Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › WH Designates IRGC a Foreign Terrorist Organization
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) WH Designates IRGC a Foreign Terrorist Organization (Read 4,149 times)
Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: WH Designates IRGC a Foreign Terrorist Organization
Reply #130 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 2:27pm:
None of which has been stopped by the administration's "maximum pressure" campaign. 

Two things here: 1) yes, it delayed their program development, while giving outside parties oversight of it. What do we have now? 2) It wasn't supposed to address their support for terrorist activities; those were being addressed through sanctions and other actions.

Do you think they're closer to that goal today or not?

1. Time is on our side; Not on the side of the corrupt Theocracy which rules over the Iranian people.  Sanctions are working.  (It's similar to what is happening with North Korea, who is another rouge state attempting to gain power though nuclear blackmail).

2.  The Obama deal with Iran didn't allow any inspection of any Iranian military sites and required 30 days advance notice and permission to 'inspect' any of Iran's known 'civilian research' sites.  The entire deal was a kick the can down the road and declare victory sham.  Iran's compliance with the terms of the agreement (which was not a binding treaty voted on by Congress) meant very little or nothing, since their were so many gaping holes, such as those I mentioned.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #131 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 2:41pm
Print Post  

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 2:35pm:
Sanctions are working.

Proof of that being what?

Quote:
The Obama deal with Iran didn't allow any inspection of any Iranian military sites and required 30 days advance notice and permission to 'inspect' any of Iran's known sites.

And the IAEA and Trump's own administration repeatedly confirmed that Iran was in compliance with the deal.

Quote:
The entire deal was a kick the can down the road and declare victory sham.

The point of the delay was to give us and our allies some breathing room to continue working on a diplomatic solution to the issue while stopping Iran from developing an nuclear weapon in the meantime.

Btw, North Korea has a nuclear weapon, so would you say their blackmail is working as evidenced by our diplomatic overtures?

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #132 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 2:41pm:
Proof of that being what?

And the IAEA and Trump's own administration repeatedly confirmed that Iran was in compliance with the deal.

The point of the delay was to give us and our allies some breathing room to continue working on a diplomatic solution to the issue while stopping Iran from developing an nuclear weapon in the meantime.

Btw, North Korea has a nuclear weapon, so would you say their blackmail is working as evidenced by our diplomatic overtures?

The proof will become apparent in a matter of weeks.  Iran can no longer send payment to sponsor it's terror groups and the Iranian people are getting restless. The Iranian Leaders are lashing out at our European Allies and their other customers (like Japan and China) to do something to stop our sanctions on Iran.  So far, nobody's answering the phone. President Trump's go them over a barrel (of oil) so to speak and he's having his way with  them!

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #133 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 2:58pm
Print Post  

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 2:50pm:
The proof will become apparent in a matter of weeks.

And that will be what? 

Quote:
Iran can no longer send payment to sponsor it's terror groups and the Iranian people are getting restless.

Iran is still sponsoring terror groups, still operating in Syria, has a significant role in Iraq, etc. And the people have been restless for some time; they were restless under the previous sanctions regime as well.

Quote:
The Iranian Leaders are lashing out at our European Allies and their other customers (like Japan and China) to do something to stop our sanctions on Iran.  So far, nobody's answering the phone. President Trump's go them over a barrel (of oil) so to speak and he's having his way with  them!

Again, the proof of that being what?

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #134 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 2:58pm:
And that will be what? 

Iran is still sponsoring terror groups, still operating in Syria, has a significant role in Iraq, etc. And the people have been restless for some time; they were restless under the previous sanctions regime as well.

Again, the proof of that being what?

You're first question reminds me of that old adage.. "God, grant me patience: BUT HURRY UP!"  The Iranian people rose up against the tyranny of their Theocratic Dictatorship during the Obama Administration and Obama did nothing to encourage or support them.  How many were murdered we may never know. We are not advocating regime change, but just as in Venezuela, we would support the Iranian people if they stood up for freedom and a better life!

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #135 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:08pm
Print Post  

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:04pm:
You're first question reminds me of that old adage.. "God, grant me patience: BUT HURRY UP!"  The Iranian people rose up against the tyranny of their Theocratic Dictatorship during the Obama Administration and Obama did nothing to encourage or support them.  How many were murdered we may never know.

So, you're pinning your hopes on some kind of uprising. In other words, no proof of anything, just wishful thinking.

Quote:
We are not advocating regime change, but just as in Venezuela, we would support the Iranian people if they stood up for freedom and a better life!

Except Pompeo and Bolton have both advocated for that very thing.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #136 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:08pm:
So, you're pinning your hopes on some kind of uprising. In other words, no proof of anything, just wishful thinking.

Except Pompeo and Bolton have both advocated for that very thing.

Did I mention to you that I have a brother in law who is and Iranian (now an American citizen)?   I think a revolution such as that which is continuing in Venezuela would be the best thing for the world and the Iranian people.  However, just as you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em wear a bikini, then they can all starve to death, as far as I'm concerned, if they stand with the rag headed Terrorists.  Trump has (secretly) negotiated a deal with all of Iran's customers, to respect our sanctions.  No doubt some are doing it after having their arms twisted with tariffs, but so far it looks like Iran is experiencing the toughest sanctions they've ever known (same as North Korea) and so far, our trading partners are bowing to the will of this American President.  We'll see what evolves with both of these rouge states.

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #137 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:27pm
Print Post  

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:19pm:
Did I mention to you that I have a brother in law who is and Iranian (now an American citizen)?

I'm sure I've seen it mentioned. Not sure as to its relevance.   

Quote:
I think a revolution such as that which is continuing in Venezuela would be the best thing for the world and the Iranian people.

Yeah, and how's that 'revolution' working out? 

Quote:
Trump has (secretly) negotiated a deal with all of Iran's customers, to respect our sanctions.

Huh 

Quote:
No doubt some are doing it after having their arms twisted with tariffs, but so far it looks like Iran is experiencing the toughest sanctions they've ever known...

Iran was under international sanctions from 2006 until 2015.

See also the Financial Times.

In 2012, their economy took quite a hit.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #138 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:27pm:
I'm sure I've seen it mentioned. Not sure as to its relevance.   

Yeah, and how's that 'revolution' working out? 

Huh 

Iran was under international sanctions from 2006 until 2015.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/7108/production/_106763982_iran_econ...

See also the Financial Times.

In 2012, their economy took quite a hit.
I only mention it because he is the only Iranian I know and I think he is typical of the good Iranian people who used to live in a progressive, westernized culture and now are ruled over by tyrannical religious fanatics.  He was fortunate to have got out of there at the time of their 'revolution'.

In any event, the middle East and the world (to say nothing of the US) would be far better off if the people of Iran rejected the tyranny of the Islamist Terrorists who rule over them.

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative3

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #139 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Hard to resist the internal state when they can somewhat validly point to a foreign state as the cause of grief.

Wally, if the PRC cut off all trade with us and demanded we disarm, would we?

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › WH Designates IRGC a Foreign Terrorist Organization

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules