Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible. (Read 2,608 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #90 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 16th, 2019 at 4:28pm:
You are about as much of an Atheist as I am. There are millions of versions of "god" that you deny. If "god" is as hateful as you keep peddling that he is what do you think he's gonna do to you if you've chosen the wrong version of him? Your best hope is that he doesn't exist at all.

So this is your other account?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Re: A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.
Reply #91 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 16th, 2019 at 4:28pm:
You are about as much of an Atheist as I am. There are millions of versions of "god" that you deny. If "god" is as hateful as you keep peddling that he is what do you think he's gonna do to you if you've chosen the wrong version of him? Your best hope is that he doesn't exist at all.

You are not here to discover who God is.  You have no desire to know him, like a criminal who will never seek out the police, you a sinner have no desire to find God.  This discussion is pointless.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #92 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 16th, 2019 at 4:10pm:
[1 Kings 7:26]  The reservoir was a handbreadth thick, and its rim was fashioned like the brim of a cup or of a lily blossom. It held 2,000 baths.

The key part of this verse is where we are told its rim (the top of the object) was fashioned like the brim of a cup. In other words, this is what Biblical Scholars believe this object looked like:

p24_moltensea

As you can see, although the circumference was of a perfect circle, it expanded outwards near the top, like a cup, so the circumference did not correlate with the diameter, meaning the calculation for Pi cannot be applied to this object initially if the diameter was measured from brim to brim. I hope this makes sense to everybody.

No error here, the Holy Bible beats off the accuser yet again.

https://faithfulphilosophy.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/is-1-kings-723-wrong-about-p...

Oh but there is an error ..

The verse says that the vessel was " ten cubits from the one brim to the other" . . i.e. brim to brim..  NOT shoulder to shoulder.. NOT side to side.. 

Brim to brim.   " ten cubits from the one brim to the other"

brim noun
\ ˈbrim
\
Definition of brim

(Entry 1 of 2)
1a(1) : an upper or outer margin : verge
(2) archaic : the upper surface of a body of water
b : the edge or rim of a hollow vessel, a natural depression, or a cavity
2 : the projecting rim of a hat

So when the circumference is given we know that the point of measurement specified is the "brim"

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #93 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 16th, 2019 at 10:00pm:
You are not here to discover who God is.  You have no desire to know him, like a criminal who will never seek out the police, you a sinner have no desire to find God.  This discussion is pointless.

And you are just playing Russian roulette with the gods. There are millions of gods that will just put a bullet through your head and you've arbitrarily chosen one of them. You had better hope that "god" is not the punishing type as you keep saying or your chances of having chosen the right version of him are so slim that it's laughable. Your life has absolutely nothing in common with that of a vagrant that lived two thousand years ago. His "message" has been distorted by tens of generations of societal changes.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #94 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 12:19pm:
And you are just playing Russian roulette with the gods. There are millions of gods that will just put a bullet through your head and you've arbitrarily chosen one of them. You had better hope that "god" is not the punishing type as you keep saying or your chances of having chosen the right version of him are so slim that it's laughable. Your life has absolutely nothing in common with that of a vagrant that lived two thousand years ago. His "message" has been distorted by tens of generations of societal changes.

Let me ask both of you, why does my faith so bother you?  Funny, I don't run around chasing you guys for you faith in accidents.  So what is it about my choice that has you and Fids triggered?  You see, I could care less about your unbelief, but you seem to be bothered by mine.  Why?

We both know Jesus lived, historians do not deny this.  They never found his body and historians close to his life admit he did amazing things.  I appreciate your concern but what about your choice.  God gives you his grace and mercy.  You do not have to work for it, he has paid your debt and all he ask you to do is to accept Jesus. 

His son has bored your penalty.  No other religion advocates this, no one died on behalf of humanities sins.  There is nothing else to really discuss.  He gave you free will and if you choose to reject Jesus payment, then you alone will carry the judgement for your sins.  It's free, what God is offering you
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2019 at 7:28pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #95 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 9:30am:
Oh but there is an error ..

The verse says that the vessel was " ten cubits from the one brim to the other" . . i.e. brim to brim..  NOT shoulder to shoulder.. NOT side to side.. 

Brim to brim.   " ten cubits from the one brim to the other"

brim noun
\ ˈbrim
\
Definition of brim

(Entry 1 of 2)
1a(1) : an upper or outer margin : verge
(2) archaic : the upper surface of a body of water
b : the edge or rim of a hollow vessel, a natural depression, or a cavity
2 : the projecting rim of a hat

So when the circumference is given we know that the point of measurement specified is the "brim"

You really WANT to find an error in scripture to appease your conscious.  Seems if you can find just one you can justify living out your desires.  You can search the internet but nothing is changing my mind.  I know he lives, but this is more for you conscious then anything else.  It seems your conscious is bothering you, God's law on your heart.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2019 at 7:29pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #96 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 7:12pm:
You really WANT to find an error in scripture to appease your conscious.  Seems if you can find just one you can justify living out your desires.  You can search the internet but nothing is changing my mind.  I know he lives, but this is more for you conscious then anything else.  It seems your conscious is bothering you, God's law on your heart.

Nope.. Just doing what I can to save you from a lifetime of subservience to a myth...  I believe that you'll probably reach that conclusion yourself but perhaps I can save you a few years.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #97 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 10:57pm:
Nope.. Just doing what I can to save you from a lifetime of subservience to a myth...  I believe that you'll probably reach that conclusion yourself but perhaps I can save you a few years.

After what my wife and I witnessed, absolutely not.  But then this is more about your conscious then about me. I sense you are trying to justify turning away.  You know in your heart of hearts that God is real.  You see, I view this constant badgering as an effort to placate that voice in your head.   Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:09am by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #98 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 5:49am:
After what my wife and I witnessed, absolutely not. 

Sure..   We've all seen others give credit to gods rather than the skills of doctors or the resilience of a living organism ..

There are no miracles preformed by supernatural beings and there has never been.

I sense you are trying to justify turning away.  You know in your heart of hearts that God is real.  You see, I view this constant badgering as an effort to placate that voice in your head.

Nope.. Freeing myself from mystic and cultish silliness has been a godsend..   Wink Cool

You see, I view this constant badgering as an effort to placate that voice in your head.

You are incredibly skilled at misreading a situation.  I'm the voice of the ex-smoker trying to get you to quit smoking..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #99 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 10:05am:
Sure..   We've all seen others give credit to gods rather than the skills of doctors or the resilience of a living organism ..

There are no miracles preformed by supernatural beings and there has never been.

Nope.. Freeing myself from mystic and cultish silliness has been a godsend..   Wink Cool

You are incredibly skilled at misreading a situation.  I'm the voice of the ex-smoker trying to get you to quit smoking..

You are the voice of an angry, vile, hateful man whose redeeming qualities are vindictive, taunting and mocking, intolerate of other viewpoints .  Those are not the kind of values I cherish or desire to pass on to my son, but seem to be the qualities of an atheist.  Regarding what my wife and I witness, you have no clue Fids.  At 60, I see no earthly reason to turn my back on a God who has shown me his love and grace.  If it is the world you want, please, by all means take it!!  Nothing this world can offer that I desire.  You obviously desire the immediate gratification over what God promises us in the end.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A Complete & Comprehensive Catalog of All 33 Globe Earth Verses in the Holy Bible.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog