Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump is the monster created by irresponsible right wing rhetoric.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump is the monster created by irresponsible right wing rhetoric. (Read 2,123 times)
admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Re: Trump is the monster created by irresponsible right wing rhetoric.
Reply #30 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:54pm:
Early onset Alzheimer's.

- so easily you seem to prove Queshank's point

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #31 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:48pm:

And not realize it.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Jassmin 8-24-19

Reply #32 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:21am
Print Post  
admin wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:48pm:

Queefshank has no point.

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #33 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Finally I have another minute for this Queshank scramble-to-explain-his-past-comments thread.

As I already stated, you REALLY feel you need to explain, spin and/or apologize for your previous comments. I find that funny and the quotes I have necro'd are fully worth the few minutes of digging that went into them.

Your shtick is being a liberal who was whacked by reality or some such thing, and you even claim you retain your liberal values. And yet you rarely or never post on those topics (at least since turning into a Trump shill) except to use them as some kind of proof of authenticity or advantage lever against other posters who criticize Trump. Queshank's act is to go "look, I'm a liberal who worships Trump so that gives me extra credibility!"

You post defending Trump and appologizing for Trump and attacking people who criticize Trump almost exclusively. When you post on your "liberal values" it is just to get some leverage in a conversation ABOUT TRUMP.

You claim you retain your "liberal values" but you spend all your posting energy defending/promoting/apologizing for the guy who leads the movement that stands in opposition to most of those values. Unless the core of the Trump movement is suddenly pro-women's choice, LGBTQ rights, etc.

You argue repeatedly that all "leftist media" and leftists generally are worse than Trump and his followers/enablers/excusers. And yet the primary evidence you cite is.... drumroll.... their criticism of Trump. Criticism that while frequently biased and often shrill, is generally no worse than anything from Trump, from Fox or other conservative media (or the right generally in the Obama era). The issue (though there are a few) is media as a profit-driven exercise and the rise of 24 hour coverage. But that is a structural problem that has nothing to do with "leftists". This doesn't stop you from trying to claim there is some kind of leftist Stalinist thing about to enslave us all and Trump is the savior we should all be prostrated before.

I can't speculate why you had your late life conversion. Someone close to you died, some kind of Stockholm syndrome from being perpetually surrounded by "Trump lompahs", some f*cked up midlife crisis, or you got body snatched by the idiocy of people like Scott Adams. Maybe it was all of the above. Maybe none of the above. Who the f*ck cares? Fact is, the only thing to judge you by is your posting pattern. And your pattern is one of slavish obeisance before Trump. It is just like so many late life religious converts who need to veer into near-cult-like loyalty for their new world-view to prove to others and to themselves that they are genuine/worthy/etc, or to make up for their prior perceived internal sins and errors.

I can easily state the "left" in the US has thoroughly f*cked up factions. So does the right. But the centrists in both parties are generally sane, even though the fringes in both parties hate their centrists (yet they need them so desperately...). Trump however represents the worst of the right-wing, something you CLEARLY STATED many times in 2015. Until you decided to throw in with Trump and become a thoroughly reliable defender/apologist for a demagogue.

Next...

Queshank wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 3:40pm:
I do not repudiate any of my past words, actions and positions.   For example .. I stand behind every one of those quotes you keep quoting me on.  If you can find a quote from me where I've "repudiated" any of my past words, actions and positions that'd be great.  You spend so much time digging through my back catalogue ... should be easy for you, right?

Sure, that's easy. You are doing it in this very thread.

Queshank wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:05am:
Except I was pretty wrong on that whole "dictator" thing. 

Queshank wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:05am:
What can I say?  I'm opposed to a wall on our southern border and I'm for an open border.  Sometimes I let that run away with me.  I'm not above using the same petty and manipulative rhetoric other leftists use. 

So you now say Trump isn't a dictator, despite that being a prior theme of yours and you take back your claim of the wall as driven by racism, repudiating your past position.

And no, you were not "wrong on the whole dictator thing".

You said:
He's the dictator those who find self governance too difficult have been waiting for.
Which was correct. Except now you deny the truth of it.

You said:
They finally have the dictator they've been longing for to put their anger and spite into action.
Which was correct. Except now you deny the truth of it.

You can come back and waste your time dissecting every sentence I wrote and splitting a few dozen hairs, but it won't change the fact that by your posted words you are using your "I'm a liberal"/"I was a leftist"/"my gazillion leftist friends" bullshit as a transparent attempt to gain credibility and convince others (and possibly yourself) that you have some sort of unique insight or voice on Trump and what he stands for and that your attacks on those who criticize or question him have special merit. But you went from whatever you once were to consistently standing with a right-wing demagogue. That is a fact.

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:54am by Vypr »  

RWB wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:16am:
WHITE POWER WHITE PRIDE
Archie wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 2:06pm:
race mixing with Africans by non-Africans is reversing evolution on one’s own family line. It is a crime against one’s ancestors.
stu_gatze wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 3:49pm:
blacks LOVED slavery

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #34 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 8:37am:
The secret of Trump's appeal to Paul's base is that a large segment of the "Ron Paul Revolution" leavened its libertarianism with a pony keg of crazy. Birthers, 9/11 Truthers, a wide assortment of conspiracy theorists (many of whom believe the Federal Reserve to be a modern manifestation of the Illuminati), and naked racists rivaled the number of reasonably sober libertarian-ish voters among the faithful. Trump won their hearts by throwing even more crazy into the mix and stirring up a white, working class populism last given political life by George Wallace. Paul let these voters down because he was disinclined to offer the distasteful dog whistles that his father traded for extremist support, much less the louder, baser appeals that are Trump's stock-in-trade.

This last paragraph rings pretty true to me.  And I give respect to Rand for not being willing to go there.

Queshank

All of that IS true. And now you shill for the guy described in that paragraph. You are a ferocious Trump apologist. Sad.

RWB wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:16am:
WHITE POWER WHITE PRIDE
Archie wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 2:06pm:
race mixing with Africans by non-Africans is reversing evolution on one’s own family line. It is a crime against one’s ancestors.
stu_gatze wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 3:49pm:
blacks LOVED slavery

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #35 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:21am:
Queefshank has no point.

Queshank is a kajillion times more intelligent and thoughtful than you are. Easily. He isn't a blind partisan like you are. He's intellectually honest, which you're not. And he never ducks challenges, like you always do.

Q is so smart that sometimes I have a difficult time following him.

You? "Mr. Poopy Pants." 'Nuff said.  Roll Eyes

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #36 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 1:08am
Print Post  
I had no idea leftists were this tone deaf and completely void of any self awareness. No need to debate. Just dismiss opposing viewpoints. If you do not reject everything everyone who is not a democrat stands for then you are obviously a Trump slave. It's Wadsworth to the nth degree.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #37 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 1:33am
Print Post  
lol

I'd simply respond like you, with a shrill, screeching monologue making much noise but saying very little and missing the target so spectacularly.  But the problem is John, that you simply don't matter as much to me as I clearly matter to you.

So instead I'm going to try for the eight hundredth time to explain to you, and others, exactly what I've already explained 799 times.  You won't get it.  You've demonstrated how programmed and incapable of independent thought you are so many times on the boards I know it's futile.  Otherwise you'd have already noticed that where I step in defending "Trump" ... I'm not defending Trump.  I'm defending reality.  I just have a clearer bead on it than you do.  You just can't tell from there at the bottom of your glass of Koolaid.  *cough Russia Collusion conspiracy theory *cough.  You forgot to mention how consistent I've been on that one and that this is where 90% of my "defense" of Trump that has you so outraged and bitter has been.  Getting the ball repeatedly spiked in your face for being wrong takes its toll on ya doesn't it?

I have a friend.  He's not even remotely a leftist or a liberal and makes no claim to such.  He's pro life as if his life depends on it.  Because it does.  He was adopted at birth in 1970.  And knows as most adopted children do, that if his life had started a mere 5 years later, he would not exist.  There's no changing someone with that position's mind.  I've never even tried.

I met him in 1979 when we were 9 years old.  We share the same name.  We've been friends ever since.  First time I got drunk at 14 it was with him.  He initiated me into the DeMolay junior shriner's program.  I quit because I'm not much for joining things.  He went on through the ranks and will eventually become a Shriner like his adopted father before him.  Sometime in about 1986 or '87 after a DeMolay fundraiser where we invented a drink we called a "Jackhammer" ... and while drunk from fine tuning said drink ... we both slashed our hands and became blood brothers like we saw in the movies. 

By 1988 he was an Eagle scout.  In 1990 ... unsure of what to do with his life, we spent weeks having conversations about it and he wound up deciding to join the Army against my advice.  He joined the Army and became an Airborne Infantryman.

In 1991 I was flying out to drive back home with his wife while he was shipping out for Persian Gulf I.  Quit my job because they wouldn't give me the time off and I'd already lost one friend that year so I was sensitive to the idea of losing another.  He came home afterwards and started multiple handyman businesses.  Before being activated and sent to Bosnia the next time a president felt like flexing. 

After he got back he went to college with the GI bill and got a 5 year degree in Professional Accounting.  Worked his f*cking ass off to do it while supporting his two children.  I used to talk here on the boards about my conversations surrounding Hillarycare where I became a supporter of single payer.  Those conversations I shared were conversations I had with this guy in the mid 90s.  While he was working his way through college as a firefighter and later as an EMT.

Despite having a degree in Accounting he realized he had no passion for tax work, and decided to become a small business owner instead.  He bought a local bar that had closed down years before.  After building it into a successful business ... Persian Gulf 2 happened in 2003 and as a reservist he was re-activated.  So he put a Hispanic friend of his in charge of his bar, and off he went to serve in Iraq a second time. 

When he came back, his bar had collapsed.  Without the owner there and his drive and ambition it had stifled and slowly died.  So he went back to school and got a second degree.  This time in nursing. 

We had many arguments in the ensuing years.  Mostly over illegal immigration.  I've tried every argument possible.  But for a guy like him, the idea that people would cheat and game the system was anathema.  It did not matter what hit to the economy it would take ... to him, illegal immigration was simply wrong and "illegal" and no flowery rationalization or persuasive argument I tried over the years would shake him from that position.  You do it the right way, or you don't do it at all. 

He spent a few years as a nurse.  And then in March of 2016 I went to breakfast with him and he changed my life forever.

We spent most of the breakfast talking about my dad, who was sick and in the hospital with a lung condition we hadn't realized he'd had.  We had stopped talking much about politics a long time ago.  And then right at the end of our meal as we were getting up to go so I had no chance to argue with him, he said "I'm voting Trump because f*ck them all."

What ... the ... f*ck?  This guy had not one, but TWO college degrees.  He had served in three different military conflicts.  He was pro life.  Not terribly religious ... but ... he was going to vote for this guy that was such a f*cking joke I was speechless and had no idea how to even respond?  It didn't compute.  Trump isn't pro life.  Trump got up on the debate stage and castigated the Iraq war.  This guy was the last guy I would have seen voting for Trump.

Oh and if you're curious, he's the guy currently working as a medic in Kurdistan that I get my information about the situation on the ground from.

<continued because I know you can't help yourself but to read my words, Vypr>

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 2:06am
Print Post  
I shared so much about this guy because it's important that you understand something.

This guy is worth ten of you and I put together.  This guy has sacrificed more and done more for his country than anybody I have ever known, and I'm willing to bet more than anybody you have ever known.  I didn't even go into how his first wife left him while he was in Bosnia.  And how his second wife left him when he was activated for Gulf 2 saying "I didn't sign up for this."

So anyway, where was I. 

Oh yeah.  This guy is worth ten of you and I put together.  This is the point to giving you so much back story.  No matter how I disagreed with him on political issues, I have always known he is deserving of my respect.  He isn't a racist.  He isn't a misogynist.  And above all, he isn't stupid.  And to convince him he was wrong to vote for Trump, I needed to put my best efforts into it.  I needed to do my homework.  And as most objective people on the board will admit ... doing my research and doing my homework on political issues is something I take pretty seriously.

So while I was stuck in a hospital room for a month keeping my dad company anyway, I spent that time researching everything Trump had to say.  Watching his speeches to suss out things to point out to my friend for why this was not the guy for him.  Reading article after article and then researching them and finding the quotes and researching the quotes to hear them in context.  My dad was in a chemically induced coma for half that time anyway, so I had nothing else to do for a shitload of hours.

And something funny happened.

I couldn't find anything to use to convince my friend not to vote for Trump.  Listening to Trump speeches was like listening to half of my friends for the last twenty years.  It was like sitting in a bar with a group of friends, drinking beer and listening to them gripe about politicians.  And gripe about policy.  And gripe about illegal immigration.  (Even that Hispanic friend of my friend who ran his bar for him while he was overseas.) 

Listening to Trump's actual words away from the skewed filter of the media ... Trump sounded like the *perfect* candidate for my friend and many other friends of mine.  And I knew it was futile.  There was no way I was going to convince my friend not to vote for him.

Because I noticed something else.  I noticed how much effort was being put into skewing and spinning Trump's words.  I noticed how much effort was being put into emphasizing one out of context quote from a Trump rally.  Not a single leftist noticed because none of them watched Trump speeches, they simply relied on reporting from their favorite flavor of news.  I noticed how often the media was playing the games I have criticized and pointed out time after time on the boards.  Twice just in the last day alone.  ("I'd probably do both.")  I noticed journalists writing 2,000 word essays about Trumps "war with gold star families" ... without ever quoting Trump a single time.  A shitload of articles have been written about the things Trump says without even quoting Trump.  It's fascinating.  It truly is.

And that's when I realized Trump was going to win the 2016 election.  And started pointing it out on the boards.   

Because Trump supporters were listening to Trump's speeches.  They were seeing how much the media was lying about what Trump had to say.  And most importantly ... why I knew there was never going to be any possibility of a leftist suckling at the teat of CNN's nightly opinion programs convincing a Trump supporter not to vote for Trump.  Trump supporters were just casually minding their own business, keeping their mouths shut, and waiting for election day to pull the trigger.

And despite vehemently disliking Trump as your Internet sleuthing demonstrates ... even I became disgusted with the blatant Sean Hannity/Limbaugh like behavior of hitherto respected journalists that I had considered objective for most of my life.  And even more I noticed another thing.  I noticed those efforts the media outlets were putting into skewing and spinning Trump's words were working among leftists.  I noticed my leftist friends becoming shrill and angry.  I noticed the onset of the epidemic we affectionately call Trump Derangement Syndrome taking hold.  I started getting booted from leftist groups on facebook for simply questioning a false narrative that had taken hold and was being accepted as gospel.

And I kept waiting for the fever to break.  Leftists are smart, right?  There's no way they're going to be fooled for this long.  There's no way this false narrative can be maintained.

Oh boy was I wrong.  Because I started noticing something else with my nonstop and obsessive infatuation with the nightly news.  They were starting to state the opinions of last year as fact.  And that's when I realized the left was creating monsters of their own with their own irresponsible left wing rhetoric.

My right wing friends haven't changed Vypr.  Not even a little bit.  I shared so much about my friendship with this guy because there's something you need to understand.  He hasn't changed.  I have several friends who are Trump supporters.  They haven't changed.  And neither has Trump.  He's the same pig he was in 2015 when I made those posts.

But you've changed my dear leftist friends. 

You are the delusional monsters wearing human faces that need to be watched and protected against now. 

Queshank
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2019 at 2:15am by Queshank »  

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 2:21am
Print Post  
BTW, you need to look up what 'repudiate' means.

You also need to understand that CNN is not extreme.  It's mainstream leftist thought.  The NY Times is not extreme.  It's mainstream leftist thought.  The Washington Post is not extreme.  It's mainstream leftist thought.  NPR is not extreme.  It's mainstream leftist thought.

The fact that you're even trying to compare them to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity is part of why I call you a Koolaid drinker.  You don't even make sense to yourself if you'd spend 5 minutes actually thinking about the shit you say.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump is the monster created by irresponsible right wing rhetoric.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog