Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l (Read 792 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l
May 15th, 2019 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
Former congressman and National Rifle Association board member retired Lt. Col. Allen West called on the gun rights group to replace longtime CEO Wayne LaPierre in a Tuesday blog post amid allegations of lavish spending and financial mismanagement.
West, who represented Florida in the House of Representatives from 2011 to 2013, wrote he was concerned over statements made by new NRA President Carolyn Meadows and others supporting LaPierre in a recent Wall Street Journal article about alleged financial impropriety.
“There is a cabal of cronyism operating within the NRA and that exists within the Board of Directors,” West wrote. “It must cease, and I do not care if I draw their angst. It sickens me to publicly make this statement, but I will not allow anyone to damage my honor, integrity, character, and reputation. Needless to say, there are those who have willingly done so to their own.”
The Journal article described a trove of leaked internal NRA documents posted anonymously online that detailed $542,000 that LaPierre allegedly billed to the group’s ad agency, Ackerman McQueen, for shopping in a Beverly Hills botique, travel, cars and other expenses. The travel allegedly included more than $200,000 in “Air Transportation” costs related to a two-week trip over Christmas to the Bahamas.
In his post, West said he was not “told, advised, informed or consulted” of the details mentioned in the story. Meadows said the board “is fully aware of these issues” and that “We have full confidence in Wayne LaPierre,” according to the Journal.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nra-board-member-lt-col-allen-west-calls-on-ceo-lapie...
Looks like the chickens are coming to roost.

PaleoCon wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:18am:
No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

No self respecting thug would be without his sticker!

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2019 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Not seeing where it says what is claimed in the title. The "unable to exits" part.

IP Logged

KSU_Aviator
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

Red pots for jammies

Re: NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l
Reply #2 - May 15th, 2019 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Actual headline: NRA Board member calls on CEO LaPierre to resign amid spending allegations

So this financial crisis is nothing more than one guy allegedly embezzling money and it isn't over $1 million worth.

Such a sad attempt to tarnish such a wonderful organization.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2019 at 9:35am
Print Post  
So someone lied and embellished a title much like that person accuses others of doing.  Undecided

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2019 at 10:56am
Print Post  
KSU_Aviator wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 9:33am:
and it isn't over $1 million worth. .

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well.. as long as it wasn't over a million..  You nitwit ..

Maybe Alexander Torshin will bail them out again..

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2019 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 9:21am:

I cannot say this displeases me. The NRA, prior to the 1960s, was a wonderful organization. It had a 'Boy Scouts' attitude toward firearms. Now it is the spokes-organization of the gun manufacturers, putting sales over safety, and a lobbying element of the far Right.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - May 15th, 2019 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 11:05am:
I cannot say this displeases me. The NRA, prior to the 1960s, was a wonderful organization. It had a 'Boy Scouts' attitude toward firearms. Now it is the spokes-organization of the gun manufacturers, putting sales over safety, and a lobbying element of the far Right.

That's true.  They were OK when they were more concerned about gun safety than gun sales

PaleoCon wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:18am:
No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

No self respecting thug would be without his sticker!

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2019 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 11:05am:
cannot say this displeases me. The NRA, prior to the 1960s, was a wonderful organization. It had a 'Boy Scouts' attitude toward firearms. Now it is the spokes-organization of the gun manufacturers, putting sales over safety, and a lobbying element of the far Right.

Before the 1960s, the sleazy idiots on the left weren't trying to ban or restrict our rights; now they are and we need the NRA to fight off those animals.  Do you not realize that powerful guns have been available to public long before the 1960s, and yet we somehow avoided the violence that fuels the left's insanity over guns? The left helped create the crisis with their moral relativism and their drive for government dependency. Guns are not the problem, just a tool utilized by the amoral thugs.

The NRA represents all of  the normal decent folks who resists the left's moral perversion.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #8 - May 15th, 2019 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 12:37pm:
Before the 1960s, the sleazy idiots on the left weren't trying to ban or restrict our rights; now they are and we need the NRA to fight off those animals.  Do you not realize that powerful guns have been available to public long before the 1960s, and yet we somehow avoided the violence that fuels the left's insanity over guns? The left helped create the crisis with their moral relativism and their drive for government dependency. Guns are not the problem, just a tool utilized by the amoral thugs.

The NRA represents all of  the normal decent folks who resists the left's moral perversion.

Wow.

I think you should read up on the history of the NRA. For most of its existence, it was FOR gun control.

http://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

IP Logged

KSU_Aviator
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

Red pots for jammies

Reply #9 - May 15th, 2019 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 10:56am:
Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well.. as long as it wasn't over a million..  You nitwit ..

Maybe Alexander Torshin will bail them out again..

They bring in $367 million a year. Less than $1 million in fraud isn’t a financial crisis. Most people can deduce that without it being spelled out. Apparently you don’t meet that standard.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules