Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Net costs of the illegal alien invasion
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Net costs of the illegal alien invasion (Read 486 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Net costs of the illegal alien invasion
Reply #20 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:14pm:
There's already existing fencing and other barriers (including set up to create choke points) to slow people down.

Maybe, before building new wall, we should prioritize modernizing and updating our ports of entry, which has been repeatedly been requested by CBP.

The existing wall, only the most feeble fence in some places, and with huge gaps in others, is entirely inadequate.  ALL the aspects of illegal and legal  immigration need to be updated, including:

- Effective Everify and enforcement to punish scofflaw employers
- An end to the absurd immigration lottery
- Proof of legal residence before money can be wired back to problem countries
- An end to anchor baby citizenship, including "maternity hotels"
- Forbidding ERs to treat non-emergency medical issues
- Forbidding hospitals to cost-shift illegals' medical expenses

Lots more I can think of.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #21 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:18pm:
I think Trump is a board certified clown and buffoon, and anybody who believed him when he said Mexico would pay for his wall is probably one, too, but I don't hate any of them. I feel sorry for them sometimes, but I don't hate them.

There are lots of ways to "control the border," and last time I heard not a single representative from a state in which that wall would be built was for it.  Could be one or two that are, but not many.

Now why would that be, do you think?  Just as hating Trump is no reason to be against what he wants, neither is loving him a reason to be for everything he wants.  The man does not think. He just pushes buttons.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/not-many-people-border-really-want-d...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-border-wall-every-congressperson-along-south...

Open borders is a disaster.  Walls as well as electronic surveillance, enforcing laws, doing away with sanctuary cities... all help to radically reduce our current rate of over 1 million just for this year alone.  Putting aside what you think of Trump and asking your legislators to focus more on issues rather then Trump obsession would go a very long way.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #22 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:29pm
Print Post  

patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
The existing wall, only the most feeble fence in some places, and with huge gaps in others, is entirely inadequate.

Some of those gaps are intentional. 

The point about prioritizing modernizing our ports of entry is that most of the drugs are smuggled through those and you have large numbers of people smuggled through the ports of entry as well.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #23 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:29pm:
Some of those gaps are intentional. 

??

Quote:
The point about prioritizing modernizing our ports of entry is that most of the drugs are smuggled through those and you have large numbers of people smuggled through the ports of entry as well.

Yaaa, deal with that too.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #24 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:40pm
Print Post  

patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:33pm:
??

A lot of the current fencing was built to create choke points. In essence, the fencing would channel people to certain points, allowing border patrol to apprehend people.

Quote:
Yaaa, deal with that too.

CBP has been asking for that money for a while ($5 billion was the last estimate I saw). It needs to be done, and it should be prioritized over everything else in terms of spending and appropriations. After that we can talk about replacing the current fencing, etc.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #25 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:45pm:
You're a dolt, and this has been explained many times.  No wall ever built couldn't in some way have been gone over/through/under.  Then why have walls been built, from ancient times up till the present?  Because a wall is to SLOW PEOPLE DOWN till other means can be brought in to stop them, to make it more complicated to trespass.  You might as well ask why do people use locks - any of them can be picked or broken.

Trump is not talking about adding surveillance or adding staff on patrols, he's talking wall.  Most of his fan-base are the same way.  But a wall will fail to stop the flow, just as our war on drugs has failed.  Interdiction can only ever be a token solution.  An honest reckoning would include everything else I mentioned (and which you ignored).

That's why this is a sham.  If he does build wall, he's going to run a "promises made, promises kept" campaign rally tour, declare "mission accomplished", and that will be that.  But it will fail to make any significant dent in the actual problem.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #26 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:06pm:
Cuz......duhhhhhhhhhhh........if there's no wall to slow them down till the border patrol gets there, they'll like........duhhhhh.... just run across......duhhhh..........

You haven't really thought this through, have you?

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:28pm:
Open borders is a disaster.  Walls as well as electronic surveillance, enforcing laws, doing away with sanctuary cities... all help to radically reduce our current rate of over 1 million just for this year alone.  Putting aside what you think of Trump and asking your legislators to focus more on issues rather then Trump obsession would go a very long way.

We don't have "open borders."  These congresspersons, especially the R one, are focussing on issues, and the issue they're focussing on is Trump's wall is an expensive, ineffective solution to a problem that is not as bad as he, Trump, says it is. 

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
It’s a bit like debating the cost benefit off running red lights or speeding. It’s against the law

We have a legal immigration process

Or write new laws whereby our borders are open.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #29 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 4:33am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:50pm:
Trump is not talking about adding surveillance or adding staff on patrols, he's talking wall.  Most of his fan-base are the same way.  But a wall will fail to stop the flow, just as our war on drugs has failed.  Interdiction can only ever be a token solution.  An honest reckoning would include everything else I mentioned (and which you ignored).

That's why this is a sham.  If he does build wall, he's going to run a "promises made, promises kept" campaign rally tour, declare "mission accomplished", and that will be that.  But it will fail to make any significant dent in the actual problem.

No, idiot.  "Wall" is OBVIOUSLY a catch-all phrase for all the components.  When he makes a speech, he's not going to say "I'll build a wallsensorscamerabarbedwiredronesflirlightingvibrationdectoraerostat".

Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Net costs of the illegal alien invasion

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog