Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › "Spying Did Occur"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) "Spying Did Occur" (Read 473 times)
Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: "Spying Did Occur"
Reply #20 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:04am:
Any evidence of any illegal activities by the two lovebirds?

Any evidence AT ALL about any ILLEGAL spying?

Greg

So let me get this straight, you are ok with Mueller investigating Trump but not Barr investigating what led up to this?  Seems a tad bit hypocritical.  I mean I would think you would be all for more investigations.  Seems to be some paranoia here.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #21 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:12am:
So let me get this straight, you are ok with Mueller investigating Trump but not Barr investigating what led up to this?  Seems a tad bit hypocritical.  I mean I would think you would be all for more investigations.  Seems to be some paranoia here.

Did you forget there's ALREADY an IG investigation going on with this?

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:20am:
Did you forget there's ALREADY an IG investigation going on with this?

Greg

So!  How many investigations are on going with Trump?  What is one more regarding this issue.  I think you are protesting too much.  If there is nothing to be found then who cares, if not, then we go from there.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #23 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 7:06am:
Sure ..  as much as Trump was 'spied' on..

In what way is he spying? 

forgotten centrist wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 10:39am:
The FBI had "spied" on Page before.  He was known to be in frequent contact with Russian agents.  They had an active file on him, long before the Steele dossier.

Trump hired him.  The FBI warned the Trump campaign that Russians might be trying to infiltrate them.  The surveillance was done on Russians communicating with Trump associates.  They were conducting counter-intel.  It was (and is) their job to monitor Russian communications here.  If a Russian agent calls a US citizen, there is no law forcing them to stop surveillance to protect that citizen's rights.  That would defeat the entire purpose of counter-intel!

So sounds like a Yes from you and Fiddler.

Ulysses wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 10:44am:
Then why does the DT side keep accusing the Obama admin of wrongdoing, of unjustified spying on the DT campaign?

Easy. It's DT's modus operandi: accuse your opposition of exactly what  your side is guilty of. Political theater at its most egregious.

Only suckers believe DT.

Are you accusing Trump (without evidence) of spying on a rival party campaign?

Greg55_99 wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 10:45am:
Trump says the spying was "illegal":

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Trump-alleges-there-was--illegal-spying--during-h...

How is going to a judge to obtain a warrant "illegal"?

Greg

Not saying it happened, but one way is to lie about or omit key facts when presenting your case to the judge.

Demos wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 10:58am:
Define "spying" (which is a loaded term with a lot of baggage).

If we're talking about the FISA warrants, then yes, it did occur, and it occurred after a surveillance warrant was applied for and issued.

And as long as we're interested in accuracy, I'm pretty sure Carter Page was no longer on Trump's campaign when the "spying" occurred.

I would define it as actions to follow, track, listen to or watch a person or their private "papers", etc. without their knowledge.

And Carter Page might not have been a part of the campaign, but didn't Manafort have his phone calls surveilled while he was part of the campaign?  I may be wrong about that, but I thought that was the report that was supposed to have "vindicated" Trump on his tower wire taps claim.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #24 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 4:48pm
Print Post  

wyattstorch2004 wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 2:24pm:
I would define it as actions to follow, track, listen to or watch a person or their private "papers", etc. without their knowledge.

That's reasonable, but again "spying" is a loaded term with some definite negative connotations, which don't necessarily apply to what was done (though I think that is why the administration has used the term).

Quote:
And Carter Page might not have been a part of the campaign, but didn't Manafort have his phone calls surveilled while he was part of the campaign?  I may be wrong about that, but I thought that was the report that was supposed to have "vindicated" Trump on his tower wire taps claim.

The surveillance of Manafort had been off and on since 2014. And he was also reportedly not under surveillance when he, Kushner, etc. met with the Russian lawyer (whatever her name is). (Source)  Based on the reporting, it doesn't look like he was under surveillance while he was actually with the campaign.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #25 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 4:48pm:
That's reasonable, but again "spying" is a loaded term with some definite negative connotations, which don't necessarily apply to what was done (though I think that is why the administration has used the term).

It has negative connotations, but I would say it deserves them.  Whether proper or not, the spied upon party almost necessarily sees it as a bad thing.  Otherwise there would be no need to spy, as it would be easier to simply ask for the info.

Quote:
The surveillance of Manafort had been off and on since 2014. And he was also reportedly not under surveillance when he, Kushner, etc. met with the Russian lawyer (whatever her name is). (Source)  Based on the reporting, it doesn't look like he was under surveillance while he was actually with the campaign.

I want to say it is Vesilnitzkaya.  Or something.  I remember being annoyed when typing it many times in older threads.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa...

This article mentions the renewed wiretapping of Manafort in 2016, but their source (not really suprisingly) knew it didn't occur during the famous meeting, but didn't know when it started.

Given the source of the article, I wouldn't be surprised if they really knew the start date, but it didn't fit their narrative.

Anyway, I guess that is what Barr is looking to figure out.  One would think that he has access to that start date already, though.

An interesting story for sure.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 4:19am:
How ironic.

Archie calling other posters "dummies"...

Sad.

I am having trouble getting the answer to this problem. Maybe you can help me.

P = NP

In computational complexity theory, P, also known as PTIME or DTIME(nO(1)), is a fundamental complexity class. It contains all decision problems that can be solved by a deterministic Turing machine using a polynomial amount of computation time, or polynomial time.

In computational complexity theory, an NP-complete decision problem is one belonging to both the NP and the NP-hard complexity classes. In this context, NP stands for "nondeterministic polynomial time". The set of NP-complete problems is often denoted by NP-C or NPC. In computational complexity theory, an NP-complete decision problem is one belonging to both the NP and the NP-hard complexity classes. In this context, NP stands for "nondeterministic polynomial time". The set of NP-complete problems is often denoted by NP-C or NPC.

Be nice. Help me out here.

Sad Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Yeti
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Funky Claude From Montreux

Reply #27 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 1:28am
Print Post  
We can be pedantic and parse words but people did listen in on the Trump campaign unbeknownst to the campaign. That is spying. The issue is was it warranted.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

What's the frequency,
Kenneth?

Reply #28 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 1:57am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:08pm:
I am having trouble getting the answer to this problem. Maybe you can help me.

P = NP

In computational complexity theory, P, also known as PTIME or DTIME(nO(1)), is a fundamental complexity class. It contains all decision problems that can be solved by a deterministic Turing machine using a polynomial amount of computation time, or polynomial time.

In computational complexity theory, an NP-complete decision problem is one belonging to both the NP and the NP-hard complexity classes. In this context, NP stands for "nondeterministic polynomial time". The set of NP-complete problems is often denoted by NP-C or NPC. In computational complexity theory, an NP-complete decision problem is one belonging to both the NP and the NP-hard complexity classes. In this context, NP stands for "nondeterministic polynomial time". The set of NP-complete problems is often denoted by NP-C or NPC.

Be nice. Help me out here.

Sad Smiley

I see.

So what is your problem?

"Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia" - Eric Trump, 2014

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 9:35am
Print Post  
admin wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 1:59am:
- the spying is the FISA warrant scandal - the Democrats involved can't deny spying- the FiSA warrants were to do the spying- and likely more spying beyond those warrants- the Democrats involved claim it was legitimate spying but we know now that the FISA warrants were illegally obtained using Hillarys paid for Russian dossier which is political propaganda and not legitimate intel - there were also no Russians to spy on and no one has even claimed there was anyone - the spying by Democrats on Trump was the most dirty political trick to undermine Trumps campaign and to smear him and destroy his Presidency and it was illegal

This is it in a nutshell. It's basically hitlers rise to power, minus the killing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › "Spying Did Occur"

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules