Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Connecticut Supreme Court rules Sandy Hook Families can sue gun manufacturer
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Connecticut Supreme Court rules Sandy Hook Families can sue gun manufacturer (Read 120 times)
A Wally in Winter
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Connecticut Supreme Court rules Sandy Hook Families can sue gun manufacturer
Mar 14th, 2019 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
" After months of silence, the Connecticut Supreme Court on Thursday reinstated a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of nine victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting against Remington Arms, the manufacturer of the rifle used in the shooting. "

" The court's narrow decision, overturning a lower court judge, rules that Remington can be sued over its marketing practices under a Connecticut state law, despite protections offered to gun manufacturers by federal law. The ruling sends the case back to the lower court. "

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14/703439924/lawsuit-by-sandy-hook-victims-against-g...

I guess this means that whenever they find out who pumped 10 rounds into Gambino Crime Boss, Franky-Boy Cali and what guns they used, the Gambino Crime Family can sue the gun manufacturers.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Re: Connecticut Supreme Court rules Sandy Hook Families can sue gun manufacturer
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
So does that mean a person with diabetes can sue C+H Sugar? Or maybe Fiddler can sue the Brewery for being an alcoholic? Or maybe Usissys can sue McDonald's for being a 600lb Fatass? the lawsuits could be endless.

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

A Wally in Winter
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Re: Connecticut Supreme Court rules Sandy Hook Families can sue gun manufacturer
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:02pm:
So does that mean a person with diabetes can sue C+H Sugar? Or maybe Fiddler can sue the Brewery for being an alcoholic? Or maybe Usissys can sue McDonald's for being a 600lb Fatass? the lawsuits could be endless.

This state court ruing will be taken through the Federal appeals process.  Ultimately, the Federal Court will overrule this unconstituional ruling.  However, the damage will have been done.  Yesterday, Remington announced lay offs of 200 employees.. These days it's hard enough to remain in business and the gun grabbers have very deep pockets and will make any gun manufacturer's cost of defending themselves very costly.   http://www.waff.com/2019/03/13/remington-layoffs-hit-huntsville-facility/
more coming  https://www.newyorkupstate.com/business/2019/03/layoffs-coming-to-remington-arms...

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:10pm
Print Post  

Uncouth, but there is validity to thinking about it in this way.

If FaceBook memes and twitter accounts can sway elections, then either accept it as the new reality or let's figure out a new form of government. Because democracy is therefore unfit in the modern age.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
A Wally in Winter wrote on Mar 14th, 2019 at 3:46pm:
" After months of silence, the Connecticut Supreme Court on Thursday reinstated a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of nine victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting against Remington Arms, the manufacturer of the rifle used in the shooting. "

" The court's narrow decision, overturning a lower court judge, rules that Remington can be sued over its marketing practices under a Connecticut state law, despite protections offered to gun manufacturers by federal law. The ruling sends the case back to the lower court. "

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14/703439924/lawsuit-by-sandy-hook-victims-against-g...

I guess this means that whenever they find out who pumped 10 rounds into Gambino Crime Boss, Franky-Boy Cali and what guns they used, the Gambino Crime Family can sue the gun manufacturers.

Why should we allow thugs to sue

[RWB wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 4:34pm:
And she was Supposably an English teacher  Smiley

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:13pm
Print Post  

It is not the same as suing the gun manufacturer because you decided to shoot yourself in the ass

[RWB wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 4:34pm:
And she was Supposably an English teacher  Smiley

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Orthopedic Kevin
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Funky Claude From Montreux

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
This sets a terrible precedent. Manufacturers will simply stop selling to those who live in Connecticut.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
"Sandy Hook" in thread title = bait for chat-bots

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #8 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
For the record, I have no problem with these individuals being allowed to sue.

I'll have a real issue if the manufacturer is found liable.

If FaceBook memes and twitter accounts can sway elections, then either accept it as the new reality or let's figure out a new form of government. Because democracy is therefore unfit in the modern age.

IP Logged

A Wally in Winter
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #9 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:19pm:
For the record, I have no problem with these individuals being allowed to sue.

I'll have a real issue if the manufacturer is found liable.

That's the Catch-22.  It depends upon who is making the decision of whether a gun manufacturer can be held liable for how it's product is used.  The original court ruling said Remington was not.  Now, on appeal, the Connecticut State Supreme Court says they are liable. Now it can be appealed to the US District Court and then whichever side loses will appeal to the US Court of Appeals for that District, Ultimately, after Remington spends millions in legal fees, it may be decided at the US Supreme Court.  AND..That's the point.  The deep pocket anti-gun lobby will make it too expensive for any gun manufacturer to withstand the l(baseless) legal challenges.

Firearms manufacturing is a very competitive business.  Ithaca gun Company went out of business in the area I grew up a long time ago.  Remington began in Illion, New York and still have their main plant there.  It really impacts small towns when these employers go under.

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Connecticut Supreme Court rules Sandy Hook Families can sue gun manufacturer

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules