm:
Never said that you have the right to the same opportunities.  What I am saying is that you should not demonize those who do not have the same opportunities as if it were their fault.

A lot of times, it *IS* their fault.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:20pm:
A lot of times, it *IS* their fault.

Most of the time it is not.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #29 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:22pm:
Most of the time it is not.

Mmmm. I'm not so sure about that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why Magats are such losers...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules