Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Despite right wing propaganda. Social Security is good for retirees
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Despite right wing propaganda. Social Security is good for retirees (Read 2,863 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: Despite right wing propaganda. Social Security is good for retirees
Reply #60 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 6:59pm:
Are you saying our government is incapable of doing what the UK has been able to do since WWII? Namely, provide health care to ALL, at 1/2 the cost per capita of American healthcare, with twice as good health outcomes as we get in America.

How is that a condemnation of government run health care?

Health care is not a right. It's something you should take responsibility for.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #61 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 6:57pm:
Actually, Wyatt's argument boils down to Grandma not getting any health care. As Wadsworth stated, she has no savings, no investments. In effect Wyatt's "solution" means she gets no health care, except perhaps Medicaid for the indigent, and even that is under attack from the Right. No straw man needed, the reality of being poor in America is bad enough.

No, that doesn't work either. It's a straw man.

Wadsworth rhetorically asked if Wyatt had a problem with grandma getting health care.

Obviously Wyatt doesn't have that problem because he laid out a plan for grandma to get it. Maybe his plan is insane, but then attack the plan, not insist that he "has a problem" with grandma getting health care.

Wadsworth said it wasn't a straw man because Wyatt didn't have a plan, not (as you now say) because the plan he has (which shouldn't exist) would lead to grandma to not having health care.

The accusation that Wyatt has a problem with grandma getting health care is a classic straw man tactic. Retconning it doesn't change that.

Wadsworth's response to me showed he either didn't read, didn't remember, or didn't understand Wyatt's plan.

Now I really am off. Night!

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #62 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 2:58pm:
AND YOU HAVEA PROBLEM WITH GRANDMA getting healthcare?

What gave you such a stupid idea?

You said that the grandchildren can barely take care of themselves, and I pointed out that these programs force those grandchildren -- the ones you just said can barely take care of themselves -- to give up, between them and their employer, 12.4% of their income for social security and another 2.9% for Medicare.

Ulysses wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 6:57pm:
Actually, Wyatt's argument boils down to Grandma not getting any health care. As Wadsworth stated, she has no savings, no investments. In effect Wyatt's "solution" means she gets no health care, except perhaps Medicaid for the indigent, and even that is under attack from the Right. No straw man needed, the reality of being poor in America is bad enough.

Please take my solution that Maestro aptly pointed out and tell how it, necessarily, leads to "no savings, no investments".  Saving and investment (as opposed to transfer payments) is the entirety of the point of my solution that I laid out.  Social security is the system that provides for no savings and no investment.

Ulysses wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 6:59pm:
Are you saying our government is incapable of doing what the UK has been able to do since WWII? Namely, provide health care to ALL, at 1/2 the cost per capita of American healthcare, with twice as good health outcomes as we get in America.

How is that a condemnation of government run health care?

Can you support the claim that the US government is capable of doing that?  Is that the claim you are making?

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #63 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 7:00pm:
Nice try, but no, that's not going to cut it.

That reply has nothing to do with your subsequent claim that he has no solution and your straw man that he wants grandma to not have healthcare.

This just makes it look like you can't remember what you already posted.

If you're going to make foolish claims, don't do it on the same thread that proves your claim false.

I'm off for the evening. Have a good night.

I responded  to his response to me.  Do you think I am actually supposed to go back to the first page of the thread to respond again to a post that I already respond to?  Maestro, I think you are full of it.

PaleoCon wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:18am:
No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

No self respecting thug would be without his sticker!

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #64 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 7:18pm:
What gave you such a stupid idea?

You said that the grandchildren can barely take care of themselves, and I pointed out that these programs force those grandchildren -- the ones you just said can barely take care of themselves -- to give up, between them and their employer, 12.4% of their income for social security and another 2.9% for Medicare.

Please take my solution that Maestro aptly pointed out and tell how it, necessarily, leads to "no savings, no investments".  Saving and investment (as opposed to transfer payments) is the entirety of the point of my solution that I laid out.  Social security is the system that provides for no savings and no investment.

Can you support the claim that the US government is capable of doing that?  Is that the claim you are making?

So if they have no money to pay FICA and Medicare taxes,  where will they get the funds to put money into an investment account.  Especially when said account is a gamble which I indicated in a previous post.  Easier said than done.  If they don’t choose to open an investment account, what is the alternative?

No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #65 - May 8th, 2019 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 7:29pm:
So if they have no money to pay FICA and Medicare taxes,  where will they get the funds to put money into an investment account.  Especially when said account is a gamble which I indicated in a previous post.  Easier said than done.  If they don’t choose to open an investment account, what is the alternative?

They work harder, improve their income, and/or spend less money until they have the means to save.  Rather than the government strategy to take 15.3% of what little they earn now to pay money to and provide healthcare for Mitt Romney and Warren Buffett.  What an insanely idiotic system.

Personal finance isn't rocket science.  Spend less than you earn and save money.  And without the burden of payroll taxes those on the lowest rungs of the earning ladder might have 15.3% more income with which to save.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #66 - May 8th, 2019 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 7:01pm:
Health care is not a right. It's something you should take responsibility for.

How can you take responsibility for it?

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #67 - May 8th, 2019 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 8:18pm:
They work harder, improve their income, and/or spend less money until they have the means to save.  Rather than the government strategy to take 15.3% of what little they earn now to pay money to and provide healthcare for Mitt Romney and Warren Buffett.  What an insanely idiotic system.

Personal finance isn't rocket science.  Spend less than you earn and save money.  And without the burden of payroll taxes those on the lowest rungs of the earning ladder might have 15.3% more income with which to save.

Yeah, people who don’t get a retirement income and healthcare must not have worked hard.  As I said before, granny does not deserve healthcare, she did not work hard enough

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Representative

Reply #68 - May 8th, 2019 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 8:51pm:
How can you take responsibility for it?

Well, it's easy.  When you can't afford treatment, die.

I mean when it's her turn, she'll refuse to die.... but they all talk big until it happens.

Jasmine, want to sign a contract saying we can terminate your life the moment your means to pay is less than the treatment costs?  After all, why should we shoulder your burden and responsibility.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #69 - May 8th, 2019 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 8:54pm:
Yeah, people who don’t get a retirement income and healthcare must not have worked hard.  As I said before, granny does not deserve healthcare, she did not work hard enough

Way to not address anything you quoted and continue a bogus strawman.

I'll keep checking back if, at some point, you want to actually address what I wrote.

atreyu wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 8:56pm:
Well, it's easy.  When you can't afford treatment, die.

I mean when it's her turn, she'll refuse to die.... but they all talk big until it happens.

Jasmine, want to sign a contract saying we can terminate your life the moment your means to pay is less than the treatment costs?  After all, why should we shoulder your burden and responsibility.

Does the contract allow her to be paid back all the money she has likely paid into the public health system net of anything she has taken out in health benefits?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Despite right wing propaganda. Social Security is good for retirees

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog