Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible. (Read 2,606 times)
FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #70 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 3:45pm:
I've read the bible.  You intentionally interpret it incorrectly to push an agenda...one that says that bronze age goat herders were the recipients of a revealed knowledge of the cosmos when in fact the bible contains no scientific foreknowledge.

In attempting to introduce science into the discussion in order to bolster the credibility of the bible (you're doing so because your Faith is lacking) ..  you open ALL its content to scientific examination.  You sure as hell don't want that if you're a biblical literalist . 

e.g. the bible claims that Pi is equal to 3  ... 

Well I've studied the Bible in Hebrew, Greek an Latin and I never give my opinions. I can look into the oldest preserved manuscripts like the LXX and Dead Sea Scrolls and explain to you what words mean in those languages. I can show you just what Clement of Rome of the 1st century was reading from the LXX to arrive to conclusion that antipodes do exist. I can explain to you in geometry how the circle in Isaiah 40:22 is properly understood as the great circle of a sphere. For Isaiah 40:22 uses the Hebrew word chuwg means a round earth that has a circumference that moves in a circle. In Greek the word is gyron (aka, gyros) and in Latin its gyrum (aka, gyrus). It all means the same thing: a round and rotating earth. It never means flat earth. It was never understood to mean flat eatth by ancient Jews and Christians. It has always meant a spherical earth that moves in a circle. But Isaiah 40:22 is just one out of 35 or more verses that teach globe earth.

The latest globe earth verses I found was due to me finally understanding the meaning of Genesis 1:3-5. Verses 4 & 5 teach globe earth when understood from the ancient perspective which is the perspective that counts the most. I went one step further and solved Genesis chapter 1.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #71 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:10pm:
So out of all of your nonsense, are we to conclude you are dismissing the math as this gentleman laid out?  You can start with history and show us that it is inaccurate and thus not worthy of taking literally.

No, you don't get it. Let me try to explain... again.

They didn't have any equivalent to what is referred to in grade school as long divisions. Plus they likely didn't think of PI as a number. They didn't think of it AT ALL. The number three is what a down to earth man gets when he measures with the crude measuring tools they had back then the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter and then take the closest integer which given the awkward way they handled fractions back then was the only way at their disposal. So if it makes you feel better the number three is not the value of Pi according to some biblical rule it the best value that the ignorant fool who wrote this passage could come up with. It's a human fail, not "god"'s fail. As for the "explanation" given by the loon who wrote the article you've linked to, it's just bullshit through and through. It's completely anachronistic and doesn't take into account the pervasive ignorance that can be seen in the bible when it comes to anything even remotely scientific.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #72 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Sad GrinBowHunter wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 12:18pm:
No, you don't get it. Let me try to explain... again.

They didn't have any equivalent to what is referred to in grade school as long divisions. Plus they likely didn't think of PI as a number. They didn't think of it AT ALL. The number three is what a down to earth man gets when he measures with the crude measuring tools they had back then the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter and then take the closest integer which given the awkward way they handled fractions back then was the only way at their disposal. So if it makes you feel better the number three is not the value of Pi according to some biblical rule it the best value that the ignorant fool who wrote this passage could come up with. It's a human fail, not "god"'s fail. As for the "explanation" given by the loon who wrote the article you've linked to, it's just bullshit through and through. It's completely anachronistic and doesn't take into account the pervasive ignorance that can be seen in the bible when it comes to anything even remotely scientific.

First, tone it down and avoid your meltdown.  I challenged you to prove the Bible can not be relied on, starting with history.  Science, as Fez showed is relevant and is often demonstrated.  But if you REALLY want to destroy the Bible as an unreliable source, try history.  Here is what I do know, you do not wish to know if there is a God.  Nothing will convince you, you love your life as it is now.  The sin you enjoy you have no desire to relinquish.  So why even waste your time?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #73 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 4:29pm:
Sad Grin
First, tone it down and avoid your meltdown.  I challenged you to prove the Bible can not be relied on, starting with history.  Science, as Fez showed is relevant and is often demonstrated.  But if you REALLY want to destroy the Bible as an unreliable source, try history.  Here is what I do know, you do not wish to know if there is a God.  Nothing will convince you, you love your life as it is now.  The sin you enjoy you have no desire to relinquish.  So why even waste your time?

"History" is not proof of divinity.  That the Sea of Galilee exists does not in any way prove that Jesus walked on its surface..   That requires the abdication of reason or what is otherwise know as religious Faith ..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #74 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:05pm:
"History" is not proof of divinity.  That the Sea of Galilee exists does not in any way prove that Jesus walked on its surface..   That requires the abdication of reason or what is otherwise know as religious Faith ..

History validates the writing. If the Bible is inaccurate in any manner, you could invalidate it.  Obviously you know it's history is far more accurate then we thought early on and I am not talking about well known and obvious locations, but the more detailed towns and cities that our history does not include, as well as the leaders mentioned in the Bible.  If no King David or Solomon, no Bible.  No prophet Isaiah, no Bible.  No King Ahaz, no Bible...  You get my drift, you would be able to destroy the validity of scripture based just on the historical inaccuracies discovered.  That is why we can take the writings of the Disciples at face value because of the accurate description of their historical events.  I am well versed on atheist to know that had there been no Herod, there could never had been a man named Jesus and that would be your poster child against the Christian faith...
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:35am by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #75 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:29am:
History validates the writing. If the Bible is inaccurate in any manner, you could invalidate it.  Obviously you know it's history is far more accurate then we thought early on and I am not talking about well known and obvious locations, but the more detailed towns and cities that our history does not include, as well as the leaders mentioned in the Bible.  If no King David or Solomon, no Bible.  No prophet Isaiah, no Bible.  No King Ahaz, no Bible...  You get my drift, you would be able to destroy the validity of scripture based just on the historical inaccuracies discovered.  That is why we can take the writings of the Disciples at face value because of the accurate description of their historical events.  I am well versed on atheist to know that had there been no Herod, there could never had been a man named Jesus and that would be your poster child against the Christian faith...

And yet you don't seem to know that the Hebrews never were collectively enslaved in Egypt...  That's enough to invalidate one of the most important passages of the bible which is why you'll never know it.

The whole Exodus is a complete fabrication.

FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #76 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:29am:
History validates the writing. If the Bible is inaccurate in any manner, you could invalidate it. ..

Genesis 6:14-16 King James Version (KJV)

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

300 cubits by 50 cubits by 30 cubits.  Do you think these dimensions were followed closely or could it have been 301x49x31   ?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #77 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 11:46am:
And yet you don't seem to know that the Hebrews never were collectively enslaved in Egypt...  That's enough to invalidate one of the most important passages of the bible which is why you'll never know it.

The whole Exodus is a complete fabrication.

Prove it.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #78 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 6:34pm:
Prove it.

Here are two articles written by Jews, one of them is a rabbi:

The Biblical Exodus Story Is Fiction

Did Jewish Slaves Build the Pyramids?

FC,

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #79 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 8:41am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 6:11am:
Here are two articles written by Jews, one of them is a rabbi:

The Biblical Exodus Story Is Fiction

Did Jewish Slaves Build the Pyramids?

Rabbis also deny that the Messiah has yet to come.  A Rabbi denying the Exodus is not something that proves much of anything.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog