Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Dem Lawmakers Meet; Ilhan Omar refused to affirm Israel's right to exit.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dem Lawmakers Meet; Ilhan Omar refused to affirm Israel's right to exit. (Read 61 times)
Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Dem Lawmakers Meet; Ilhan Omar refused to affirm Israel's right to exit.
Apr 15th, 2019 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Another growing divide within the Democrat Party is the division between anti-Semitic Far Left supporters of Palestine and Jewish Democrat Lawmakers.

(snip)

" In the wake of anti-Semitic comments from Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) and several closed-door conferences by Democrats to discuss related issues within the party, Rep. Andy Levin (D., Mich.), a former synagogue president, organized a meeting as "a more formal event that would focus on anti-Semitism." The March 5 meeting of Muslim and Jewish lawmakers was a "moment meant to be about listening and learning" about the "raw experiences" of the elected officials, according to the Post.

Levin invited Omar and her allies Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), Ayanna Pressley (Mass.), and Rashida Tlaib (Mich.) to attend.v "

To help manage the conversation, which was previously unreported, Levin invited Bend the Arc, a left-wing organization deeply critical of Israel and Republicans. In a recent tweet, the group called for Americans to "reject the Islamophobic policies our government is built on."

When a Bend the Arc organizer in the room made a joke "about Jews and money," Rep. Jahana Hayes (D., Conn.) questioned why the facilitator could talk like that when someone like Hayes could not. She later told the Post no one should be making comments of the sort.

"It’s not okay," Hayes said when asked about the specific exchange. "These [sorts of jokes] are off-limits. It’s confusing for someone like me who is trying to learn."

It took nearly two hours before a Democrat brought up the repeated anti-Semitism of Omar, the impetus for the entire conversation. The congresswoman, a member of the Progressive Caucus, has drawn scrutiny and condemnation since taking office in January for a series of anti-Semitic remarks.

Rep. Dean Phillips (D., Minn.), a Jew who represents a district neighboring Omar's, told the room he considered her comments to be "tips of the arrow" of Jew hatred in America. According to "several participants" who spoke to the Post on the condition of anonymity, Phillips asked Omar to apologize and "publicly affirm Israel’s right to exist and protect itself."

Phillips's request that Omar support the right of Jews to exist in the Jewish state and in the United States "stunned the three Muslim Democrats in the room."

Omar did not reply to the Jewish member's request. Instead, one of her allies responded by changing the subject to the Palestinians. Tlaib "grew emotional and started to cry as she spoke of her grandmother’s suffering in the West Bank at the hands of Israelis," according to the Post.

Tlaib has faced scrutiny for ties to anti-Semitism and for anti-Semitic comments of her own. In January, she accused senators supporting pro-Israel policies of acting as if they "represent" a country other than the United States. Maher Abdel-qader, one of Tlaib's top campaign volunteers and fundraisers, promotes anti-Semitic conspiracies.
more... https://freebeacon.com/politics/omar-doesnt-respond-during-dem-meeting-when-aske...

So, there's BLEXIT for Blacks.  Will their be JEXIT for Jews? Roll Eyes

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Re: Dem Lawmakers Meet; Ilhan Omar refused to affirm Israel's right to exit.
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 3:32pm:
Another growing divide within the Democrat Party is the division between anti-Semitic Far Left supporters of Palestine and Jewish Democrat Lawmakers.

(snip)

" In the wake of anti-Semitic comments from Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) and several closed-door conferences by Democrats to discuss related issues within the party, Rep. Andy Levin (D., Mich.), a former synagogue president, organized a meeting as "a more formal event that would focus on anti-Semitism." The March 5 meeting of Muslim and Jewish lawmakers was a "moment meant to be about listening and learning" about the "raw experiences" of the elected officials, according to the Post.

Levin invited Omar and her allies Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), Ayanna Pressley (Mass.), and Rashida Tlaib (Mich.) to attend.v "

To help manage the conversation, which was previously unreported, Levin invited Bend the Arc, a left-wing organization deeply critical of Israel and Republicans. In a recent tweet, the group called for Americans to "reject the Islamophobic policies our government is built on."

When a Bend the Arc organizer in the room made a joke "about Jews and money," Rep. Jahana Hayes (D., Conn.) questioned why the facilitator could talk like that when someone like Hayes could not. She later told the Post no one should be making comments of the sort.

"It’s not okay," Hayes said when asked about the specific exchange. "These [sorts of jokes] are off-limits. It’s confusing for someone like me who is trying to learn."

It took nearly two hours before a Democrat brought up the repeated anti-Semitism of Omar, the impetus for the entire conversation. The congresswoman, a member of the Progressive Caucus, has drawn scrutiny and condemnation since taking office in January for a series of anti-Semitic remarks.

Rep. Dean Phillips (D., Minn.), a Jew who represents a district neighboring Omar's, told the room he considered her comments to be "tips of the arrow" of Jew hatred in America. According to "several participants" who spoke to the Post on the condition of anonymity, Phillips asked Omar to apologize and "publicly affirm Israel’s right to exist and protect itself."

Phillips's request that Omar support the right of Jews to exist in the Jewish state and in the United States "stunned the three Muslim Democrats in the room."

Omar did not reply to the Jewish member's request. Instead, one of her allies responded by changing the subject to the Palestinians. Tlaib "grew emotional and started to cry as she spoke of her grandmother’s suffering in the West Bank at the hands of Israelis," according to the Post.

Tlaib has faced scrutiny for ties to anti-Semitism and for anti-Semitic comments of her own. In January, she accused senators supporting pro-Israel policies of acting as if they "represent" a country other than the United States. Maher Abdel-qader, one of Tlaib's top campaign volunteers and fundraisers, promotes anti-Semitic conspiracies.
more... https://freebeacon.com/politics/omar-doesnt-respond-during-dem-meeting-when-aske...

So, there's BLEXIT for Blacks.  Will their be JEXIT for Jews? Roll Eyes 

Not many Muslims would likely EVER say that Israel has a right to exist, .. such has been the anti-Jewish/anti-Israel brainwashing of most Muslims!   Sad

"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
                David Horowitz

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:01pm:

Not many Muslims would likely EVER say that Israel has a right to exist, .. such has been the anti-Jewish/anti-Israel brainwashing of most Muslims!   Sad

I have to respectfully disagree with you, my friend.  We need to differentiate between Islamists and Muslims, who may be our doctor, nurse or many other Americans in our communities.  (there are so many who are healthcare professionals).  Muslims know that it is dangerous for them to speak out against the Islamist who are making all the noise and all the trouble.  It's worse than being a black woman promoting Blexit! We ought not fall into the trap of seeing all Muslims as MUSCUM; only the Islamists like Ilhan Ohmar and Rashida Tlaib and their frineds in CAIR and The Muslim Brothrhood and HAMAS and Hezbollah.

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Could anyone post up links to the anti semitic comments made by this woman?

We have a lot of accusation on both sides of the Atlantic against left wing politicians,  and as yet I have not been able to get anybody to give me any evidence of anti semitic speech.

Thanks.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:13pm:
I have to respectfully disagree with you, my friend.  We need to differentiate between Islamists and Muslims, who may be our doctor, nurse or many other Americans in our communities.  (there are so many who are healthcare professionals).  Muslims know that it is dangerous for them to speak out against the Islamist who are making all the noise and all the trouble.  It's worse than being a black woman promoting Blexit! We ought not fall into the trap of seeing all Muslims as MUSCUM; only the Islamists like Ilhan Ohmar and Rashida Tlaib and their frineds in CAIR and The Muslim Brothrhood and HAMAS and Hezbollah.

You may, .. it is your choice and your right, BUT, .. I stand by what I said, too, .. in MOST circumstances, is what I am referring to!

I'm NOT talking about Muslim health care professionals either.  Roll Eyes

I'm talking about the average Muslim, .. and THAT makes up the vast MAJORITY of them.  Cool

"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
                David Horowitz

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:35pm:

You may, .. it is your choice and your right, BUT, .. I stand by what I said, too, .. in MOST circumstances, is what I am referring to!

I'm NOT talking about Muslim health care professionals either.  Roll Eyes

I'm talking about the average Muslim, .. and THAT makes up the vast MAJORITY of them.  Cool

That's why immigration has to be merit based and individuals have to be properly vetted and with Muslims they must not be those who promote and advocate Sharia Law, which is incompatible with our liberties and our Constitution.

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:47pm
Print Post  

Limey. wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 4:29pm:
Could anyone post up links to the anti semitic comments made by this woman?

Nope.

But that won't stop the narrative.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Dem Lawmakers Meet; Ilhan Omar refused to affirm Israel's right to exit.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules