Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l (Read 626 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l
Reply #10 - May 15th, 2019 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
KSU_Aviator wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 2:08pm:
They bring in $367 million a year. Less than $1 million in fraud isn’t a financial crisis. Most people can deduce that without it being spelled out. Apparently you don’t meet that standard.

Quote:
The leaked documents, the authenticity of which ABC News has not been able to verify, included letters that appear to show former NRA president Lt. Col. Oliver North, who was recently ousted amid a dispute with LaPierre, raised serious concerns with the organization's audit committee about $24 million in legal fees paid to Brewer's legal firm over the past year.

The unverified documents also include letters to LaPierre from William Winkler, chief financial officer of longtime ad agency Ackerman McQueen, seeking more information about LaPierre's personal spending through the agency -- particularly $274,965.03 in wardrobe expenses made at high-end retailer Zegna in Beverly Hills and $267,460.53 of primarily travel expenses on trips to the Bahamas, Palm Beach, New York, Los Angeles, Reno, Budapest and Italy.

The latter total also includes $13,804.84 to rent an apartment for three months in Fairfax, Virginia, that according to one letter, LaPierre "required [Ackerman McQueen] rent" and "billed to the NRA" for a young woman who, according to LinkedIn, was then an intern at the organization. She is still employed by the NRA, according to LinkedIn.

https://abc7chicago.com/nra-board-member-imperative-to-clean-house-move-on-from-...

Sounds like a little more than a million

wyattstorch2004 wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 8:18pm:
They work harder, improve their income, and/or spend less money until they have the means to save.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Re: NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l
Reply #11 - May 15th, 2019 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
KSU_Aviator wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 2:08pm:
They bring in $367 million a year.

Sure... Bilking rubes out of their hard earned money is surprisingly easy .. so why are they going broke..?

IP Logged

KSU_Aviator
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

Red pots for jammies

Reply #12 - May 15th, 2019 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 2:21pm:

That’s still not a financial crisis. That’s debatable expenses. If he is guilty of fraud, he will be held accountable. But nothing you or anyone else has posted amounts to a financial crisis or the NRA claiming it can’t exists as the OP title states.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2019 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
KSU_Aviator wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 2:33pm:
That’s still not a financial crisis. That’s debatable expenses. If he is guilty of fraud, he will be held accountable. But nothing you or anyone else has posted amounts to a financial crisis or the NRA claiming it can’t exists as the OP title states.

That's been a given snce last year

NRA says it faces financial ruin in lawsuit against New York state
https://www.nola.com/national_politics/2018/08/nra_says_its_faces_financial_r.ht...

They work harder, improve their income, and/or spend less money until they have the means to save.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #14 - May 15th, 2019 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 9:21am:

Wink
I sent my donation to help. I am sure all the other members will too. We know that we need the NRA to protect our 2nd amendment. This way we won’t have to drag all the anti-gunner democrats out of the house and put them against a wall and shoot them.
Roll Eyes
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #15 - May 15th, 2019 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 12:55pm:
Wow.I think you should read up on the history of the NRA. For most of its existence, it was FOR gun control.
http://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

I don't dispute that their earlier history is a mess; I would not have been a part of the organization if I were around in those days.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - May 15th, 2019 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 6:02pm:
Wink
I sent my donation to help. I am sure all the other members will too. We know that we need the NRA to protect our 2nd amendment. This way we won’t have to drag all the anti-gunner democrats out of the house and put them against a wall and shoot them.
Roll Eyes
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Yeah, send all your money to Lapierre and continue to support his lavish lifestyle.  Way to go.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - May 15th, 2019 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
if there were no NRA, and no gun lobby, do you think gun restrictions for civilians would be far greater than they are today...maybe limitations on number of guns, or calibers, or who, or where, or maybe outright bans in all or certain places...

I just wonder how far some would take it if there were not opposition...

and would it be good for citizens if many gun related rights were stripped...

and I acknowledge on many if not most things opposing forces are generally good to keep balance...on both sides...

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Representative

Reply #18 - May 15th, 2019 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 10:56am:
Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well.. as long as it wasn't over a million..  You nitwit ..

Maybe Alexander Torshin will bail them out again..

Came in to say the same. Got beaten again.

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Representative

Reply #19 - May 15th, 2019 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 6:38pm:
I don't dispute that their earlier history is a mess; I would not have been a part of the organization if I were around in those days.

So when they went full Russian you were like, 'sign me up boss'!

Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: l

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules