Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 'We will HIT you in the HEAD!'
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 'We will HIT you in the HEAD!' (Read 919 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: 'We will HIT you in the HEAD!'
Reply #40 - May 14th, 2019 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 7:21am:
Iran has “always been a problem” because the West installed a government for them and they don’t trust the western governments’ intentions ever since.

And “claiming the holocaust is a hoax” is rotten, but can’t reasonably stand as an argument for increased aggression towards a nation.

Your first paragraph is not even remotely telling the whole story...the us, britain etc did a tremendous amount of trade with the shah and there was great modernization going on in iran...there was 1000x more internal conflict between the ousting of the aytollah by the shah, the shahs brutal tactics to squash any dissidents, the iranian intellectuals and students increased support for the exiled ayatollah etc...

to say the US somehow led all of this is ridiculous...if you've spent any time with people there, or had done business there back then, you'd know the people there blamed the brutal tactics and concentration of wealth at the top of the shah that opened the path for support for the exiled ayatollah. Then the latter had his own crazy agenda against the west....

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #41 - May 14th, 2019 at 9:22am
Print Post  
petep wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 9:16am:
Your first paragraph is not even remotely telling the whole story...the us, britain etc did a tremendous amount of trade with the shah and there was great modernization going on in iran...there was 1000x more internal conflict between the ousting of the aytollah by the shah, the shahs brutal tactics to squash any dissidents, the iranian intellectuals and students increased support for the exiled ayatollah etc...

to say the US somehow led all of this is ridiculous...if you've spent any time with people there, or had done business there back then, you'd know the people there blamed the brutal tactics and concentration of wealth at the top of the shah that opened the path for support for the exiled ayatollah. Then the latter had his own crazy agenda against the west....

I take from that a key lesson.

Generally, people would rather have a bad leader who they perceive as one of their own rather than a puppet leader of foreign powers, even if it leads to better economic results.

Buddy_Love wrote on Jul 16th, 2019 at 5:17pm:
I'm fine where I am. I love America. However, you don't like America, so it's you that should leave.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #42 - May 14th, 2019 at 9:32am
Print Post  
A Beryl of Laughs wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 12:10am:
If Russia wants to prop up the middle east, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea I'm fine with that. Let them piss away their own money.

I'm with this idea.  ^^^

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #43 - May 14th, 2019 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 9:22am:
I take from that a key lesson.

Generally, people would rather have a bad leader who they perceive as one of their own rather than a puppet leader of foreign powers, even if it leads to better economic results.

I'd agree that both the us and britain led the "father" shah to step down in favor of his son...but arguably for good reason...under the son the relationship was great for many many years and he had great support - we britain and others did tremendous amounts of trade and sold much military equipment to them/him......it was not until the last 7-10 years that he began to concentrate so much power at the top and squash those who opposed him and the religious leaders....then when carter stopped selling any military equipment to him (which was not a bad move) he went nuts and lost much support while the ayotallah in exile gained it..

this "puppet" gov't you  refer to was liked very much by most for decades, a full generation...till he developed his own agenda for power...

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - May 14th, 2019 at 11:17am
Print Post  
petep wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 9:16am:

Are you for real? The Shah was installed by the US and Britain,  precisely to assist their trade, after the CIA and MI6 arranged for the Iranian people's democratic choice, the elected PM, to be overthrown.

That, at least for the recent past, is the problem.

Only a decade or so earlier,  the UKinvaded Iran and took control of the oilfields at gunpoint, despite Iran's then Government being a friendly neutral.

Do you really honestly not know this stuff?

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #45 - May 14th, 2019 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 11:17am:
Are you for real? The Shah was installed by the US and Britain,  precisely to assist their trade, after the CIA and MI6 arranged for the Iranian people's democratic choice, the elected PM, to be overthrown.

That, at least for the recent past, is the problem.

Only a decade or so earlier,  the UKinvaded Iran and took control of the oilfields at gunpoint, despite Iran's then Government being a friendly neutral.

Do you really honestly not know this stuff?

Have I ever mentioned to you that I have a brother-in-law who is an Iranian?  He met my sister when he and his brother were here on a student visa going to college. At the time of the revolution, they could not go home. The Terrorists and extreme Islamists were hanging people from cranes in the center of Tehran.

My brother-in-law is now an American citizen (and he voted for Trump).  He blames what's happened with the rise of Islamists power directly on America and specifically on Jimmy Carter.  Life under the Shah's rules were far better than life under the rules of the Islamic Theocracy!  When the Terrorists took down the World Trade Center, he told me, "What we must first do, is we must kill all the Mullahs".  It pretty much sums up his opinion of who's & what's responsible for the problems both in Iran and throughout the Middle East.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #46 - May 14th, 2019 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 6:20am:
It’s one thing when certain conservatives do this with a sort of bravado mixed with bad and cliche jokes.

But I think you’re serious, and that makes you a monster and an asshole.

A live ass hole monster. And you would be the dead loser. An enemy that wants to play, in my book, they pay. And pay hard.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #47 - May 14th, 2019 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 1:51am:
Careful,  now, Lionheart, the Kurds are Muslim too.

You don't want people suspecting that you haven't thought things through properly....

Richard the Lion Heart made a mistake by not wearing his armor. He died from an infection caused by an arrow. That is what can happen if even one of your enemy is left alive.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #48 - May 14th, 2019 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 3:30pm:
Richard the Lion Heart made a mistake by not wearing his armor. He died from an infection caused by an arrow. That is what can happen if even one of your enemy is left alive.
Smiley

You're a blithering idiot, with neither morals nor sense.

Your reading of Machiavelli is shallow; try reading More, his contemporary,  for a rather more Christian and intelligent view.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #49 - May 14th, 2019 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 11:50am:
Have I ever mentioned to you that I have a brother-in-law who is an Iranian?  He met my sister when he and his brother were here on a student visa going to college. At the time of the revolution, they could not go home. The Terrorists and extreme Islamists were hanging people from cranes in the center of Tehran.

My brother-in-law is now an American citizen (and he voted for Trump).  He blames what's happened with the rise of Islamists power directly on America and specifically on Jimmy Carter.  Life under the Shah's rules were far better than life under the rules of the Islamic Theocracy!  When the Terrorists took down the World Trade Center, he told me, "What we must first do, is we must kill all the Mullahs".  It pretty much sums up his opinion of who's & what's responsible for the problems both in Iran and throughout the Middle East.

I'm sure he's quite the expert.

I know an Irishman who thinks Ireland should never have left the Empire, and another who did time for helping the IRA kill civilians.

So what?

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 'We will HIT you in the HEAD!'

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules