Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Net costs of the illegal alien invasion
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Net costs of the illegal alien invasion (Read 355 times)
forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Re: Net costs of the illegal alien invasion
Reply #10 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 1:48pm:
Why not make fences and walls illegal since we seem to think they are not effective.

I have seen fox news run footage, multiple times, of unwashed migrants climbing up, straddling, and climbing down walls and fences.  This being part of the ongoing campaign to drum up support for, uh, building walls and fences.  The cognitive disconnect is apparently as lost on you as it is on the editors at fox news.

Trump himself was howling over a security breach in which a thousand migrants entered illegally from Tijuana.  Through a "hole" in the wall down there.

And let's not forget that more than half of illegal immigration happens when people just over-stay their tourist visas.

The democrats might be petty for stonewalling on this, but Trump is clearly flailing.  His logic doesn't stand up under a moment's thoughtful scrutiny.  He's not making e-verify mandatory, he's not addressing those visa-overstays, he's ignoring the roots driving this refugee crisis, and he's ignoring the lessons learned in slashing illegal immigration by Mexicans to near zero.

Trump's wall isn't a solution -- it's a photo-op.  He doesn't CARE if immigration stops.  He himself PROFITS from illegal immigration.  His corporate patrons (those outside of Russia) will most certainly not let him shut down this flow of sub-market labor.

For the life of me I don't know why one of the democratic candidates isn't spelling this all out.  Illegal immigration is a legitimate issue, and a complex one.  It can only be fixed by getting our best ideas together and hammering out a grand bargain.  Trump has NO IDEA what that even means.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #11 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 11:02am:
Until we talk about the cost to build a wall and then it's too expensive.

I thought is was Mexico paying for it? Was that a lie? Or what?

Queshank:
  • Trump... He's the dictator those who find self governance too difficult have been waiting for.
  • Trump supporters... They finally have the dictator they've been longing for to put their anger and spite into action.
  • We need to go back to pretending a wall on the southern border is about immigration of all people's not just brown ones.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #12 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 1:15pm:
I am for it, it will curb the number of illegals entering the country as additional measures to control entry.  Putting aside the hatred for Trump, Obama was building walls.  It is irrational to be so blinded by one's hatred for a President, that now it is wrong for us to control our borders simply because that is what he wants to do.   Roll Eyes

What "hatred" in this case? It was stated countless times that Mexico will pay. I personally don't have a strong opinion on a wall one way or the other. I don't see it working, but we waste money all the time so whatever. But I DO have a problem with the clear in our faces LIE that Mexico would pay and the Trump-slaves now wanting to tax me to pay for it and laughing about how Trump was never really serious, or Mexico will "eventually" pay, or we really really need it so it is money well spent, or whatever the excuse is. Should not have lied about the funding and then shit on everyone who said WTF, when it turned into a purely US tax-payer funded project.

Queshank:
  • Trump... He's the dictator those who find self governance too difficult have been waiting for.
  • Trump supporters... They finally have the dictator they've been longing for to put their anger and spite into action.
  • We need to go back to pretending a wall on the southern border is about immigration of all people's not just brown ones.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #13 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:33pm:
I have seen fox news run footage, multiple times, of unwashed migrants climbing up, straddling, and climbing down walls and fences.  This being part of the ongoing campaign to drum up support for, uh, building walls and fences.  The cognitive disconnect is apparently as lost on you as it is on the editors at fox news.

Trump himself was howling over a security breach in which a thousand migrants entered illegally from Tijuana.  Through a "hole" in the wall down there.

And let's not forget that more than half of illegal immigration happens when people just over-stay their tourist visas.

The democrats might be petty for stonewalling on this, but Trump is clearly flailing.  His logic doesn't stand up under a moment's thoughtful scrutiny.  He's not making e-verify mandatory, he's not addressing those visa-overstays, he's ignoring the roots driving this refugee crisis, and he's ignoring the lessons learned in slashing illegal immigration by Mexicans to near zero.

Trump's wall isn't a solution -- it's a photo-op.  He doesn't CARE if immigration stops.  He himself PROFITS from illegal immigration.  His corporate patrons (those outside of Russia) will most certainly not let him shut down this flow of sub-market labor.

For the life of me I don't know why one of the democratic candidates isn't spelling this all out.  Illegal immigration is a legitimate issue, and a complex one.  It can only be fixed by getting our best ideas together and hammering out a grand bargain.  Trump has NO IDEA what that even means.

You're a dolt, and this has been explained many times.  No wall ever built couldn't in some way have been gone over/through/under.  Then why have walls been built, from ancient times up till the present?  Because a wall is to SLOW PEOPLE DOWN till other means can be brought in to stop them, to make it more complicated to trespass.  You might as well ask why do people use locks - any of them can be picked or broken.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #14 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:45pm:
till other means can be brought in to stop them, to make it more complicated to trespass. 

What other 'means' ?..  Be specific.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #15 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:52pm:
What other 'means' ?..  Be specific.

Duhhhhhhhhh ........ border patrols in, like, jeeps and stuff......duhhhhh....

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #16 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:54pm:
Duhhhhhhhhh ........ border patrols in, like, jeeps and stuff......duhhhhh....

You said.. " till other means can be brought in to stop them" those "other means" being "border patrols in, like, jeeps and stuff"

Why not do those first so we Mexico doesn't waste billion$ on a wall..

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #17 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:59pm:
You said.. " till other means can be brought in to stop them" those "other means" being "border patrols in, like, jeeps and stuff"

Why not do those first so we Mexico doesn't waste billion$ on a wall..

Cuz......duhhhhhhhhhhh........if there's no wall to slow them down till the border patrol gets there, they'll like........duhhhhh.... just run across......duhhhh..........

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #18 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:14pm
Print Post  

There's already existing fencing and other barriers (including set up to create choke points) to slow people down.

Maybe, before building new wall, we should prioritize modernizing and updating our ports of entry, which has been repeatedly been requested by CBP.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 1:15pm:
I am for it, it will curb the number of illegals entering the country as additional measures to control entry.  Putting aside the hatred for Trump, Obama was building walls.  It is irrational to be so blinded by one's hatred for a President, that now it is wrong for us to control our borders simply because that is what he wants to do.   Roll Eyes

I think Trump is a board certified clown and buffoon, and anybody who believed him when he said Mexico would pay for his wall is probably one, too, but I don't hate any of them. I feel sorry for them sometimes, but I don't hate them.

There are lots of ways to "control the border," and last time I heard not a single representative from a state in which that wall would be built was for it.  Could be one or two that are, but not many.

Now why would that be, do you think?  Just as hating Trump is no reason to be against what he wants, neither is loving him a reason to be for everything he wants.  The man does not think. He just pushes buttons.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/not-many-people-border-really-want-d...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-border-wall-every-congressperson-along-south...

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Net costs of the illegal alien invasion

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules