Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible. (Read 2,613 times)
Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #50 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 11:40am:
So here we go with your stupid word games.

No word games...other than the one you're playing...and nothing is stupid about it.   

Part of any language is the metaphors that are often spoken which you seem incapable of grasping. 

Oh I understand the use of metaphors.. That's in large part why I've been asking you why one line is to be taken literally and the next metaphorically.

You can't read, you do not understand English and you are illiterate about the gospel..

You know that's not true.  Now you're just squirming trying to get out of the corner you've put yourself in.   

Yes, I do believe that Job, through God was able to understand, as best as he could the creation.

So Job was able to understand that the Earth "hangeth" upon nothing but did not understand that the "pillars" of the heavens quake.. 

Is that what you're saying?.

Which puts you at odds over what you think you believe the Bible is stating.

I'm not at odds at all.  It says what it says.  Period.

And since you've dodged this every time I've asked...and before you start deleting my posts to protect your safe space ...

AGAIN ... Tell me why in the same poem 4 verses apart "The pillars of the heavens quake" is to be taken as a metaphor and "hangeth the earth upon nothing." is to be taken literal?

It's a simple question.. Man up.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #51 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
It hangs on nothing IS a metaphor.  The 4 pillars IS a metaphor.  SO explain why it is not, feel free to use the Hebrew text to assist you with this answer.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #52 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 1:06pm:
AGAIN ... Tell me why in the same poem 4 verses apart "The pillars of the heavens quake" is to be taken as a metaphor and "hangeth the earth upon nothing." is to be taken literal?

It's a simple question.. Man up.

Ancient expressions don't always coincide with modern expressions. For example, the expression "the earth shall not be moved" means that the earth will not fall from its suspended position in space or drift away from its orbit. That's the most ancient interpretation of that expression.

The pillars of heaven refers to angels which is also the most ancient interpretation of that expression. The Apostles were called pillars and yet nobody claims they were literal rocks.

The word pillars carries a very broad meaning in the Bible.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #53 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Job 26:7 has always been taken literally by the ancient Jews and Christians.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF House Leader

Reply #54 - Jun 25th, 2019 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
LadyBug wrote on Mar 16th, 2019 at 6:18am:
Flat earthers?  Huh You go to a great and confusing length to prove something that is self-evident beyond any reasonable doubt. The earth is round. Period. Only idiots would or could think otherwise.

I think he might more be trying to prove that the ancients knew the earth was round.

It is very common for those ignorant of ancient history to think the ancients were flat-earthers.  Sure, maybe the ignorant were flat-earthers, but the educated have known, literally for millenia, that the earth is round.

The 17th Century ~ The halfway point between the Middle Ages and Modernity

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #55 - Jul 2nd, 2019 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Jun 25th, 2019 at 2:54pm:
I think he might more be trying to prove that the ancients knew the earth was round.

It is very common for those ignorant of ancient history to think the ancients were flat-earthers.  Sure, maybe the ignorant were flat-earthers, but the educated have known, literally for millenia, that the earth is round

Yup.  The Greeks got a pretty accurate measure of the circumference of the Earth 2300 years ago.  All you really need to do to figure out the Earth is round is think about things disappearing over the horizon as they get farther away.  That, plus measuring the curve of shadows, gives you enough information to work out the circumference of the Earth.

Sometime in the 19th century, a myth emerged that people thought the Earth was flat in the 15th century and that Christopher Columbus proved them wrong.  That's totally wrong.  Europeans knew the Earth was round and knew about how large the Earth was.

So why didn't European nobility support Columbus?  Columbus badly miscalculated the size of the Earth, and the nobles thought he was a fool.  The Europeans (including Columbus) didn't know about the Western Hemisphere, and they figured Columbus would sail west, run out of provisions in the middle of the empty ocean, and die of thirst.  Running into the Western Hemisphere was the biggest stroke of dumb luck of all time.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #56 - Jul 3rd, 2019 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Eratosthenes determined the circumference of the Earth within a five percent margin of error and Hipparchus used his result to calculate the distance to the moon with astounding accuracy.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #57 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:32am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 3rd, 2019 at 1:58pm:
Eratosthenes determined the circumference of the Earth within a five percent margin of error and Hipparchus used his result to calculate the distance to the moon with astounding accuracy.

True but bronze age goat herders writing the Torah did not have access to that information.   They wrote what they believed  .. a Flat Earth.

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #58 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 3rd, 2019 at 1:58pm:

Very true. But keep in mind there are 33 globe earth verses in the Bible and all the ones from the Old Testament of the Bible antedate Pythagoras in 500 B.C. Nobody is saying the Greeks were stupid. But they did not discover the round earth before God revealed it to the prophets.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #59 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Jul 22nd, 2019 at 9:10pm:
But they did not discover the round earth before God revealed it to the prophets.

Nothing was revealed as there is no one to reveal it.  The writers of Hebrew mythology were clear in their belief that the world was flat.  There's really no other way to interpret it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog