Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible. (Read 1,968 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #30 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Mar 26th, 2019 at 9:57am:
To paraphrase a great American...  Having an atheist forum about the bible would be like having a philatelist forum about not collecting stamps.

You miss the point.  You post to tell everyone that your mythology is real often offering proof because 'x' existed..  Jerusalem, Egypt, Pilate ...  I post to remind you that your myths are no different than the other thousands of myths... i.e.  it's all myth.

Studying the history of religion. It became clear that one was built on the ashes of the other. 

It's said that there are ~4200 religions in the world. You believe that 4199 are false whereas I believe there are 4200 myths.

Of course you can believe anything you like but when you bring that into a public forum or into the government we share, you should expect to be reminded that there are 4200 myths in the world and yours is one of them.

So exactly what happened to you?  You claim to have led or lead studies, what event happened that you fell away?  I am always curious.  Regarding history, prove that the events and the characters are all or mostly fiction and you have destroyed the credibility of these letters.  I have looked into this in and out of the Bible, was quote surprised to see that the historian of that time do talk about Jesus and events around his death.  Now, I find it interesting that of all the Jews crucified by the Romans, this name stood out so much it caught the attention of these historians.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #31 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Regarding our discussion of science and history about our faith, I enjoy discussing them.  It has nothing to do with what you think as to why I post.  In fact, as is typical by you, you make assumptions and then you run with them without ever asking questions.  Not really how this is suppose to work but then it reveals your agenda.  I love to talk about these events, scripture, Jesus, historical finds.  I find it intriguing and exciting when they discover archaeological findings.  My deal was sealed with God because of my son as well as my father.  You will not understand and I do not expect you to.  Nothing now will convince me otherwise.  You are free to not believe, that is what free will is all about.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #32 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 12:25pm:
So exactly what happened to you? .

I took a World Religions course as a college freshman.. I was religious at that time and was fascinated and took other courses.  .. Ancient Religious Thought, Abrahamic Religions, Afterlife in the Ancient World . lectures..books.. . 

As familiarity with these other/previous beliefs grew, as I said, it became clear that Christianity... Romanized Christianity... rose from the ashes of previous cults.

I suppose it's like 'you don't know where you are if you don't know how you got there..' 

Couple that with the math and sciences I took towards an engineering degree and ultimately I realized that I had to decide if I was going to continue to believe in magic or acknowledge physics as the authentic explanation of the cosmos...   

Needless to say I rejected magic.

It wasn't until Reagan's overt Christian piety, his condemnation of those that weren't and Jerry Falwell's Moral Majority becoming so powerful that I realized, along with so many others, that the religious radicals were out to codify their beliefs .  I stopped being silent and actively (campaign donations, volunteer work) began resisting the takeover.

And here we are.

« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2019 at 6:26pm by Fiddler »  

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 4:11pm:
I took a World Religions course as a college freshman.. I was religious at that time and was fascinated and took other courses.  .. Ancient Religious Thought, Abrahamic Religions, Afterlife in the Ancient World . lectures..books.. . 

As familiarity with these other/previous beliefs grew, as I said, it became clear that Christianity... Romanized Christianity... rose from the ashes of previous cults.

I suppose it's like 'you don't know where you are if you don't know how you got there..' 

Couple that with the math and sciences I took towards an engineering degree and ultimately I realized that I had to decide if I was going to continue to believe in magic or acknowledge physics as the authentic explanation of the cosmos...   

Needless to say I rejected magic.

It wasn't until Reagan's overt Christian piety, his condemnation of those that weren't and Jerry Falwell's Moral Majority becoming so powerful that I realized, along with so many others, that the religious radicals were out to codify their beliefs .  I stopped being silent and actively (campaign donations, volunteer work) began resisting the takeover.

And here we are.

Protestants tend to lack a great deal of knowledge about the Roman Church. I'm not a Roman Catholic on the basis that they have become liberal, straying from tradition to chase after fables. But as a continuing Anglican Catholic I do know a few things about the origins of the Roman church.

Roman citizens began following the Christian faith after the resurrection of Christ. By the end of the 1st century there were many Roman Christians. While this was not easy on Roman believers, as Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, the Roman Church never ceased from following Christ. So the Roman Church didn't begin with Constantine as many assume to be the case. It began in the wake of Christ' resurrection.

Constantine removed the ban on Christianity and then more Romans embraced the faith and it became the largest religion in the world thereafter.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #34 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 11:05am
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 10:46pm:
Constantine removed the ban on Christianity and then more Romans embraced the faith

They had no choice.  Constantine commanded the persecution of what he now saw as Paganism.  Ramsay MacMullen's book Christianizing the Roman Empire chapter Conversion by Coercion describes the pillaging and the tearing down of pagan temples by the early Roman Christians. 

First is Carthage in 304, where the victims of search of the city were thrown in jail, there to suffer from the wounds and chains but also from hunger and thirst for the jailkeepers didn't feed you, that had to be done by your friends. A hostile crowd of Christians, however set "whips and scourges and armed men in front of the prison gates in order, by inflicting serious hurt on persons entering or leaving, to prevent them from supplying food and drink to the martyrs

From Rome in 407 issued a decree to the west, “If any images stand even now in the temples and shrines…, they shall be torn from their foundations…. The buildings themselves of the temples which are situated in cities or towns shall be vindicated to public use. Altars shall be destroyed in all places.” Nothing could be more explicit. It was no longer enough to favor the church, no longer enough to forbid the murkier practices of pagan cults; now anything and everything to do with them must be annihilated. It had been a long war. ‘‘We recognize,” the emperors continue, “that this regulation has been very often decreed by repeated sanctions.” But by A.D. 407 it could be fairly claimed that non-Christians were outlaws at last, and (it followed) that a state religion had at last emerged

FEZZILLA wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 10:46pm:
and it became the largest religion in the world thereafter.

...at the point of a sword.

Christianity would be but another lost cult had it not been spread across Europe by Roman gladius.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 11:05am:
They had no choice.  Constantine commanded the persecution of what he now saw as Paganism.  Ramsay MacMullen's book Christianizing the Roman Empire chapter Conversion by Coercion describes the pillaging and the tearing down of pagan temples by the early Roman Christians. 

First is Carthage in 304, where the victims of search of the city were thrown in jail, there to suffer from the wounds and chains but also from hunger and thirst for the jailkeepers didn't feed you, that had to be done by your friends. A hostile crowd of Christians, however set "whips and scourges and armed men in front of the prison gates in order, by inflicting serious hurt on persons entering or leaving, to prevent them from supplying food and drink to the martyrs

From Rome in 407 issued a decree to the west, “If any images stand even now in the temples and shrines…, they shall be torn from their foundations…. The buildings themselves of the temples which are situated in cities or towns shall be vindicated to public use. Altars shall be destroyed in all places.” Nothing could be more explicit. It was no longer enough to favor the church, no longer enough to forbid the murkier practices of pagan cults; now anything and everything to do with them must be annihilated. It had been a long war. ‘‘We recognize,” the emperors continue, “that this regulation has been very often decreed by repeated sanctions.” But by A.D. 407 it could be fairly claimed that non-Christians were outlaws at last, and (it followed) that a state religion had at last emerged

...at the point of a sword.

Christianity would be but another lost cult had it not been spread across Europe by Roman gladius.

It was the initial persecution that caused the spread of the Gospel by BOTH Rome and the Jewish priests.  Their persecution sent the followers of Jesus out of Jerusalem and into the surrounding areas.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #36 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 11:39am:
The NRSV is neither good for reading or study. Its junk. The highest approval for the NRSV came from the Satanic Church who uses it.

Satanic...(checks notes)...Presbyterians?

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #37 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 1:01pm:
It was the initial persecution that caused the spread of the Gospel by BOTH Rome and the Jewish priests.  Their persecution sent the followers of Jesus out of Jerusalem and into the surrounding areas.

Still it was local..like that of the Hebrew or Canaanites.  You can't seriously compare nascent Christianity's Egypt to Canaan realm with the Roman Empire's entire Mediterranean shoreline north to Britannia.

With Romanized Christianity it was convert or die.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 2:21pm:

Still it was local..like that of the Hebrew or Canaanites.  You can't seriously compare nascent Christianity's Egypt to Canaan realm with the Roman Empire's entire Mediterranean shoreline north to Britannia.

You are talking about after about 400 years.  I am talking about after Christ's accession when the faith exploded.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #39 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 2:21pm:

This is true, but also, by the time of Constantine's conversion, over a tenth of the Empire was already Christian.  There were Christians in every corner of the Empire, and Christianity had already spread out of the Empire to Ethiopia, Armenia, and South Asia.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog