Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › WH Designates IRGC a Foreign Terrorist Organization
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) WH Designates IRGC a Foreign Terrorist Organization (Read 4,988 times)
Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Re: WH Designates IRGC a Foreign Terrorist Organization
Reply #30 - May 3rd, 2019 at 10:48am
Print Post  

Stu, do you realize this thread is about the IRGC (not the Muslim Brotherhood)? And that it was started a month ago, and that it's regularly updated with new information?

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #31 - May 3rd, 2019 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 10:48am:
Stu, do you realize this thread is about the IRGC (not the Muslim Brotherhood)? And that it was started a month ago, and that it's regularly updated with new information?

Do YOU realize that OTHER articles about the 'Muslim Brotherhood' have ALSO been made over the years, here at LNF? (they have)  Roll Eyes

You are only angry because I paid you back for your comments about Stu supposedly being, ''a day late and a dollar short''.

Just ADMIT it and move on!   Grin

You CANNOT admit it, .. I know!  Smiley Smiley

Hey .. that's okay, .. I understand you.  Grin

'Modern Progressive Liberalism' .. is a mental disorder!

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #32 - May 3rd, 2019 at 10:56am
Print Post  

Yeah, great pay back. You really got me commenting a thread that's a month old on a completely unrelated topic.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #33 - May 3rd, 2019 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 10:56am:
Yeah, great pay back. You really got me commenting a thread that's a month old on a completely unrelated topic.  Roll Eyes

That's okay Demos, .. I won't even reply back after this reply right here. So, .. you can reply again, if it helps you feel that you got me back and taught me a lesson, .. so to speak! -- I don't want you to lose any standing here at LNF, so .. I'll bow out to help you.  Wink

Really, .. I don't mind at all!

'Modern Progressive Liberalism' .. is a mental disorder!

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #34 - May 3rd, 2019 at 11:11am
Print Post  

I really don't care if you reply, not like you contribute much to the discussion on this forum any way.

Maybe if you engaged in actual debate. For example, maybe you'd like to come back to this thread and actually discuss/defend the claims made in your OP.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #35 - May 6th, 2019 at 1:55pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Iran to restart some nuclear activity in response to US withdrawal from nuclear deal

GENEVA (REUTERS) - Iran will restart part of its halted nuclear programme in response to the US withdrawal from a landmark 2015 nuclear deal but does not itself plan to pull out of the agreement, the state-run IRIB news agency reported on Monday (May 6).

Citing a source close to an official commission which oversees the nuclear deal, IRIB reported that President Hassan Rouhani would announce that Iran would reduce some of its "minor and general" commitments under the deal on May 8- exactly one year after US President Donald Trump announced the US pullout...

"The Islamic Republic of Iran in reaction to the exit of America from the nuclear deal and the bad promises of European countries in carrying out their obligations will restart a part of the nuclear activities which were stopped under the framework of the nuclear deal," the source said, according to IRIB...

Some European Union leaders had been unofficially told of Iran's decision, the report said...

Source

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #36 - May 7th, 2019 at 10:04am
Print Post  

Quote:
The Many Ways Iran Could Target the United States

...Administration officials have not so far disclosed what exactly prompted the worries about Iran targeting the U.S. or its allies, with Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan, for instance, only citing “indications of a credible threat by Iranian regime forces.” Still, the dynamics of the region, and especially how deeply entrenched both Iranian and U.S. forces are there, have left the Iranians with plenty of opportunities to harass America and its allies if they choose.

Iranian forces or their proxies operate close by U.S. and U.S.-backed forces in both Iraq and Syria. Iran routinely threatens to disrupt the world oil trade through the Strait of Hormuz off its coast; its aligned forces in Yemen and the Gaza Strip directly threaten U.S. allies in Saudi Arabia and Israel with rocket attacks...

The U.S. has some 2,000 troops in Syria, where Iran and its proxies have a physical military presence; 5,000 security forces in Iraq, where the Islamic Republic remains an influential player; and 14,000 troops in Afghanistan, where Tehran has made common cause with the Taliban in the fight against ISIS. Iran has the means to escalate tensions in any of these countries...

Iranian proxies could also fire rockets against U.S. bases in Iraq and Syria. Last September, Iranian-backed militias struck the U.S. consulate in Basra, forcing its evacuation, and the U.S. embassy in Baghdad. And in the Persian Gulf, U.S. officials have in recent years cited unsafe or harassing maneuvers by Iranian drones and boats against U.S. planes and ships—in 2016, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps briefly captured 10 U.S. sailors at sea...

Finally, and most important, there is the world oil trade, which relies heavily on the Strait of Hormuz. Some 18.5 million barrels per day flow through the narrow waterway between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula. After the U.S. in late April threatened with sanctions anyone importing Iranian oil in an effort to drive the Islamic Republic’s oil exports to zero, Iran warned it could close the strait, a move that would wreak havoc on the global economy...

Iran is perhaps better positioned to harass American allies in the region, namely Israel and Saudi Arabia. Tehran supports the Palestinian militant group Hamas, which in recent days launched some 600 rockets toward Israel from its territory in the Gaza Strip. Iran could also encourage the Houthis in Yemen, another of its regional allies, to start targeting Saudi and Emirati oil shipments headed to Europe. (The two countries have taken over Iran’s market share following the imposition of U.S. sanctions.) The Houthis have already launched rockets at Saudi Arabia during their ongoing war against the country’s internationally recognized government, which the Saudis back...

Source

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #37 - May 8th, 2019 at 2:24pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Rouhani’s Warning to Trump

At a session of the Iranian cabinet on Wednesday, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani had stern words for the United States. Stressing his ongoing support for the 2015 deal that curtailed Iran’s nuclear program, he argued that “American hard-liners, Zionism, and regional reactionaries” had undermined it. If the parties to the agreement, including the United States, do not “come to negotiation table and meet our main interests, especially in oil and banking fields,” he warned, Iran would resume production of highly enriched uranium...

Source

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #38 - May 8th, 2019 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
"He added, “Today, an extremist group that is running the affairs in the White House has taken the authority from even the president, and this has made problems not only for the peoples of the region, but also America’s friends in Europe, Canada, and Mexico.”"

Valerie is back in the WH?

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #39 - May 9th, 2019 at 11:03am
Print Post  

Quote:
U.S. may deploy more weapons to the Middle East

MORE WEAPONS ON THE WAY? The Trump administration is considering deploying more military hardware in the Middle East to counter what Washington says are “credible” threats against U.S. forces by Iran, per The Associated Press.

As B-52 bombers land in the area and as the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group steams toward the Middle East, the U.S. may send even more bombers and Patriot missiles, sources said.

Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) on Wednesday criticized top Pentagon leaders for leaving Congress out of the loop on the deployments, our colleague Connor O’Brien writes.

“[I]t took the department more than two days to share any information … Frankly, I think that’s unacceptable,” Reed said.

“We should be more timely,” acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan responded.

Meanwhile, the head of U.S. Central Command laid out the overall threat from Iran in an address Wednesday, our own Wesley Morgan reports.

“The long-term, enduring, most significant threat to stability in the Central Command area of responsibility is Iran,” Gen. Kenneth McKenzie said at a conference hosted by the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.

FDD later released a report saying Iran was working on a “shock wave generator” for nuclear weapons in secret. Read that report here.

And this morning, NBC News reports that Iran told its proxy forces that they may begin attacking U.S. troops in the region.

“Among the specific threats the U.S. military is now tracking are possible missile attacks by Iranian dhows, or small ships, in the Persian Gulf; attacks in Iraq by Iranian-trained Shia militia groups; and attacks against U.S. ships by the Houthi rebels in Yemen.”

Source

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › WH Designates IRGC a Foreign Terrorist Organization

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog