Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Pence: I Worked With Buttigieg For a Long Time...What's the Problem Now?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pence: I Worked With Buttigieg For a Long Time...What's the Problem Now? (Read 55 times)
Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Pence: I Worked With Buttigieg For a Long Time...What's the Problem Now?
Apr 14th, 2019 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
As South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg continues to suggest Vice President Mike Pence is a bigot for his belief in traditional marriage, the latter wonders what happened to their former friendly working relationship. The two worked together when Pence was governor of Indiana, suggesting Buttigieg was clearly aware of Pence's religious beliefs. Yet, since announcing his run for president, Buttigieg has suggested that Pence's quarrel with his lifestyle is not with him, but "with my Creator."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/04/12/pence-i-worked-with-butti...

Under President Clinton the Defense of Marriage Act had bipartisan support when it became law.  In 200 both Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama said they believed in the traditional view of marriage as being between one man and one woman and they supported the Defense of Marriage Act.  Later, Obama's AG, Eric Holder refused to defend the defense of marriage act and it was overturned with the support of the Obama Administration.  Obama lit up the Whitehouse in support of the passage of gay marriage.  Most Christians have quietly and politely accepted the ruling.

The Left is not happy with this.  They now call anyone who holds the traditional view of marriage as it is held by Christians and Jews as homophobic and smear Christians and Jews if they dare to speak out in support of the teachings of their Religion.  Buttigieg is one of these Far Left Homosexual Activists.  Equal Rights only apply to their side, in their minds, and there is no longer any room for those who hold a traditional view of marriage.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Re: Pence: I Worked With Buttigieg For a Long Time...What's the Problem Now?
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Pete Buttigieg knows he won't make it as his party's nominee for President, so he's auditioning to become someone's running mate.  He's demonstrating that he is willing to slam Mike Pence for his Christian beliefs!

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

What's the frequency,
Kenneth?

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
So much bullshit, Wally...

Times have changed. Gay marriage is now legal across America. It doesn't threaten anyone who doesn't want it.

Pence is well within his rights to speak out against it, as is Buttigieg within his rights to give his opinion on Pence's positions, and to assert that he, Buttigieg, is at peace with his Creator no matter how much Pence vilifies gays.

"Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia" - Eric Trump, 2014

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Marriage is a farce to begin with if it simply revolves around the approval of the state.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 3:37pm:
So much bullshit, Wally...

Times have changed. Gay marriage is now legal across America. It doesn't threaten anyone who doesn't want it.

Pence is well within his rights to speak out against it, as is Buttigieg within his rights to give his opinion on Pence's positions, and to assert that he, Buttigieg, is at peace with his Creator no matter how much Pence vilifies gays.

Pence had said nothing about Buttigied.  In fact they are from the same state and he has always been complimentary of Mayor Buttigied.  However, Buttigiegied is making a BFD about Pensce's religious views.

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Yeti
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Funky Claude From Montreux

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Buttigieg is just a leftist version of John Kasich. Sanctimonious and annoying. He's no less radical than Bernie and company and his attacks on Pence are puzzling.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

What's the frequency,
Kenneth?

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Yeti wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 10:05pm:
Buttigieg is just a leftist version of John Kasich. Sanctimonious and annoying. He's no less radical than Bernie and company and his attacks on Pence are puzzling.

Has it ever occurred to you that if Pence wasn't a notoriously sanctimonious homophobe that Buttigieg wouldn't give him much notice?

"Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia" - Eric Trump, 2014

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Pence: I Worked With Buttigieg For a Long Time...What's the Problem Now?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules