Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Pence makes good point
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Pence makes good point (Read 1,119 times)
JohnnyBLate
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Pence makes good point
May 12th, 2019 at 12:54am
Print Post  
  Vice President Pence to graduates: Be prepared to be ridiculed for being Christian

WASHINGTON –The last time Vice President Mike Pence spoke at Liberty University, he used the backdrop of one of the world’s largest Christian schools to vouch for candidate Donald Trump’s faith credentials during the 2016 campaign.

When Pence returned to the school Saturday to deliver the commencement address, his remarks were more personal.

Pence, who has been facing criticisms of his own religious views recently, warned graduates that they have to stay strong against the challenges they’ll get from Hollywood, the media and the secular left.

“Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian beliefs,” Pence said. “Be ready.”
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/vice-president-pence-graduates-prepared-17583988...

Although, regardless of religion, being white (European heritage) is not something to be happy about, let alone proud.

IP Logged

Gnome De Plume
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Re: Pence makes good point
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2019 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Anyone who is not a democrats is ridiculed. They're dumb racist redneck uncle Tom's. You know, deplorable bitter clingers.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #2 - May 12th, 2019 at 7:18am
Print Post  
JohnnyBLate wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 12:54am:
  Vice President Pence to graduates: Be prepared to be ridiculed for being Christian

WASHINGTON –The last time Vice President Mike Pence spoke at Liberty University, he used the backdrop of one of the world’s largest Christian schools to vouch for candidate Donald Trump’s faith credentials during the 2016 campaign.

When Pence returned to the school Saturday to deliver the commencement address, his remarks were more personal.

Pence, who has been facing criticisms of his own religious views recently, warned graduates that they have to stay strong against the challenges they’ll get from Hollywood, the media and the secular left.

“Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian beliefs,” Pence said. “Be ready.”
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/vice-president-pence-graduates-prepared-17583988...

Although, regardless of religion, being white (European heritage) is not something to be happy about, let alone proud.

Yeah, but considering Christians in other countries are routinely jailed and killed for their faith, we should probably not try to ride the victim horse too much.

He's right. There will be ridicule. But I have to be honest. Most, if not all, of the ridicule I've received in my adult life for being a Christian has been indirect: people on TV, the internet, or fictional characters.

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative3

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2019 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 7:18am:
Yeah, but considering Christians in other countries are routinely jailed and killed for their faith, we should probably not try to ride the victim horse too much.

He's right. There will be ridicule. But I have to be honest. Most, if not all, of the ridicule I've received in my adult life for being a Christian has been indirect: people on TV, the internet, or fictional characters.

More consequences related to real life ridicule.

Pence doesn't need anyone to ridicule him as he does a fine job himself.  Smiley

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2019 at 10:37am
Print Post  

Exactly, real people in real life really don’t see your religion as an issue.  At least not here in America.  Pence is instilling fear and doubt into young minds.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2019 at 12:50pm by Wadsworth »  

PaleoCon wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:18am:
No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

No self respecting thug would be without his sticker!

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #5 - May 12th, 2019 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 10:37am:
Exactly, real people in real life really don’t see your religion as an issue.  At least not here in American.  Pence is instilling fear and doubt into young mines

He's mining young minds!  Cheesy

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #6 - May 12th, 2019 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 11:44am:
He's mining young minds! 

Yes.. of course..  Even Jesus knew that you have to get them young..  Adults usually.. cept for folks like you Wally .. aren't gullible enough to fall for such religious nonsense ..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #7 - May 12th, 2019 at 1:06pm
Print Post  

Their attacks are not at us, they are meant for Jesus Christ.  I never see someone mocking my faith as a personal attack.  Their issue, which Fiddler clearly demonstrates, is with God himself.  Sure, they want to think they are attacking us but their words are directed towards their maker.  I have no desire to follow the world's teaching as it is foolishness to God.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #8 - May 12th, 2019 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” - John 15:18, 19

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #9 - May 12th, 2019 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 1:22pm:
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” - John 15:18, 19

Covering your ass with a permission slip to be a victim from Jesus?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Pence makes good point

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog