Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible. (Read 835 times)
Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #50 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 11:40am:
So here we go with your stupid word games.

No word games...other than the one you're playing...and nothing is stupid about it.   

Part of any language is the metaphors that are often spoken which you seem incapable of grasping. 

Oh I understand the use of metaphors.. That's in large part why I've been asking you why one line is to be taken literally and the next metaphorically.

You can't read, you do not understand English and you are illiterate about the gospel..

You know that's not true.  Now you're just squirming trying to get out of the corner you've put yourself in.   

Yes, I do believe that Job, through God was able to understand, as best as he could the creation.

So Job was able to understand that the Earth "hangeth" upon nothing but did not understand that the "pillars" of the heavens quake.. 

Is that what you're saying?.

Which puts you at odds over what you think you believe the Bible is stating.

I'm not at odds at all.  It says what it says.  Period.

And since you've dodged this every time I've asked...and before you start deleting my posts to protect your safe space ...

AGAIN ... Tell me why in the same poem 4 verses apart "The pillars of the heavens quake" is to be taken as a metaphor and "hangeth the earth upon nothing." is to be taken literal?

It's a simple question.. Man up.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #51 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
It hangs on nothing IS a metaphor.  The 4 pillars IS a metaphor.  SO explain why it is not, feel free to use the Hebrew text to assist you with this answer.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #52 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 1:06pm:
AGAIN ... Tell me why in the same poem 4 verses apart "The pillars of the heavens quake" is to be taken as a metaphor and "hangeth the earth upon nothing." is to be taken literal?

It's a simple question.. Man up.

Ancient expressions don't always coincide with modern expressions. For example, the expression "the earth shall not be moved" means that the earth will not fall from its suspended position in space or drift away from its orbit. That's the most ancient interpretation of that expression.

The pillars of heaven refers to angels which is also the most ancient interpretation of that expression. The Apostles were called pillars and yet nobody claims they were literal rocks.

The word pillars carries a very broad meaning in the Bible.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #53 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Job 26:7 has always been taken literally by the ancient Jews and Christians.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules