Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Problems
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Problems (Read 417 times)
Sundog
LNF Staffer

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Problems
Apr 30th, 2019 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Acts 14:22  -  ...“We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,”... - A lot of people seem to think that it will be smooth sailing after they become Christians, but that's not what the scriptures say. Some might even give up and say "why bother"? This is understandable, and I often feel the same way. But then I go back to remembering the Apostle Paul who wrote much of the new testament. After he became a Christian he traveled widely promoting Christianity and had big problems, many of which would dwarf ours, almost everywhere he  went. As we are told in 1 Peter 4:12 - Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you -. Even  Jesus had some troubles when his father sent him here to be our Savior.     https://whataboutjesus.com/
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2019 at 11:52am by Sundog »  

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Re: Problems
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2019 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Yep, many false teachers out there expecting their "Best Life Now."
Bible believing Christians have had it easy here in America and the West.  The writing on the wall seems to tell us there are hard times ahead.

IP Logged

KSU_Aviator
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

Red pots for jammies

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2019 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
This is why I have never liked prosperity gospel teachers like Joel. God isn't an ATM that delivers secret wealth if you do this one weird trick. That's a side of Christianity that I believe is a false prophecy.

"Making a silent prayer for the innocent people gunned down in El Paso. As well as for all others, past, present, and future, who fall victim to the deranged rantings of Don the Con and our misbegotten gun epidemic. -Ulysses (most disgusting dirt bag on LNF)

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2019 at 9:27am
Print Post  
KSU_Aviator wrote on May 23rd, 2019 at 11:37pm:
This is why I have never liked prosperity gospel teachers like Joel. God isn't an ATM that delivers secret wealth if you do this one weird trick. That's a side of Christianity that I believe is a false prophecy.

It's not even part of Christianity.  It's heresy.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2019 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Every book in the New Testament says we will suffer.  It is because of the hatred of the Gospel by the world. 

John 15:18-25 New International Version (NIV)
The World Hates the Disciples
18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2019 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Australia's Rugby Union Players' Association (RUPA) will convene a 'faith review' to establish clearer guidelines for religious expression in the wake of Israel Folau's sacking.
Former Wallabies fullback Folau, a fundamentalist Christian, had his four-year contract terminated last week for a social media post that said hell awaits 'drunks, homosexuals, adulterers' and others.
Rugby Australia's hard-line stance angered conservative Christians in Australia and upset some of Folau's former Wallabies team mates, who share his Pacific islands heritage and religious beliefs.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7052785/Australian-players-...

They asked him to remove his remarks from his page and he refused.  As a result he was dismissed from his multi-million dollar contract by the league.  This man stood on his faith and lost his career.  How many of us would do this?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2019 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 25th, 2019 at 11:23pm:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7052785/Australian-players-...

They asked him to remove his remarks from his page and he refused.  As a result he was dismissed from his multi-million dollar contract by the league.  This man stood on his faith and lost his career.  How many of us would do this?

Based on my understanding of Jesus's definition of adulterer, there aren't many, if any, males that don't fit it, and probably not many females.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2019 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on May 27th, 2019 at 2:47pm:
Based on my understanding of Jesus's definition of adulterer, there aren't many, if any, males that don't fit it, and probably not many females.

Based on the 10 Commandments we can safely assume everyone has broken God's law.  The law points us to the cross, only through Jesus can men be saved and by no other name.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Problems

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules