Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible. (Read 2,593 times)
De Santos
LNF Intern3

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #40 - Apr 2nd, 2019 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Since this post chooses to indulge in Christian apologetics and prides itself on the accuracy of various translations of the Bible, let's observe--quite rightly--that the earth is not "hanging" or "hung", but is instead subject to the gravitational forces of the Sun. The authors of the Bible forgot that important observation during their moments of visionary enlightenment.

--De Santos!

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #41 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
De Santos wrote on Apr 2nd, 2019 at 12:03am:
Since this post chooses to indulge in Christian apologetics and prides itself on the accuracy of various translations of the Bible, let's observe--quite rightly--that the earth is not "hanging" or "hung", but is instead subject to the gravitational forces of the Sun. The authors of the Bible forgot that important observation during their moments of visionary enlightenment.

--De Santos!

The earth hangs on nothing as Job stated is true.  It is in space and rests on nothing.  Not sure why you feel that the author must somehow remark about gravity....  Not really relevant to his point.  Quite an astonishing remark since the telescope was not even a remote concept. 

He… hangeth the earth upon nothing.
— Job 26:7

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #42 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 3:33pm:

And 4 verses later in the same chapter Job says..

"The pillars of the heavens quake"

And because you are consistent, you now believe that the heavens are supported by pillars...  Right?

Or you could just take God's word for the Earth's support system.

God tells Job...

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #43 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:06am:
And 4 verses later in the same chapter Job says..

"The pillars of the heavens quake"

And because you are consistent, you now believe that the heavens are supported by pillars...  Right?

Or you could just take God's word for the Earth's support system.

God tells Job...

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?"

This meat is to die for!  DO you take that literally?  There are similar statements that when viewed in the context of the writer reveals he is speaking metaphorically.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #44 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:44am:
DO you take that literally? .

You took "hangeth the earth upon nothing." literally. 

Why wouldn't you take "The pillars of the heavens quake" literally.  It's literally 4 verses below "hangeth" in the same poem.

And you completely ignored God's on words describing the Earth as resting on "foundations".  Why is that?

Seawolf wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 11:44am:
There are similar statements that when viewed in the context of the writer reveals he is speaking metaphorically.

Seriously.  Tell me why in the same poem 4 verses apart "The pillars of the heavens quake" is to be taken as a metaphor and "hangeth the earth upon nothing." is to be taken literal?

You either have to admit being a hypocrite or admit being wrong..  But knowing you as we do, you aren't man enough to do either.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #45 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 12:53pm:
You took "hangeth the earth upon nothing." literally. 

Why wouldn't you take "The pillars of the heavens quake" literally.  It's literally 4 verses below "hangeth" in the same poem.

And you completely ignored God's on words describing the Earth as resting on "foundations".  Why is that?

Seriously.  Tell me why in the same poem 4 verses apart "The pillars of the heavens quake" is to be taken as a metaphor and "hangeth the earth upon nothing." is to be taken literal?

You either have to admit being a hypocrite or admit being wrong..  But knowing you as we do, you aren't man enough to do either.

Hangeth the earth I took literally!?  Please, enlighten me and quote me.  You are amusing to say the least.

A hypocrite about what specifically?  Says the forum hypocrite.  I am getting a laugh at your remarks.   Grin

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #46 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 1:05pm:
Hangeth the earth I took literally!?  Please, enlighten me and quote me. 

Seawolf wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 3:33pm:
The earth hangs on nothing as Job stated is true.  It is in space and rests on nothing.  Not sure why you feel that the author must somehow remark about gravity....  Not really relevant to his point.  Quite an astonishing remark since the telescope was not even a remote concept. 

THAT^ is you taking "hangeth the earth upon nothing" literally..

So ...are you going to try to lie your way out or try to spin that?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #47 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 1:11pm:
THAT^ is you taking "hangeth the earth upon nothing" literally..

So ...are you going to try to lie your way out or try to spin that?

Hangs on NOTHING...  It seems you lack reading comprehension.  Nothing, do I need to break out a Webster definition for you?  You and your games.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #48 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 4th, 2019 at 9:22pm:
Hangs on NOTHING...  It seems you lack reading comprehension.  Nothing, do I need to break out a Webster definition for you?  You and your games.

Yes.. It means that you take the line "hangeth the earth upon nothing" literally.. 

You LITERALLY believe Job was somehow cognizant of Earth's position in space.

Four lines later in the poem Job says "The pillars of the heavens quake". 

PILLARS Seawolf.. ..  Do I need to break out a Webster definition for you.

Try, though it will be difficult for you, to be honest. 

Why do you say that "nothing" should be taken literally and "pillars" not?

And AGAIN you completely ignored God's on words describing the Earth as resting on "foundations".

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #49 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 9:05am:
Yes.. It means that you take the line "hangeth the earth upon nothing" literally.. 

You LITERALLY believe Job was somehow cognizant of Earth's position in space.

Four lines later in the poem Job says "The pillars of the heavens quake". 

PILLARS Seawolf.. ..  Do I need to break out a Webster definition for you.

Try, though it will be difficult for you, to be honest. 

Why do you say that "nothing" should be taken literally and "pillars" not?

And AGAIN you completely ignored God's on words describing the Earth as resting on "foundations". 

So here we go with your stupid word games.  Part of any language is the metaphors that are often spoken which you seem incapable of grasping.  You can't read, you do not understand English and you are illiterate about the gospel.  You see what Fiddler WANTS to see.  Your beef and anger is not with me, your anger and your beef is with God.  Yes, I do believe that Job, through God was able to understand, as best as he could the creation.  Which puts you at odds over what you think you believe the Bible is stating.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog