Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › AG Bill Barr Appoints U.S. Attorney John Durham to Review Origin of Russia Investigat
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) AG Bill Barr Appoints U.S. Attorney John Durham to Review Origin of Russia Investigat (Read 435 times)
Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

AG Bill Barr Appoints U.S. Attorney John Durham to Review Origin of Russia Investigat
May 14th, 2019 at 9:27am
Print Post  
The appointment looks like a way to keep the sensitive inquiry within Barr’s control as opposed to appointing a special counsel.  John H Durham, the U.S. attorney from Connecticut, has handled previous investigations into the intelligence community.

Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful.

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.

His inquiry is the third known investigation focused on the opening of an F.B.I. counterintelligence investigation during the 2016 presidential campaign into possible ties between Russia’s election interference and Trump associates.

The department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, is separately examining investigators’ use of wiretap applications and informants and whether any political bias against Mr. Trump influenced investigative decisions. And John W. Huber, the United States attorney in Utah, has been reviewing aspects of the Russia investigation. His findings have not been announced.

Additionally on Capitol Hill, Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has said he, too, intends to review aspects of law enforcement’s work in the coming months. And Republicans conducted their own inquiries when they controlled the House, including publicizing details of the F.B.I.’s wiretap use.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/us/politics/russia-investigation-justice-depa...

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: AG Bill Barr Appoints U.S. Attorney John Durham to Review Origin of Russia Investigat
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2019 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Oh?  Another one?  That's like, three now...

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: AG Bill Barr Appoints U.S. Attorney John Durham to Review Origin of Russia Investigat
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 9:29am:
Oh?  Another one?  That's like, three now...

Greg

This guy can gather up all the information that others have compiled and bring it before a Grand Jury. Congress cant' do it, neither can the Inspector General.  All Congress and the IG have the power to do is to investigate and make criminal referrals to the DOJ.  AG Barr has appointed this US Attorney to do what those others have no prosecutor power to do.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 10:01am:
This guy can gather up all the information that others have compiled and bring it before a Grand Jury. Congress cant' do it, neither can the Inspector General.  All Congress and the IG have the power to do is to investigate and make criminal referrals to the DOJ.  AG Barr has appointed this US Attorney to do what those others have no prosecutor power to do.

Well, good luck with that.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 10:05am:
Well, good luck with that.

Greg

I'm interested inn truth and justice (and as Superman often said, "the American way"  Wink).  Aren't you?

#Blexit

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:13am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #6 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 10:13am:

this probably shines a bit of light onto what the Attorney General meant when he told Congress that "Spying on the Trump Campaign did occur" and that he's been having his people look into this.  He has previously been appointed by Eric Holder and Janet Reno, to look into matters involving Federal Government employees.

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:32am
Print Post  
I'm all for it.  Let everybody investigate everything that anybody thinks is worth investigating.  And let the reports be made public, redacting only that which should be redacted to protect the privacy of non-public figures. 

The only possible reason I can think of for Der Fuhrer to claim executive privilege over the full Mueller report is he and his toads must be afraid his "total and complete exoneration" might be neither. What do others think?

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Reply #8 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 10:13am:

The clock is running out fast now that John Durham is on the job.  Who's going under the bus first?  Who will be arrest first?    Grin Grin Grin Grin  He has previously investigated law enforcement corruption, the destruction of CIA videotapes, and the Boston FBI office’s relationship with mobsters.  (TICK TOCK)

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #9 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:50am
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 10:42am:
The clock is running out fast now that John Durham is on the job.  Who's going under the bus first?  Who will be arrest first?    Grin Grin Grin Grin  He has previously investigated law enforcement corruption, the destruction of CIA videotapes, and the Boston FBI office’s relationship with mobsters.  (TICK TOCK)

The House Democrats will want to impeach him...fast!

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › AG Bill Barr Appoints U.S. Attorney John Durham to Review Origin of Russia Investigat

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog